Hey everyone chill your jets! I was asked about my personal experience and I gave it. I have no idea if sending emails every day worked or not and you're right, the visa may have arrived in time despite that.
You may prefer to sit back and watch your fate unfold. I believe in trying everything I can and fighting until I know there’s nothing more I can do.
In reference to me considering the poor immigration persons workload. Well if you want me to put that over and above subjecting my family to utter heartbreak because dad had to stay at home, then a quick email every day seems reasonable.
To those of you who sought some genuine advice , all I’ve told you is what happened for us and I keep everything crossed that you the outcome you want because being in limbo is really hard and sometimes the system is wrong.
To those of you who think I’m out of order for pushing, enjoy your trip to Oz in 2029 😊
We applied last January 2019 for Citizenship after 4 years of living in Australia. My husband and two sons (under 16 years) under one application and me under another. In July my mother became very ill and I left quickly with my sons to be with her. Before we left we asked immigration help line if it would affect our sons application if they left with me and we were told no as they are under 16 years - my husband was remaining in Australia. 2 days after arriving in the UK, my husband received an email asking for boys to return within 30 days. We replied that we were told we didn't need to and the circumstances around leaving. Immigration dept send a response email confirming that it didn't matter, we were at the end stages waiting for police checks and that boys could apply for their passport from UK. I am in the position of unable to leave my mother and my husband joined us in October. We applied for FOI and have since found it was put on sleep mode in August. As you must be in Australia at the time of approval, my husband was when the application was being looked at but now no longer is. It appears our only option is leave my mother and return or lose citizenship. It a very difficult dilema for me.
Does anyone have any experience with this? My questions are If we return to Australia for approval, how long can this be before it is approved days, weeks or months? We can apply for resident return visas but when is the latest we must do this by (our visa expired in November).
Coincidentally I was approved a few hours before leaving. I am concerned for my children as they see Australia as their home and will want to return one day but may not be able to.
Thanks in advance if you can help
Could anybody tell me if Fitter(general) is oversubscribed?? I would be looking at a 491visa, but If there is not much hope of success is there any point in me paying for a skills assessment?
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for the response, unfortunately it seems that nothing can be done. i will just wait and see what happens, my agent has said that we will submit application regardless, closer to the deadline. i can hypothesis with her but its extreamly frustrating for us. we are under the assumption that people are lodging the application with a statement attached explaining where the 5 extra points are from as there is no where on the form to address these points. my agent just wants to be certain. thanks again.