Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


wrussell last won the day on January 16 2017

wrussell had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

2,036 Excellent

About wrussell

Recent Profile Visitors

5,944 profile views
  1. wrussell

    How can an Engineering professional migrate to Australia?

    I have several clients hanging by the proverbials after NSW changed their 190 criteria in the middle of the game and over the years I had a number of clients 'capped and ceased'. The EoIs and the visa applications were all valid and in my opinion 'strong' when lodged. I suppose that not being invited is not as bad as waiting for 6 or 7 years and then being ceased.
  2. wrussell

    Solicitor & Points

    Search Schedule 6D and if you cannot develop a strategy to improve your prospects, it might pay you to run your case past one of the RMAs who posts on this forum. You no doubt know what A Lincoln said about those who represent themselves!
  3. wrussell

    Partner visa processing areas ?

    Some years ago a policy of having all visa applications of some classes assessed onshore to ensure 'consistency of decision making' was introduced, but this is currently not the case for partner visa applications.
  4. wrussell

    Dependant child 802

    It might pay the OP to read the 802 schedule 2 regulations.
  5. wrussell

    Visa application help

    It is up to you to provide evidence. A delegate does not have to contact anyone. Rake up whatever you can and submit it It is possible that the delegate is trying to decide whether to award extra points for it, even though you did not claim any, or might doubt the veracity of your claim.
  6. In some cases that would be an option. If you go to my website pinoyau.com and use the contact form I shall have a look at your case, if you wish.
  7. You cannot apply for a 485 offshore.
  8. wrussell

    Jewellery Designer - ANZSCO 232313

    No check ANZSCO code 2323
  9. wrussell

    early childhood education

    to get past AITSL you would need a degree -level qualification. afm_earlychildhood_checklist.pdf
  10. wrussell

    Citizenship advice

    Try this: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/tools/residence-calculator
  11. wrussell

    Citizenship advice

    Here is an outline of what is necessary to satisfy the residence requirements for Australian citizenship,: * The applicant has been present in Australia for the period of at least 4 years before the date of lodging the application for citizenship (lawful residence date) * The applicant was not an unlawful non-citizen in that period * The applicant has been a permanent resident for at least 12 months before the date of lodging the application for citizenship (permanent residence date) * The total period of absence(s) in the previous 4 years before the date of application was not more than 12 months * The total period of absence(s) in the previous 12 months before the date of application was not more than 90 days and in those period(s) of absence, the applicant was a permanent resident of Australia
  12. wrussell

    Migration agent

    Indeed it was. See the attached, heavily edited file. I have 20 GB + of relevant files and I worked on it for many months. The unfortunate wife had 3 children to support and could not pay even a consultation fee, so I ran it pro bono on the understanding that if I won it, I would be paid $275, including GST, after the visa applicant was no longer a guest of Her Majesty and found a job. Needless to say ....so I shall not! I succeeded when Direction 41 was current, but I would not like my prospects under the current applicable Direction. CHILD NCC case .pdf
  13. wrussell

    187 visa conditions after winning AAT

    No work conditions are imposed on a 187 visa, or ever were, so your friend misinformed you. Notwithstanding this, it is possible to have a 187 cancelled for not fulfilling the undertaking to work for the nominating employer for two years after commencing employment, which is part of the nomination/visa application. You are supposed to start work within 6 months of the visa grant and then work for 2 years.
  14. wrussell

    Is Melbourne really this bad.

    Too bad that I am a registered migration agent and cannot hide behind a pseudonym.