Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'dependent'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Working and Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Visitor Visas
    • Studying and Training Visas
    • Other Visas
    • Repealed and Closed Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Citizenship
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 49 results

  1. I know that B.E. has their parent visa thread......why dont we have one? All parent visa applicants.....here is your own thread in order to ask questions, chat, moan and groan....whatever you wish! Good Luck to you all and looking fwd to hearing from you x
  2. Hi, I'm a bit confused and hope you can help me. I am currently studying in Australia at a college. I have Student Visa Subclass 500 (Sector: Vocational Education- VET). I have started on April 15 2019 and it hasn't yet been 6 months. My wife is my partner dependent, she has my same visa. We both have work limitation condition 8104. I am currently trying to switch from college to do masters degree. I am awaiting results from a university regarding my admission and I should receive a response within a week as education starts on 15th of July. According to my wifes current visa condition (condition 8104) she cannot work more than 40 hours per fortnight as I am studying at a college. According to that condition she can work unlimited hours if I study masters degree. I have talked to visa department but as always they were themselves confused and I couldn't get definitive answer. As I understand my further steps are as following. 1. Wait for the offer letter from university for masters degree. 2. Ask my current education provider (college) for a release letter so that they allow me to switch my course and provider. As It hasn't yet been 6 months since start of my studies, I need their permission. 3. Once both of my education providers agree and update my details I will need to send my new certificate of enrolment to visa department and update my details there. Now I have a few questions. As much as I understood, as I switch to higher level of education, I don't need to apply for a new visa. My question is will Sector field of my and my wifes current visa be changed from VET to Higher Education after I start studying at masters level ? If no, will my wife be able to work unlimited hours after I start my masters degree education ? Condition 8104 states that IF I study at a masters level or PHD my partner can work more than 40 hour per fortnight. It doesn't say "if your sector is VET she can not but if it's higher education she can". I would be extremely thankful if you guys could answer my 2 following questions: 1. will the sector part on my current visa change ? if it doesn't change, does it even matter what it says ? 2. If sector part of my visa doesn't change but I legitimately start studying at masters level, will my partner be able to work more than 40 hours per fortnight ? Thanks in advance guys.
  3. Hello , I am in a very difficult state. I need a sample letter based on the situation or if you can suggest me something appropriate. I am on student visa in Melbourne (came on 16th nov 2017) and my husband and baby(15 months) is in India. The baby wasn't adjusting at all there as I came here so we applied for husband's and baby's subsequent visa (application submitted on 8th dec). In India he is not been cared properly as my mother in law has arthritis in knees and could not carry him or can run after him and my father in law goes in the morning for work and come late evening. My husband although has a business partner but has to juggle between work and home and it's getting too difficult. the baby is getting weaker and the visit to doctor is getting so frequent and increasing day by day. I want to write a letter to embassy to speed up the process. How can i write and how can i do that. Thank you
  4. Hi, me and my sister are both over 18, and are dependent in a de facto(temporary) visa application for our mom and her partner. We stated that we are still studying as to why we are dependents even if we're over 18. We lodged the application last Dec 2016 and we're still waiting for the approval til now. We're currently in a tourist visa in australia. My first question is: how likely is it that our visa will get approved? We've been waiting for 6 months now, and we havent heard from them yet. this end month, our tourist visa will expire and i am planning on going back to our country but my sister and mom are planning on extending for another 3 months. My next question is: is me going back to our country alone and separated from my mom and sister will affect the decision of the embassy to our application? please help. Thank you!
  5. When I applied for my 457 my eldest daughter did not want to come but after 1 month of me being here she joined us on a year working holiday visa. Just wandering if I can add her to the 457 as she is dependent on me and if I can how do I go about it? I have read one entry that says you have to fill 1066 form. Does that mean she fills it out or do I do it and add her as the dependent with my other daughter who is on my existing Visa. Essentially is it a new application which has to be agreed to by my employer? Many thanks Sonia
  6. RedL

    Dependent Adults...

    I am in the earliest stages of thinking about a move to Australia. At this stage I would like to know if it is actually even possible. Any help would be much appreciated. My family circumstances are very complicated. I am a 24 year old female, my mother and father have both died. As a consequence I am the legal guardian for my 16 year old brother. However, I also have another brother for whom I have power of attorney as he is severely autistic. He is entirely dependent on me. Where do I stand in terms of visas? If I can get one, which I've been told I can, are they entitled to just come along too? Or is that totally naive? By the time we might move I think my younger brother will probably be 18 too. He is also autistic and dependent though, so I am assuming his case will be similar to my elder brother? So, I guess my question is how do visas work if you want to bring a dependent adult rather than child? Equally, is there any problem getting a visa for disabled people? Thanks in anticipation of any help or advice
  7. Dear Friends, I am planning to apply for sub class 189 visa. My plan is to apply as a single applicant . Once i get the visa, look for a job , get settled and then later apply for the family visa.. I came to know that it is very difficult to apply for family at later stage, so it is better to include dependents now. What do you guys suggest?
  8. Hi All I have a question regarding proving the functional English for my mother (dependent). She wrote her IELTS exam on the 15th of March 2014, last month and due to some technical issues they have postponed the results to the 18th of April 2014. * Can I now lodge the visa by paying the fees and update the CO that she has functional English via form1022 ? * Can you please explain this excerpt from the immi.gov.au website? Does it mean that the test date should be within 12 months or the results ? It says: To prove that you have functional English you must provide evidence of one of the following: an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test result with an average band score of at least 4.5 for the four test components (speaking, reading, listening and writing). Your test must have been completed within 12 months of visa application lodgement or can be completed during visa application processing.
  9. my sister, who has just been granted a PR, is living in Australia, i am her only younger brother, my parents and i now want to apply a visa subclass 143 to live with my sister in australia permanently. the problem, however, is that i am 19 years old already . after several months finishing high school last year , i decided to study at a private english school till now, this morning, i went to a private immigration centre to consult some info abut this visa, they told me that my evidence to prove my dependency on my parents is not strong enough because i am studying at an english school, i need to study at any school as long as it's a state one. and they are quite sure that i can be rejected my visa, they also said that when my family apply this kind of visa, we have to give clear evidence that i still depend on my family and i MUST be enrolled a full-time or post-secondary course leading to a qualification. Therefore, my situation now doeant appropriate the requirement !!! i am really confused, does anyone who has lots of experience on this visa can give me more exact info??? and what should i do now?? many thanks
  10. Guest

    Totally Lost

    Hi, I have been reading the forum and thought it would be a good idea to write on here to see if there are other people out there feeling how im feeling. I moved out to Aus 7 years ago with my mum, dad and brother i was 16 at the time. So i left a lot of very close friends back in the UK as well as my mums side of the family. I went back to the UK a couple of times when i was 17/18 years old, and was always very excited to get back to Aus as i considered Aus home. I have since then got married and my husband and I went back to UK (for the first time in 5 yrs) in November 2011. As soon as I got there i had this instant feeling of that is where i want to be, seeing my friends, close family again was fantastic. my husband absolutely loved the UK and is very keen to go back. We decided to see how we felt when we got back to Aus to see if we really did want to move there or whether it was just a holiday crush. Since being back i have felt more unsettled than i ever have and cannot stop thinking about the UK and everyone there. My parents have basically gone balistic as this, telling me its ridiculous that i should want to go back and how i have an unrealistic view of how the UK will be like to live in. My husband and I have researched things like average electricity/gas, water costs, mortgages, food bills etc etc and we know how much we could expect to earn there (thanks to a friend in recruitment), and we realise that it is very possible. I miss it so much it hurts to think about, my husband has said he will take me back but i do not want to make a mistake...........
  11. Under 18 who is 17 at the time of application but will be 18 and a non dependent by the time we get the visa.... Stepson will be 18 in June and wont be migrating with us (will be coming on his own working holiday visa).
  12. I'm Canadian, my wife is Russian and my parents in-law are also Russian. They live with us in Canada, they have their Canadian pr and are on their way to Canadian citizenship The parents-inlaw are dependent on me for their survival. I was trying to figure out how the language requirements work. It says "How well does the dependent communicate in English?" Better than functional Functional Limited Not at all Is there some clarification outline some where on how you determine this ? Are there language tests needed for depend ants on 121/856 visas ? Does this question kick off some additional documents if you don't mark better than functional ? I haven't been able to find anything so far so your help is greatly appreciated!!!! Does them being married have any impact on us sponsoring them ? Is it better for them to be Canadian Citizens or Permanent residents and just pay the language training ? Alan
  13. Guest

    Australia dependent visa

    Hi All, I am ex member of this forum I learned lot from this forum when i was waiting for my PR application subclass 176. Now i am seeking more information regarding dependent (Spouse) Visa. Can someone copy and paste thread link regarding dependent Visa?
  14. Another query on behalf of a good friend who is hoping to secure a 457 visa. The question is will his wife be allowed to set up a business after arrival in Australia? I've done some digging myself and it's clear that she will be able to work but not so clear as to whether she will be able to be a business owner. Any advice from someone i the know would be greatly appreciated. Cheers
  15. Hi, we are having a few issues with getting my partners ex to agree to a medical for his non-migrating dependent. I know we can do statutory declarations, etc to get round this problem, but does anyone know what the benefit is for the future, in regard to the child doing the medical? Regards, Michelle
  16. Hi Guys Can you please help we have recieved email from co requesting evidence for 19 year old son. He is in full time education at college have sent letters from colleges to say that also sent qualification certificates but co wants more. He is on my car insurance details as a third driver i will send the documents but what else can i send he lives at home we give him cash if he needs anything.
  17. Hi everyone, Me and my gf have lodged our application for 175 visa. I am the main applicant and she is my dependent (de facto). Does she need to be assessed by ANMC? Or can she go with her registration directly? Can she do it now? We are still on the process of applying for the visa. Thanks guys!
  18. nicmark

    Adult dependent proof

    Hi all, My daughter is 19, left college last year in July, took a year off and has applied to Uni for this year. She works part time 6hrs per week, and is still waiting confirmation of a uni place for this year. My concern is our case officer has requested further info to prove dependency. I was just wondering if anyone esle has been in this situation and what proof is best to prove dependency. Nic
  19. I'm in the same boat as a lot of members, my mom who is 66 (dad is deceased) would love to be coming with us. Have any members successfully included a parent as a dependent on a 457 visa? She has some money (£50000) but no property and no income and at 66 not many prospects for employment (she can also not claim any financial support and has no pension) My brother is a mature student with no income so I am only earner who could support her. Any advice or help from anyone who has done this or is doing it would-be greatly appreciated or indeed from anyone with any relevant knowledge Thanks Grant
  20. rainyc

    Proving child is dependent

    hi guys, I know this has been discussed before but here is our situation and am wondering if anyone has been in a similar one. Case officer has asked for form 47a, and financial and residential proof for our 19 year old. She is at college studying a full time course, since sept 10 but when we originally lodged the visa in Sept 09 she was at college but actually only did the course for a month or two and dropped out, she then just carried on with her part time job until she could enrol again for this new one. What Im concerned about is will the case officer see it as a problem that she was not in full time education for most of 2010, even though she is at college now and has been since September ?? We have residential proof as she is on our tenancy so thats ok and with regards to the financial proof we only have a direct debit as proof that we pay her car insurance, nothing else officially on paper. My husband has wrote that he pays for her food, roof over her head etc but she does work part time and earns approx £120 pw. Does anyone know if we will be ok, as she is at college but its the big gap in 2010 that she wasnt at college that worries me. Any advise would be really appreciated before we submit everything. Thank you to anyone who can help
  21. bennyboy

    Dependent children over 18

    Hi all, Sorry if i have asked this question already but cannot find the information and i am panicking. Does anyone have information and advice on the following? Is a 19 and 21 year old, living at home but in full time employment, pays house keep, has own car, could move out anytime if they wanted, classed as a dependent? I am a little confused by the forms that have to be filled in for dependent children over 18. I know they have to be mentioned on form 47sp but not sure if i have to fill in 47A too. I also have a 6year old so i know he is a dependant but not sure if i fill in 47A for him? All 3 of my children are Citizens of Australia by descent. They are not migrating i am told as they are citizen's but need to be mentioned on forms. Also, i am not sure if i need to certify my 2 eldest children's police check certificates, change of name certificates, birth certificates, passports etc..... Any advice greatly appreciated-again sorry if i have already asked a while ago and if you have kindly responded.:wideeyed: Thanks, Bennyboy.
  22. clairerichie

    Non Dependent Children - HELP

    Can anybody help us!!!!!!!!!!!! We are all set to put in our Visa Immigration Application, my husband has a daughter from a previous relationship who is 12, do we have to declare her on on visa application as a non-dependent - he has no parental responsibility for her, as this lies with her mum, Thanks Claire:yes:
  23. Okay so a good mate's wife has decided she's had enough and is going back to the UK with their 2 year old. No courses completed - no degrees conferred. What are the options for my mate if he wants to stay on? How long does he have ?? Thanks
  24. Apologies for what is probably a very dumb question... I am an Australian citizen, and will be marrying my partner in mid-October, and then applying on-shore for spousal visa for my partner. I have a child from a previous marriage. My child is an Australian citizen, and my ex and I share joint custody. My partner does not have any children. We're having trouble working out whether the various questions about dependent children on my partner's form 47SP, require us to list my child as a "dependent child" for purposes of this application. My child isn't migrating, and my partner has no official legal responsibility for my child (although he does, in practice, act as another parent) - if something were to happen to me, at this point, custody would go to my ex, rather than my current partner. The form says, on the one hand, that "A dependent child may be your or your fiance(e) or partner's child or step-child", which sounds to me as though it should include my son. On the other hand, it asks for a court document to prove that there is a legal obligation to care for the child - which my partner won't be able to provide, since the custody arrangements were negotiated between me and my ex. My child isn't migrating - he's already in Australia, and a citizen by birth. He's not a dependent on my partner in any direct way, although since the household finances are combined, my partner does help support my child. Just a bit confused about what's required... Any help would be much appreciated...
  25. Guest

    IELTS for dependent

    Hi all, Is it true that a dependent is not required to score a 7 in all 4 sections of the IELTS, unlike the principal applicant? If so, what is the minimum requirement a dependent should score? Thanks!