Guest guest36187

3 hours ago, Sheila2010 said:

That’s what I told my relative - it would be outrageous to do this! The agents couldn’t provide any evidence and I told my relative they were scaremongering. I told my relative visas had been discussed in parliament but nothing had been decided several months ago.
When will anything official will be published? 1st July?

Thanks. 

I think we can all be fairly sure that as soon as there is an official move of any kind, Alan Collett will be posting it on here asap  😊

Edited by Nemesis
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

Back from annual leave!

No changes have been announced re parent visas in my absence, so far as I am aware.

Best regards.

ABC news should called you for an interview regarding parent visa. You could have presented our case more strongly 

At last after a 6 year 4 month wait we have been granted our 143 Parents Contributory Visa today having lodged in March 2017.  Looking forward to the start of our new life in Australia as permanent residents.  We would like to thank Alan Collett and his wonderful team at Go Matilda Visas for all his help, advice and invaluable support!  We highly recommend his services!

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 5

12 hours ago, Sue 320 said:

At last after a 6 year 4 month wait we have been granted our 143 Parents Contributory Visa today having lodged in March 2017.  Looking forward to the start of our new life in Australia as permanent residents.  We would like to thank Alan Collett and his wonderful team at Go Matilda Visas for all his help, advice and invaluable support!  We highly recommend his services!

That's very kind - thanks Sue!

Best wishes.

• Like 1

Can anyone confirm something for me please.  I have my 143 visa and will be replacing my passport soon as it’s due to expire shortly.  I assume I don’t need to inform immigration of my new passport details and that my visa will automatically carry over onto my new passport?

Edited by Tulip1

2 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

Can anyone confirm something for me please.  I have my 143 visa and will be replacing my passport soon as it’s due to expire shortly.  I assume I don’t need to inform immigration of my new passport details and that my visa will automatically carry over onto my new passport?

I’m not sure how but you do need to link your grant to your passport as it’s the way to confirm you are PR. I think you can change  your passport number in your VEVO account in immi 

2 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

I think you need to submit Form 929 so that the department can link your visa to the new passport. The details of how to submit should be on the form.

9 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

When did your 143 come through Tulip1? My AOS was accepted on 29 June 2023 after a little drama and based on your experience I’m trying to not be impatient. It’s good to hear you’ve made that step forward. 

1 hour ago, LesleyT said:

When did your 143 come through Tulip1? My AOS was accepted on 29 June 2023 after a little drama and based on your experience I’m trying to not be impatient. It’s good to hear you’ve made that step forward. 

End of May.  Over five months after AOS was accepted.  

Hi Everyone,

I’d like some feedback please regarding the following my mums 173 VISA application.
After 6 years in Oct 2022 my mum got the request for Health Exam, Police checks etc.
The Health Exam picked up something that needed further investigation which was cleared but did delay the final submission of all documents until February 2023.
Based off another members journey from this thread @dunken (Congrats) I expect my mum should hear on her application in the next month or two.

I guess we should be excited as her long wait appears to be coming to an end and I understand many others would love to be this close. 

Crazy as this sounds, I can’t help thinking should she withdraw her 173 application, then travel here on a holiday VISA and apply for the 804 Aged Parent VISA.

Reasons are, she is 77 now and her lifestyle is very different to when she applied, she won’t leave Australia once she’s here with me. 
The additional VISA cost plus the requirement to apply for the 143 after 2 years is far more expensive that the 804, to me the money saved will go along way to pay for other things she will need.

I do understand applying for the 804 will mean she goes on a bridging VISA and not become a permanent resident.  We are planning for her to live with me so she won’t need to buy a property or anything. 

What are the other pros to the 173 I’m missing compared to the 804 path? 

Thanks

5 minutes ago, Garner said:

Hi Everyone,

I’d like some feedback please regarding the following my mums 173 VISA application.
After 6 years in Oct 2022 my mum got the request for Health Exam, Police checks etc.
The Health Exam picked up something that needed further investigation which was cleared but did delay the final submission of all documents until February 2023.
Based off another members journey from this thread @dunken (Congrats) I expect my mum should hear on her application in the next month or two.

I guess we should be excited as her long wait appears to be coming to an end and I understand many others would love to be this close. 

Crazy as this sounds, I can’t help thinking should she withdraw her 173 application, then travel here on a holiday VISA and apply for the 804 Aged Parent VISA.

Reasons are, she is 77 now and her lifestyle is very different to when she applied, she won’t leave Australia once she’s here with me. 
The additional VISA cost plus the requirement to apply for the 143 after 2 years is far more expensive that the 804, to me the money saved will go along way to pay for other things she will need.

I do understand applying for the 804 will mean she goes on a bridging VISA and not become a permanent resident.  We are planning for her to live with me so she won’t need to buy a property or anything. 

Thanks

I can’t imagine that being a good idea when you’re a few years off PR.  Supposing she lives another ten years and in that time needs extensive medical care and in her final few years needs full time care.  Has she/you got potentially hundreds of thousands of dollars to cover all that.  You’re probably thinking she won’t need to go into a care home as she lives with you but things change.  My mum had to go into a care home in the end.  We’d already came to the conclusion she had to but following a spell in hospital she was confirmed by social services as needing 24 hour around the clock care.  There was no choice.  What if that happens to your mum.  My mum died 8 months later of a stroke but there were old people in that care home that were still going years after arriving.  Have you got the finances to cover that.  I get what you’re saying and if from the UK you’re probably hoping she will be covered for medical things but I don’t think she’ll be covered for everything and certainly not aged care.  It’s a risk that may go wrong.  Also, I think people have to do a medical about three years after submitting a 804 in order to be placed on a queue.  If she fails that then what? 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

I can’t imagine that being a good idea when you’re a few years off PR.  Supposing she lives another ten years and in that time needs extensive medical care and in her final few years needs full time care.  Has she/you got potentially hundreds of thousands of dollars to cover all that.  You’re probably thinking she won’t need to go into a care home as she lives with you but things change.  My mum had to go into a care home in the end.  We’d already came to the conclusion she had to but following a spell in hospital she was confirmed by social services as needing 24 hour around the clock care.  There was no choice.  What if that happens to your mum.  My mum died 8 months later of a stroke but there were old people in that care home that were still going years after arriving.  Have you got the finances to cover that.  I get what you’re saying and if from the UK you’re probably hoping she will be covered for medical things but I don’t think she’ll be covered for everything and certainly not aged care.  It’s a risk that may go wrong.  Also, I think people have to do a medical about three years after submitting a 804 in order to be placed on a queue.  If she fails that then what? 

It would be interesting to hear from any parents who have actually been eligible for a health care home package and made use of it. It’s not straight forward here. We have finally been assessed at level one, and not sure if it’s actually worth taking it, as we might actually be out of pocket. We also still have to be assessed by Centrelink  You are allocated a certain amount this is to help you stay in your own home, for the package to decide how it’s spent on your care, from the lowest level 1 to maximum level 4.
we have been assessed as needing house and garden help, plus physio and podiatry for my husband, on a slightly different short term help, and an assessment is included for an occupational therapist to see what aids are advised to be installed and waiting to hear what happens next.
There is also home assist here on the Sunshine Coast again designed to help you stay in your home, and not climb ladders!!! you can get someone to change light bulbs, clean your gutters and solar panels, plus a few other basic home maintenance, all at minimal cost, not gardening, doubt much if anything available if the parent is living with family,

I don’t know about the cost or conditions about going into care, or how it works, or how long you need to be PR before you qualify for any help at all if aren’t PR, or citizen eg on 804 visa, if you come on the parent route?             It all needs investigation when considering moving here  and income relevant 

• Like 1

Hi all lovely people my dad and my brother subclass 173 has granted and we are now thinking to apply subclass 143 and for AOS purposes. I have given AOS to my brother in law family 3 years ago so I know I can't provide another aos now therefore I'm thinking to provide aos from our business ( cafe ) trading under a discretionary trading trust. It's operating over 7 years. My question is can we use this business entity for AOS for my brother? Also another question I'm also a trustee of the trust does this effect my eligibility🤔

5 minutes ago, Majhar said:

Hi all lovely people my dad and my brother subclass 173 has granted and we are now thinking to apply subclass 143 and for AOS purposes. I have given AOS to my brother in law family 3 years ago so I know I can't provide another aos now therefore I'm thinking to provide aos from our business ( cafe ) trading under a discretionary trading trust. It's operating over 7 years. My question is can we use this business entity for AOS for my brother? Also another question I'm also a trustee of the trust does this effect my eligibility🤔

Respectfully, these questions are far too technical for a discussion forum.

I submit that you really should be paying for professional advice.

Best regards.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Garner said:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks

Leaving aside any emotional feeling but using cold hard logic this is exactly why Australia doesn’t want parents especially on 804. By the very nature of the visa parents have to be elderly and elderly people develop many problems as they age. So what seems to be a cheap way of living in Australia could end up being very expensive in future years -either for the parents and family themselves or for the Australian taxpayer. For example paying for a hip operation would cost the parent around $40000 - nearly the price of a contributory visa! Allowing the length of the contributory queue to drag out has created a huge number of elderly people applying for and living in Australia on 804 which is not financially viable unfortunately especially if they also get Reciprocal Health Care. This is the dilemma currently facing the govt. They understand that people would like their parents with them, especially in the cultures where extended families are the norm. But there has been a recent explosion in the numbers using 804. . Even if the parents fail the Medicals a few years down the line it’s very difficult for Australia to tell them to leave - there would be numerous stories in the media! 

I don’t know the answer - ending 804 would stop more entering Australia but would cause arguments in Parliament re human rights etc. 

It’s a problem facing the whole world - an increasingly ageing population. Contributory visas do make a contribution towards medicare but realistically it doesn’t cover the potential costs. And I say all this as someone who’s already waited 6 years for their visa - and still waiting! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LindaH27 said:

Leaving aside any emotional feeling but using cold hard logic this is exactly why Australia doesn’t want parents especially on 804. By the very nature of the visa parents have to be elderly and elderly people develop many problems as they age. So what seems to be a cheap way of living in Australia could end up being very expensive in future years -either for the parents and family themselves or for the Australian taxpayer. For example paying for a hip operation would cost the parent around $40000 - nearly the price of a contributory visa! Allowing the length of the contributory queue to drag out has created a huge number of elderly people applying for and living in Australia on 804 which is not financially viable unfortunately especially if they also get Reciprocal Health Care. This is the dilemma currently facing the govt. They understand that people would like their parents with them, especially in the cultures where extended families are the norm. But there has been a recent explosion in the numbers using 804. . Even if the parents fail the Medicals a few years down the line it’s very difficult for Australia to tell them to leave - there would be numerous stories in the media! 

I don’t know the answer - ending 804 would stop more entering Australia but would cause arguments in Parliament re human rights etc. 

It’s a problem facing the whole world - an increasingly ageing population. Contributory visas do make a contribution towards medicare but realistically it doesn’t cover the potential costs. And I say all this as someone who’s already waited 6 years for their visa - and still waiting! 

Appreciate your input and thoughts.  Hopefully not too much longer for you.

• Like 1