Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

241 Excellent

About LindaH27

  • Rank
    Junior Member

Recent Profile Visitors

705 profile views
  1. Many congratulations to all those moving on. It’s great to see we’ve apparently passed that June 2015 surge! However one thing does puzzle me. Given that the alleged queue at the end of June 2015 was around 28000 and they’re only granting 6000 or so visas I don’t understand how immi can apparently have assessed all 28000 in queue at June 2015 if they’re now asking July applicants for documents??
  2. Thank you  Linda, yes we did need a new sponsor , it was for the AOS. We have one  now and AOS was lodged in August. Our case officer has given us 28days to send the letter, so now we will ask immigration for an extension.   Yes our case officer has asked for form 40 to be redone saying  it has expired, we'll have to seek advice. Just don't understand. 

  3. @lesleyh I seem to remember you were having trouble finding a new sponsor a few months ago. If you found one did you let immi know and did they confirm?? Only asking as form 40 is the sponsor form. You need to get AOS sorted as soon as because the wait time for that is around 18/20 weeks and it’s also coming up to Christmas closures etc Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!
  4. It depends on your caseworker whether you need medical changing from 173 to 143 https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/health/when-to-have-health-examinations scroll to bottom of that page
  5. LindaH27

    143 Contributory Parent Visa

    Thanks Marisa Im aware of that, it’s just the way the original poster phrased it viz The department are currently processing applications lodged about five years ago
  6. LindaH27

    143 Contributory Parent Visa

    For 143? Last update said immi were processing 29 June 2015 which is 3.5 years ago.
  7. LindaH27

    143 visa payment times help

    Migration agents already have lists of people who wish to apply. It’s possible that some anticipated details have already been asked for and supplied. At least that is what i would do if I were an agent ! Sorry if what I wrote came out wrong and caused a misconception.
  8. LindaH27

    143 visa payment times help

    Also you cannot work on this temporary visa so would need to support yourselves for 5 years. The cost of the visa would be $10000 per adult.
  9. LindaH27

    143 visa payment times help

    Yes possibly but be aware you will have to pay for private health insurance every year for all the family which could be expensive. There will be around 15000 places per year available and already lots of people have their applications with agents ready to go as soon as the visa application is opened. The sponsor in Australia has to be approved first and will have to have a certain household income - As yet this amount hasn’t been announced Wait times for 143 for new applicants are likely to be around 6 years - there are already approx 50,000 in the queue and the government is decreasing the amount of parent visas they are granting. They are allowing a ceiling of 7175 grants per year and in the last two years have only granted just over 6000 - and Scott Morrison has said he intends to further reduce immigration in the next budget. Sorry to be pessimistic but it’s best to have an understanding of time limits etc.
  10. Hi if you are still waiting for 143 beyond the 2 years after 173 granted I think you go on a bridging visa. Does this mean you would lose Medicare entitlement and have to take out private health insurance?
  11. So it seems that contributory 143 visa applications now outnumber those of non contributory 103 applicants for the first time! That’s a lot of potential money for the government!! Given that 143 is allegedly a faster process 103 applicants will face a much longer wait time, and 143 is now stretching to 5 years or more Im expecting more cuts in immigration numbers to come in the Budget too! It also seems to imply that from 1 April 2018 to end June 18 (3 months ) there was again a substantial increase in 143 applicants By way I liked the explanation that they were all at various stages of assessment when most are still stuck in the queue not having been looked at.
  12. @dunken They are only processing applications dating up 29 June 2015 at present.
  13. Sorry I don’t think so. You would have to withdraw 173 application and start again with 143 with new processing date.
  14. https://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/punjabi/en/article/2018/11/29/migrants-disappointed-broken-promise-parent-visa?cx_navSource=related-side-cx
  15. I found this, so with 804 granted you can stay in Australia indefinitely work and study in Australia enrol in Australia's public healthcare scheme, Medicare sponsor your relatives to come to Australia apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible Submitting an application for this visa does not make you eligible to enrol in Medicare. You are not eligible to enrol in Medicare while we process your application unless your country has a reciprocal healthcare agreement with Australia. ( so looks like answer is only medicare cover that would be covered under reciprocal agreement with UK I also believe you have to be over 65.5 years old and this will go up over over the years to same age as Australia aged pension. ) Also for the 600 it now appears mandatory that the 12 in 18 month condition will apply. See this It is a condition of this visa that you don't stay in Australia for a total of more than 12 months in an 18-month period. If you currently hold a Visitor visa, a Working Holiday visa, a Work and Holiday visa or a bridging visa, and grant of this visa would mean you stay in Australia for more than 12 consecutive months, you will need to show there are exceptional circumstances.