Moving to Melbourne

9 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

Unless it's sheep dog or a greyhound you'll be shunned in Melbourne nowadays for being uncool in your choice of canine

Round my way (in Melbourne), some kind of -doodle is compulsory, or a French bulldog.  Greyhounds are still 'in' but not sheepdogs so much.

12 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

Unless it's sheep dog or a greyhound you'll be shunned in Melbourne nowadays for being uncool in your choice of canine

Genuine animal  lovers don't care how "cool" their choice is.  Choosing a dog because it's fashionable is for posers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skani said:

Genuine animal  lovers don't care how "cool" their choice is.  Choosing a dog because it's fashionable is for posers.

Nearly everyone I know adopted their dog from the local dog homes.  Most are mixed breeds of all shapes and sizes with rescue greyhounds also high on the list.  I feel sorry for the little pugs and French bulldogs on a warm day as you can hear them snorting and wheezing when they're out on their walks.  Yes the doodle types are popular.  They are generally lovely natured pooches.