Guest guest36187

1 hour ago, Pertenhall said:

Well, what do you know.  Hubby has just been on to his e-mail account and joy of joys, we have also received the letter requesting further documentation,  Will need to open a bottle of bubbly tonight that's for sure!xD

Great Christmas pressie surprise for you ???

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pertenhall said:

Well, what do you know.  Hubby has just been on to his e-mail account and joy of joys, we have also received the letter requesting further documentation,  Will need to open a bottle of bubbly tonight that's for sure!xD

So pleased for you are you going to wait till back in the UK to sort it all out? We had to do it here as planned to stay for 6 months but that might need to change now. Waiting for the phone call from Centrelink . Happy Christmas ??

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pertenhall said:

Great news Pertenhall, enjoy the bubbly! and Happy Christmas!

6 hours ago, HarrisL16 said:

So pleased for you are you going to wait till back in the UK to sort it all out? We had to do it here as planned to stay for 6 months but that might need to change now. Waiting for the phone call from Centrelink . Happy Christmas ??

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HarrisL16 said:

@Gogirl1

Congratulations , brilliant news  an extra special Christmas  present for you. Good luck with everything. ??

We are waiting for the phone call from Centrelink our paperwork was submitted on 5th so need a little bit more patience ?

Lucky you, our acknowledgement date was 23/4/15 and still not heard anything....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pertenhall said:

That's fantastic news, I'm so pleased for you!!!

• Like 3

21 hours ago, HarrisL16 said:

We're going to do the police checks onine tonight and have booked our medicals in the UK when we get back.  Still finding it difficult to believe that things are actually moving at last.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Today marks the first day of the newly formed Department of Home Affairs. Home Affairs brings together Australia's federal law enforcement, national and transport security, criminal justice, emergency management, multicultural affairs and immigration and border-related functions and agencies, working together to keep Australia safe.

This was on the 20th December...... As future Australian Citizens ( eventually ) is everybody aware of this.
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ray and Geri said:

Today marks the first day of the newly formed Department of Home Affairs. Home Affairs brings together Australia's federal law enforcement, national and transport security, criminal justice, emergency management, multicultural affairs and immigration and border-related functions and agencies, working together to keep Australia safe.

This was on the 20th December...... As future Australian Citizens ( eventually ) is everybody aware of this.

I don't fully understand the significance of Ray & Geri’s post, but I guess if it makes Australia safer, then it can only be a good thing. It looks like there will be now even closer links between security and immigration.

The terrible events in Melbourne this week (although not officially terrorism) may give good reason to consider tightening immigration policies. And who knows how this could affect future parent visa criteria.

My main concern for the coming year is what’s going to be in the next budget. We are still waiting for the new (delayed) parent visa to commence, and to see if there are any additional consequences for other parent visa types.

2017 has had its ups and downs, but fantastic to hear of so many visa grants and big moves this year. Particularly when following individual stories on this forum. The last few weeks seem to have been endless rounds of document requests, AOS and case officers. Congratulations to all of you.

My New Year wish is for progress to continue at the same brisk pace, with the queue getting shorter, more places allocated and no price hikes.

Merry Christmas and best wishes to everyone on this forum, past and present.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SusieRoo said:

I don't fully understand the significance of Ray & Geri’s post, but I guess if it makes Australia safer, then it can only be a good thing. It looks like there will be now even closer links between security and immigration.

The terrible events in Melbourne this week (although not officially terrorism) may give good reason to consider tightening immigration policies. And who knows how this could affect future parent visa criteria.

My main concern for the coming year is what’s going to be in the next budget. We are still waiting for the new (delayed) parent visa to commence, and to see if there are any additional consequences for other parent visa types.

2017 has had its ups and downs, but fantastic to hear of so many visa grants and big moves this year. Particularly when following individual stories on this forum. The last few weeks seem to have been endless rounds of document requests, AOS and case officers. Congratulations to all of you.

My New Year wish is for progress to continue at the same brisk pace, with the queue getting shorter, more places allocated and no price hikes.

Not going to make anything or anywhere safer. Its just yet another renaming and realigning of departments. Australia does this regularly as it keeps people in a job redoing all the paperwork etc and makes people think the government is doing something worthwhile. Queensland recently did a similar thing, renamed about a dozen departments for the fourth time in as many years 

Edited by Nemesis
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

I'd like to add my Christmas wishes to that, together with the hope that all those still waiting patiently for their visas will get them before too long.

We were granted out visa in Spring 2016 but for family reasons we were not able to move until August this year. The ups and downs of organising the removals, the insurance, the sale of property seemed endless, and the removal bit is still ongoing.

At various times I've felt homesick, stressed, worried about money, elated and sad. It's been a year to remember and I'm not sure I would want to repeat it. But it's been worth it for us to be here when our granddaughter was born ( a week after we arrived) and to get to know our two year old grandson. Most of all, to know we can meet up with our family whenever we like.

I used to feel so envious of people on here saying they were all ready to go, or had just arrived in Oz ... I still can't really believe not just here on a long visit. So wherever you are in the queue, hang in there!     And wherever you are in the world

HAPPY CHRISTMAS :D and good luck with it all!

• Like 12

5 hours ago, Nemesis said:

Not going to make anything or anywhere safer. Its just yet another renaming and realigning of departments. Australia does this regularly as it keeps people in a job redoing all the paperwork etc and makes people think the government is doing something worthwhile. Queensland recently did a similar thing, renamed about a dozen departments for the fourth time in as many years 

UK Governments do it regularly too.  

• Like 1

There was some discussion previously on the current form 80. We did ours some time ago but the format has changed. There is now facility to sign digitally. 

If anyone has used the new format please can they say if the form 80 is now fully digital and can be submitted online?

If this is the case it would be a great help when documents are aske for.  

• Like 1

@Ian Ireland

That is a great question.

We recently did ours... filled in on the pc... printed all out, scanned back in after signing and then emailed the scanned file.

I never even thought of it to be honest. Just wanted the forms sent ASAP.

We shall watch this space. Anyhow, it is way better than to have to courier papers to Aus.

I am so excited and can not wait to see how soon in the new year we will get contacted. In the meantime we are getting everything ready and sorting our Kitty cat's papers out as well. 

Who else is waiting for the AOS call? Our son applied on 23 Nov 2017 and hasn't had the call from Centrelink yet. Any other dates?

12 hours ago, Nemesis said:

Yes, same in WA. It's supposedly done as a cost cutting exercise (less high level positions) but nobody in their right mind believes it!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ian Ireland said:

There was some discussion previously on the current form 80. We did ours some time ago but the format has changed. There is now facility to sign digitally. 

If anyone has used the new format please can they say if the form 80 is now fully digital and can be submitted online?

If this is the case it would be a great help when documents are aske for.  

You could I suppose copy and paste your electronic signature. I have my signature saved as a word document. I just signed a piece of A4 and scanned back into pc and saved it to a folder. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, elnak said:

@Ian Ireland

That is a great question.

We recently did ours... filled in on the pc... printed all out, scanned back in after signing and then emailed the scanned file.

I never even thought of it to be honest. Just wanted the forms sent ASAP.

We shall watch this space. Anyhow, it is way better than to have to courier papers to Aus.

I am so excited and can not wait to see how soon in the new year we will get contacted. In the meantime we are getting everything ready and sorting our Kitty cat's papers out as well. 

Who else is waiting for the AOS call? Our son applied on 23 Nov 2017 and hasn't had the call from Centrelink yet. Any other dates?

We applied for AoS on October 16th and still haven't heard anything. Went in to Centrelink this week to check all was ok and they said that all was fine, just needed to wait ?

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Ian Ireland said:

I suppose the thing to do is ask the case worker when contact is made whether it can be submitted online. Anyone else being asked soon could maybe let us know. It’s preferable to posting. 

If you can type directly into form then I would say yes 

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

I have not posted a message recently but I wanted to let all the regular posters know how much I, and I am sure everyone, appreciates the effort and time you all give to this thread. The information you provide is invaluable, in particular to those who have received their visas and requests to further documents. To help others at a time when there are a million other things going on is very thoughtful and kind. Whilst the visa process is taking much longer than we anticipated when we first applied,  we can only look forward to exciting times. xD

Thanks again,

Nita 16 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1