870 parents temporary visa

4 hours ago, Waiting0917 said:

I want to know the process I consult one migration agent and they asking $6500 for their fee .

just wondering if it is very hard to apply. Can anyone please recommend me if you know any migration agent who can help me. 

It should be nowhere near that expensive. 

My son sent in the application to sponsor form 2nd May and so far we have had no feedbackno request for more info - nothing.  Has anyone actually got the sponsor application approved and submitted the request for the 879 visa?

On 30/06/2019 at 20:58, ThomasG said:

Has anyone had a reply to their application to sponsor their parents on the subclass 870 visa we have applied but no reply and the 1st July is tomorrow

Yes, we have a family sponsor approval for this visa pathway.

Best regards.

43 minutes ago, FireBlade said:

How long the approval took?

Based on posts here, seems approvals are either very slow or rare

Its a brand new visa, and only  a very small percentage of applicants will be on this forum. Have to give it time before a proper timeline evolves. 

19 hours ago, VictoriaP said:

Applied for 870 sponsorship 29th April - nothing yet. Just seems strange that so few applicants have been approved, especially now that the actual 870 visa applications are open. 

No updates for so long, this is very concerning. If I remember correctly there was 15K visas cap annually and its expected that lot of people would be applying for 870 !

Just bumped into this article:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-17/parent-visa-online-profiles-user-name-change-deport/11314906

On 01/07/2019 at 04:35, TinaD said:

We applied end of April And had a request 10 days ago for birth certificate ( which we had uploaded) and since then nothing 

Can you confirm how you were notified of the Sponsorship approval please TinaD, unless the request for the birth certificate was for your sponsor and not yourself?

My son put his application in on 21st May, paid the fee and we've heard nothing since. I'm hoping we haven't missed the boat!

According to a Facebook group for Registered Migration Agents, there have not been a lot of 870 Sponsor approvals thus far. Agents were still waiting at beginning of July for sponsorship applications lodged in April. My first application took about 8 weeks. The visas are capped at 15,000 places annually, and I have heard that around 500 sponsorship applications have been lodged so far. 

• Thanks 1

I'm trying to lodge the sponsorship application for my parent but something in the application form baffles me.

On page 25 where they ask for your employment/income details, they ask for your income for "Period ending 30 June 2018". Shouldn't it be "30 June 2019" as that is when the last financial year ended? Has anyone else noticed this? What information did you put in there if you were applying in July 2019 and later?

Thanks..

4 minutes ago, Andy_ said:

I'm trying to lodge the sponsorship application for my parent but something in the application form baffles me.

On page 25 where they ask for your employment/income details, they ask for your income for "Period ending 30 June 2018". Shouldn't it be "30 June 2019" as that is when the last financial year ended? Has anyone else noticed this? What information did you put in there if you were applying in July 2019 and later?

If that's what they're asking for, then that's what I'd give them.    A lot of people wouldn't have submitted their tax returns yet as they don't have to be in until October, so they wouldn't be able to compare with what the ATO have on record for 2018/19

3 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

If that's what they're asking for, then that's what I'd give them.    A lot of people wouldn't have submitted their tax returns yet as they don't have to be in until October, so they wouldn't be able to compare with what the ATO have on record for 2018/19

I hear what you say but the legislation references the most recently ended financial year in the context of the tax assessment notice required from the sponsor  ... IMO it is best for the sponsor to lodge the 2019 tax return, obtain the 2019 tax assessment notice, and provide the Department with 2019.

Best regards.

• Like 1