Guest guest36187

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Team I have received request for police clearance and medical for my parents yesterday (12/12/23) after 6 years of application submission date (30/05/07).

I feel the department has sent us request and given us 28 days only to attend to it at a very wrong time (in the middle of christmas holidays). To add to it, parents are coming here on 20th Dec and they would have to get PCC done through consulate in Australia which may take anything from 3 weeks to 4 weeks. Has anyone been in this probilem before.

Should they have given more more considering its in the middle of holidays? Can I respond to case officer to request more time? Thanks

Simply apply for the police tests and send them the acknowledgment, book a medical test and inform them of the appointment with evidence. It won’t matter then that the results do not arrive with the time stipulated. You simply need to prove that you have actioned them with the tile limit. Even if your medical appointment is after the 28 days it will be fine. You have no control over appointment availability or processing time and they know this, they just want you to prove you are on with it. 

Edited by rammygirl
  • Like 2

Apply for police clearance now.  They will wait as long as you’ve applied within the timeframe given and evidence that to them.  As for medicals, I actually got the request for mine last November when I was on a 3 week holiday in Australia.  I did a very easy thing.  I got my medicals done at Bupa in Perth while on holiday.  Sure it took half a day out of my holiday but if you want something enough you will make it happen.   

On 13/12/2023 at 13:08, rammygirl said:

Simply apply for the police tests and send them the acknowledgment, book a medical test and inform them of the appointment with evidence. It won’t matter then that the results do not arrive with the time stipulated. You simply need to prove that you have actioned them with the tile limit. Even if your medical appointment is after the 28 days it will be fine. You have no control over appointment availability or processing time and they know this, they just want you to prove you are on with it. 

Thank you @rammygirl @Tulip1 I can apply for Police clearance when they arrive here on 20th Dec but concern is that I have to submit my passport to Indian consulate and they are not able to give me timeframe on when will the application be processed. As parents are coming for 2 months, don't want to take risk that its about time for them to leave and they don't have their passport. 

I have emailed case officer today requesting if we can do Medical examination here first and then police clearance can be done by them later when reach back in India Feb end. Lets see what he says. Would that be ok?

I know you would say why i want to delay application but to be honest I don't mind couple of months of delay as parents are sorting out few things in India and are not in that hurry to start --living here.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Response from Immi to the email I sent to parents@homeaffairs.gov.au. Last line indicates I dont need to resend email through Parent Visa Online form.

We are unable to respond to your email.

If you need to contact us or provide documents or information, please do not use this email.

Use our web-form at:

Parent Visa Online Form

Information on Parent visas, including current processing dates, is available on the Department’s website at www.homeaffairs.gov.au or via the Parent Visa Online Form link above.

Your email does not need to be re-sent via the webform. Please use it next time.

We applied for parents June 2019 for 864. Just received request for Police clearance , Medicals - which is unlikely to be completed in 28 days- so for now submitted proof of payments/medical appointments to prove that we have taken action. when does one receive request for AoS ? I read comments that most of the times AoS is requested at the same time as when police clearance and medicals are requested.

5 hours ago, ravzter123 said:

We applied for parents June 2019 for 864. Just received request for Police clearance , Medicals - which is unlikely to be completed in 28 days- so for now submitted proof of payments/medical appointments to prove that we have taken action. when does one receive request for AoS ? I read comments that most of the times AoS is requested at the same time as when police clearance and medicals are requested.

This is just for pre assessment for the queue. AOS is only requested shortly before grant. They are still working on May 2017 and there are over 5000 applications in June 2017 
June 2019 is not likely to be processed /granted until November 2026. https://www.gm-parent-visas.com/visa-processing-time-calculator/?visa_month=6&visa_year=2019&expect_annually=7000&dataset=2023-10-03#calculator

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello friends,

I applied for contributory visa (sub class 143) in July 2018. Just wondering if I can change the sponsor from one son to another? Can I do that without losing my number in the queue?

On 16/01/2024 at 13:35, PCP said:

Hello friends,

I applied for contributory visa (sub class 143) in July 2018. Just wondering if I can change the sponsor from one son to another? Can I do that without losing my number in the queue?

Any help is appreciated

We have received up to date information from the Department of Home Affairs regarding the number of Contributory Parent visa applications that are in the system.

These have been entered into the database on our website, and can be used to estimate CP visa application processing times here:

A reasonable expectation presently is some 7,000 CP visas being granted annually.

Best regards.

Notably, almost 28,000 applications for Contributory Parent visas were lodged in calendar year 2023, which represents some 4 years of CP visa grants based on the usual number.

Expectations of the withdrawal of CP visas is likely driving this surge in demand; a normal year would see 10,000 to 12,000 CP visa applications being submitted.

Best regards.

• Like 4

Hello,

Firstly, thanks to everyone who posts on this forum. It has been an invaluable source of information to assist with applications for parent visas on behalf of my mother.

For context, we applied for the 143 visa in December 2018 and received a Queue Letter in November last year.

In the interim we decided to go down the path of applying for the 870 visa, due to long wait times for 143.

My mother was asked to pay the 2nd VAC for the 870 visa late last year, as well as demonstrate adequate health care arrangements.

It has now been more that 3 months since I submitted her Medicare enrollment application (she is resident in a country with reciprocal healthcare arrangements with Australia), but we have yet to hear anything from ServiceAustralia.

Has anyone else experienced similar delays in enrolling in Medicare? I have already advised Immigration that we are still waiting for a response prior to paying the 2nd VAC for the 870 visa.

Also, given that Reciprocal Healthcare under Medicare is only supposed to cover "medically necessary treatment" in Australia for the duration of a visa, which in this case will be 5 years, do most people also apply for private health insurance whilst on the 870 visa?

My mother is in her 70s, and whilst she is healthy, there is always the concern that she may require treatment for a more serious condition during her stay here.

Can anyone give a rough indication of the annual premium for health insurance for those on an 870 visa?

Thanks!

Ok, I've answered my own question regarding the cost of health insurance for an 870 visa - apologies for not just checking this myself!

Perhaps a more pertinent question is, in order to satisfy the health insurance requirement for an 870 visa, does the private health insurance have to begin immediately for the visa to be granted, or can it start at a future date, in keeping with when the holder of the insurance is expected to arrive in Australia?

1 hour ago, mark0 said:

It has now been more that 3 months since I submitted her Medicare enrollment application (she is resident in a country with reciprocal healthcare arrangements with Australia), but we have yet to hear anything from ServiceAustralia.

Has anyone else experienced similar delays in enrolling in Medicare? I have already advised Immigration that we are still waiting for a response prior to paying the 2nd VAC for the 870

Do you mean you're waiting for a response from Medicare before you pay the 2nd vac?  Why?

Well I suppose we could pay the 2nd VAC, but we would still have to wait until she receives confirmation of enrollment in Medicare before Immigration will approve her visa so there doesn't seem much harm in waiting to both at the same time, unless I'm missing something?

40 minutes ago, mark0 said:

Well I suppose we could pay the 2nd VAC, but we would still have to wait until she receives confirmation of enrollment in Medicare before Immigration will approve her visa so there doesn't seem much harm in waiting to both at the same time, unless I'm missing something?

Take our private heath insurance with a deferred commencement date.

Pay the PHI premium for 3 months of cover.

Send confirmation of this (a letter from the insurer) to the Department.

Visas should be granted.

Then enrol in Medicare under the RHCA.

Best regards.

2 hours ago, mark0 said:

we would still have to wait until she receives confirmation of enrollment in Medicare before Immigration will approve her visa....

I think you've got that wrong.  Enrol in Medicare once you've got the visa.  It's the private insurance they want evidence of, as Alan says.

Edited by Marisawright

Thanks @Marisawright My mother was visiting over Christmas so I used the visa grant number from that visa for her Medicare enrollment application.

My hope was that her Medicare card would have come through in time for the 870 visa.

Enrollment in Medicare would suffice to show she has adequate health coverage for the 870 visa.

Given this now looks unlikely I have decided to follow @Alan Collett's and apply for private health cover with a deferred start date.

I already have the certificate of insurance so will pay the 2nd VAC tonight.

Thanks again for everyone's advice! 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Our latest blog discusses an issue of increasing significance to those waiting for subclass 143 Contributory Parent visas to be granted and who have a subclass 870 visa - the renewal of subclass 870 visas and the need to be outside Australia for at least 90 days.

This might be of interest to a few of you.

Best regards.