Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Waiting0917

870 parents temporary visa

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Waiting0917 said:

Parent visa application process

what about it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anybody updates on sponsorship approvals as yet....1st July is imminent for parent applications ....has any sponsors been approved yet.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to know the process I consult one migration agent and they asking $6500 for their fee .

just wondering if it is very hard to apply. Can anyone please recommend me if you know any migration agent who can help me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try Alan Collett at Go Matilda,

very helpful

  • Like 2

CPV 143  lodged 11/10/2017

Acknowledged  20/10/2017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Waiting0917 said:

I want to know the process I consult one migration agent and they asking $6500 for their fee .

just wondering if it is very hard to apply. Can anyone please recommend me if you know any migration agent who can help me. 

It should be nowhere near that expensive. 


____________________________________________________________________

Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have already lodged a 103 visa and had sponsorship approved, can you now go ahead and apply for the new 870 temporary parent visa while waiting. I only have 2000 ahead of me now in queue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone had a reply to their application to sponsor their parents on the subclass 870 visa we have applied but no reply and the 1st July is tomorrow

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not yet ThomasG,what date did you submit your forms?

mine went in May.


CPV 143  lodged 11/10/2017

Acknowledged  20/10/2017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We applied end of April And had a request 10 days ago for birth certificate ( which we had uploaded) and since then nothing 

 

Edited by TinaD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My son sent in the application to sponsor form 2nd May and so far we have had no feedbackno request for more info - nothing.  Has anyone actually got the sponsor application approved and submitted the request for the 879 visa?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sorry i mistyped its the 870 visa we want information about

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/06/2019 at 20:58, ThomasG said:

Has anyone had a reply to their application to sponsor their parents on the subclass 870 visa we have applied but no reply and the 1st July is tomorrow

 

 

Yes, we have a family sponsor approval for this visa pathway.

Best regards.


Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas - www.gomatilda.com

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534; Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

Chartered Accountant (UK, and Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alan Collett said:

Yes, we have a family sponsor approval for this visa pathway.

Best regards.

How long the approval took?

Based on posts here, seems approvals are either very slow or rare

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, FireBlade said:

How long the approval took?

Based on posts here, seems approvals are either very slow or rare

Its a brand new visa, and only  a very small percentage of applicants will be on this forum. Have to give it time before a proper timeline evolves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

Its a brand new visa, and only  a very small percentage of applicants will be on this forum. Have to give it time before a proper timeline evolves. 

True, it would be interesting to know the timelines from @Alan Collett

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, don't let a sample size of one be the basis of your expectations.

Best regards.


Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas - www.gomatilda.com

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534; Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

Chartered Accountant (UK, and Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Applied for 870 sponsorship 29th April - nothing yet. Just seems strange that so few applicants have been approved, especially now that the actual 870 visa applications are open. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, VictoriaP said:

Applied for 870 sponsorship 29th April - nothing yet. Just seems strange that so few applicants have been approved, especially now that the actual 870 visa applications are open. 

No updates for so long, this is very concerning. If I remember correctly there was 15K visas cap annually and its expected that lot of people would be applying for 870 !

Just bumped into this article:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-17/parent-visa-online-profiles-user-name-change-deport/11314906

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/07/2019 at 04:35, TinaD said:

We applied end of April And had a request 10 days ago for birth certificate ( which we had uploaded) and since then nothing 

 

Can you confirm how you were notified of the Sponsorship approval please TinaD, unless the request for the birth certificate was for your sponsor and not yourself?

My son put his application in on 21st May, paid the fee and we've heard nothing since. I'm hoping we haven't missed the boat!


CPV 143 Acknowledged 3rd November 2016, Visitor Visa 600 (Tourist) Acknowledged 11th May 2017, Sponsorship submitted for 870 21st May Approved 29th July- Police checks uploaded and Medical Appt made.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to a Facebook group for Registered Migration Agents, there have not been a lot of 870 Sponsor approvals thus far. Agents were still waiting at beginning of July for sponsorship applications lodged in April. My first application took about 8 weeks. The visas are capped at 15,000 places annually, and I have heard that around 500 sponsorship applications have been lodged so far. 

  • Thanks 1

Lisa De Leon - Registered Migration Agent MARN 1170616

lisa@australianvisaoptions.com.au

www.australianvisaoptions.com.au

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm trying to lodge the sponsorship application for my parent but something in the application form baffles me.

On page 25 where they ask for your employment/income details, they ask for your income for "Period ending 30 June 2018". Shouldn't it be "30 June 2019" as that is when the last financial year ended? Has anyone else noticed this? What information did you put in there if you were applying in July 2019 and later?

Thanks..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Andy_ said:

I'm trying to lodge the sponsorship application for my parent but something in the application form baffles me.

On page 25 where they ask for your employment/income details, they ask for your income for "Period ending 30 June 2018". Shouldn't it be "30 June 2019" as that is when the last financial year ended? Has anyone else noticed this? What information did you put in there if you were applying in July 2019 and later?

If that's what they're asking for, then that's what I'd give them.    A lot of people wouldn't have submitted their tax returns yet as they don't have to be in until October, so they wouldn't be able to compare with what the ATO have on record for 2018/19


Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

If that's what they're asking for, then that's what I'd give them.    A lot of people wouldn't have submitted their tax returns yet as they don't have to be in until October, so they wouldn't be able to compare with what the ATO have on record for 2018/19

I hear what you say but the legislation references the most recently ended financial year in the context of the tax assessment notice required from the sponsor  ... IMO it is best for the sponsor to lodge the 2019 tax return, obtain the 2019 tax assessment notice, and provide the Department with 2019.

Best regards.

  • Like 1

Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas - www.gomatilda.com

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534; Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

Chartered Accountant (UK, and Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×