It is a very difficult decision when your home country is in your soul. I just love the British countryside, birdsong, history and it would be so much to leave behind but is seeing family just maybe once a year enough, especially as we age and travelling may become more difficult. As my son says, it would be ridiculous to pay the cost of the CPV if we're not definite about using it, but if we're still uncertain at the time it's eventually granted I feel it wouldn't be wise to abandon the opportunity. If we did then find we definitely needed to be in Australia for some reason it would be awful to have to start the lengthy process all over again. I expect as it takes so long for visa granting now, when the time eventually arrives there'll be no more indecision and we'll be going but I don't enjoy the turmoil in my mind at present.