ACT - 190 PR - State Change - 2 years of stay Obligation

Akram

Dears, I have state-sponsored 190 ACT and I have not yet made my first entry. My company has offered me an internal transfer of job to Sydney. I am worried to accept the offer because of the obligation to stay for 2 years in the ACT.

I am sure if I write to ACT they will inform me that I have not made any efforts to stay in the ACT.

What shall I do any suggestions?

Also, will it affect my RRV and citizenship if I apply in the future?

If anyone with personal experience holding 190 ACT, please comment your views

Your obligations

You must email the ACT Skilled Migration team on welcometocanberra@act.gov.au as soon as the Department of Home Affairs tells you they granted your visa. Your email must include:

• the visa grant notification as an attachment; and
  • the date you expect to arrive in Canberra (if you're an overseas resident).

Once the Department of Home Affairs grants your visa, you have some obligations. You have committed to live and work in Canberra for at least two years starting from either:

• the date your visa is granted (if you're a Canberra resident), or
  • the date you arrive in Australia (if you're an overseas resident).

During these two years, you must also:

• complete settlement surveys at 6, 12, 18 and 24 months; and
  • let us know if your contact details change.

You will not be released from your signed obligations. We will inform the Department of Home Affairs if you do not live and work in Canberra for at least two years.

Ah, but you wouldn't move, would you, once you've got established with a job in Sydney.  You could withdraw your application to ACT and start again and apply for NSW then take the job with a clear conscience.  Play by the rules, move to Canberra and give it at least 6 months of solid job hunting then if you cant find anything then contact ACT government and ask them what you should do.