Guest guest36187

2 hours ago, Mrs Depp said:

Not entirely certain but looking back through my emails sent to me from my mum, their MA submitted the docs on 12/04/15, delivery confirmed 16/04/15 and acknowledged on the 22/04/15.

That would mean that your case was picked up way before others who applied earlier.  That's why I wondered about the actual application date.  

• Like 1

Well they are really teasing us now and playing with our emotions.  Last week the update showed 11 Mar 15 just one day ahead of us being processed.  Just one day's movement we thought and then we would be in the frame.  Well we have had one day's movement, but the wrong way.  Update now shows processing applications received on 10 May 15. Grrrrrrr!!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, rahulshankar said:

G'day all, 

Seeking some advice that i'm hoping someone on here could provide or has had a similar situation with. 

We do not have a migration agent, but may be changing where we live in the coming months. Seeing how slow this AOS process is, we are concerned that we won't be living in our current domicile by the time the AOS letters are posted to us. 

What form would we use to update the department of this? This is not updating the department about the main applicant's address, but updating them about the authorised representative address. 

Would there be something similar that has to occur for Centrelink? Is there a particular form we would need to fill out? I know i can update addresses on mygov, but given how slow (inefficient and incompetent) the AOS staff have been with us thus far, i want to make sure that our updated address has been entered correctly. 

Thanks. 

EDIT: Just received the call from Centrelink approx. 1 hour ago. Phone interview completed and approved. Letter for AOS to Commonwealth Bank on the way. 

Also FYI, the lady on the phone said that once approved an electronic approval letter gets sent to the Department of Immigration every Monday. This is followed by a system generated letter to your mailing address as well. 

Progress  for us, that's the last thing we have been waiting for..hopefully not much longer in the queue for us as we are 18/03/2015 lodgement date. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Pertenhall said:

Well they are really teasing us now and playing with our emotions.  Last week the update showed 11 Mar 15 just one day ahead of us being processed.  Just one day's movement we thought and then we would be in the frame.  Well we have had one day's movement, but the wrong way.  Update now shows processing applications received on 10 May 15. Grrrrrrr!!

Is it really the 10th May?! or March? 

Noticed on the landing card it asks the question are you staying in Oz for next 12mths?

THOSE OF YOU ON A 12mth600    -   did you tick NO ?  as technically you have to leave before the 12mths date exp? 

Also, looking forward to the day when I have to tick “permanently moving to Oz” lol 

feeling excited for those nearly there ? although suspect it will go quiet soon for 2 week Xmas close down.

• Like 3

On 14 December 2017 at 11:01, KamC said:

Hi guys, 

New to this forum but hoping to ask some information for my parents-in-law CPV.

My partner and I lodged CPV143 for them back in July 2015, father-in-law as main applicant and mother-in-law as secondary applicant.

Good news are the progress of CPV visa progress is getting closer to them. Unfornately my father-in-law is recently diagnosed with terminal illness that unlikely he will progress with the CPV visa after 2.5-year of waiting.

I just want to ask if anyone else has experience of withdrawing the main applicant from the CPV and making the secondary applicant to be the "new" main applicant. 

I have called the immigration hotline that it should not be an issue as long as we fill a form to withdraw "main applicant only" from the CPV, the remaining applicant will be processed normally. 

However, just want to ask if any other ppl have similar expertise of this. Any information would be appreciated.

Regards,

Kam

So sorry to hear your news hope everything works out for your family 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kathss56 said:

Noticed on the landing card it asks the question are you staying in Oz for next 12mths?

THOSE OF YOU ON A 12mth600    -   did you tick NO ?  as technically you have to leave before the 12mths date exp? 

Also, looking forward to the day when I have to tick “permanently moving to Oz” lol 

feeling excited for those nearly there ? although suspect it will go quiet soon for 2 week Xmas close down.

We ticked No but hope eventually to be able to tick the “Permanently moving to Oz box” 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Catlady2014 said:

My Seniors Discount Card (with Gocard on the reverse) arrived in the post this morning!  I already have my Woolworths card, and a Coles/Flybuys card is on its way to me also. Woohoo.  

Imagine getting excited about discount cards.  :D xD

16 minutes ago, nyorksgrannie said:

We ticked No but hope eventually to be able to tick the “Permanently moving to Oz box” 

On 15/12/2017 at 08:10, Mrs Depp said:

Hi,

Just thought my AOS update might help some on here who are in a similar position. My parents were asked by Immi  (via their MA) to get their medicals and police checks done and for me to start my AOS application. This was approved yesterday and took just under 9wks from start to finish. My parents acknowledgement date is 22/04/15. They do not yet have a case officer.

Good luck, hopefully things will move quickly for us all! ?

This is very good news to hear of progress like this, and thank you for sharing it with the forum.

I don't wish to detract anything from your parents good fortune, but it would be good to try and understand why their application has progressed so far in advance of most others.

If they were asked to submit documents nine weeks ago (early October), at that time immi were only stating “We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 29 January 2015”

I wonder why your parents would have been contacted so early? (Sorry for being such a stickybeak) but is there anything unusual or complicated about their application? And do they have a MA with an office in the UK?

This is a very exciting time for your family and I hope it isn’t too long until the visas are granted. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

This is very good news to hear of progress like this, and thank you for sharing it with the forum.

I don't wish to detract anything from your parents good fortune, but it would be good to try and understand why their application has progressed so far in advance of most others.

If they were asked to submit documents nine weeks ago (early October), at that time immi were only stating “We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 29 January 2015”

I wonder why your parents would have been contacted so early? (Sorry for being such a stickybeak) but is there anything unusual or complicated about their application? And do they have a MA with an office in the UK?

This is a very exciting time for your family and I hope it isn’t too long until the visas are granted. 

Sorry, I have no idea why the dept. requested them to do their medicals etc. There is nothing unusual or complicated about their application and their agent is UK based. 

I'm sure I've read similar posts on here where people have been asked to get these docs together without having a case officer allocated. Apologied if this is not the case and would agree it would be strange if they were to be the only ones.

I remember when we obtained our visa (6 yrs ago) the case officers were in teams. I don't know if this is the case here as it's a totally different dept. and visa category. And this is just a suggestion but maybe some teams/case officers work quicker or slightly different to others. 

Anyway, they do not have a case officer yet so I'd be very surprised if their visa is granted without one and we fully expect to hear around the assessing dates that coincide with their acknowledged date. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Mrs Depp said:

Sorry, I have no idea why the dept. requested them to do their medicals etc. There is nothing unusual or complicated about their application and their agent is UK based. 

I'm sure I've read similar posts on here where people have been asked to get these docs together without having a case officer allocated. Apologied if this is not the case and would agree it would be strange if they were to be the only ones.

I remember when we obtained our visa (6 yrs ago) the case officers were in teams. I don't know if this is the case here as it's a totally different dept. and visa category. And this is just a suggestion but maybe some teams/case officers work quicker or slightly different to others. 

Anyway, they do not have a case officer yet so I'd be very surprised if their visa is granted without one and we fully expect to hear around the assessing dates that coincide with their acknowledged date. ?

Thanks for the extra info. I just think it's great to hear good news stories for a change. Good luck and please keep posting updates.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

Thanks for the extra info. I just think it's great to hear good news stories for a change. Good luck and please keep posting updates.

No worries and yes, I agree that it is good news. Although the visa still isn't guaranteed. But, hopefully things will move swiftly after the xmas break especially for those still waiting to hear.  It really is the most frustrating part of it. ?

• Like 4

On 16/12/2017 at 13:50, Mrs Depp said:

No worries and yes, I agree that it is good news. Although the visa still isn't guaranteed. But, hopefully things will move swiftly after the xmas break especially for those still waiting to hear.  It really is the most frustrating part of it. ?

Hi All 

I agree with the PVC having different teams. When we received our request for medicals etc. at the bottom of the e-mail it did state that the e-mail came from PVC Team1.

Anyone else with perhaps any other team number?

Our lodgement date was 25 Feb 2015 and received our request for medicals on 22 November 2017.

I have to mention that a whole lot of people who applied a couple of months after us, received their requests long before we did. There was a big difference though. They were 'invited to start preparing' whilst our letter clearly stated "Request for documents" and gave us 28 days within which to submit. 

Perhaps there is a new process allowing folks more time to get all their documents ready and a few of us perhaps are too close to being processed to be afforded that luxury and have to run off to the panel clinics etc. 

I hope that we could get clarity about this theory somehow because I have to admit, I honestly thought they must have forgotten about us or we did something wrong when so many people with application dates later than us got their requests and I did feel very jealous and neglected. 

Hope this somehow helps a bit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, elnak said:

Hi All 

I agree with the PVC having different teams. When we received our request for medicals etc. at the bottom of the e-mail it did state that the e-mail came from PVC Team1.

Our lodgement date was 25 Feb 2015 and received our request for medicals on 22 November 2017.

I have to mention that a whole lot of people who applied a couple of months after us, received their requests long before we did. There was a big difference though. They were 'invited to start preparing' whilst our letter clearly stated "Request for documents" and gave us 28 days within which to submit. 

Perhaps there is a new process allowing folks more time to get all their documents ready and a few of us perhaps are too close to being processed to be afforded that luxury and have to run off to the panel clinics etc. 

I hope that we could get clarity about this theory somehow because I have to admit, I honestly thought they must have forgotten about us or we did something wrong when so many people with application dates later than us got their requests and I did feel very jealous and neglected. 

3 hours ago, elnak said:

Hi All 

I echo! 

When my MA sent email d subject was "Preparation to commence docs" also she narrated that it's upto me and mah family to proceed now for docs (Form 80, medicals, Pcc, AoS) or else when Co would be allocated (most probably in April) there is no time bound of 28 days 

@elnak

• Like 2

5 hours ago, elnak said:

Hi All 

Have you had contact from your case officer yet? 

• Like 1

On 16 December 2017 at 01:04, rahulshankar said:

EDIT: Just received the call from Centrelink approx. 1 hour ago. Phone interview completed and approved. Letter for AOS to Commonwealth Bank on the way. 

Also FYI, the lady on the phone said that once approved an electronic approval letter gets sent to the Department of Immigration every Monday. This is followed by a system generated letter to your mailing address as well. 

Progress  for us, that's the last thing we have been waiting for..hopefully not much longer in the queue for us as we are 18/03/2015 lodgement date. 

Nice one, good luck mate.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

"Visa application processing times - Last updated: 16 November 2017 (for month ending 31 October 2017)

143 Contributory Parent (Migrant) 37 Months - 38 Months"

For what it's worth, I think these are the same as last month's update.

Deep gloom SusieRoo... lets all forget about it and enjoy Christmas..... ( that's not gonna happen eh! )

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Question for those that have paid or are paying for their 2nd VAC (we are no where close to this stage): 

What are acceptable payment methods: Credit card and bank draft? 

With the bank draft must it be from Commonwealth bank? Or can an international bank draft suffice that is in AUD? Does immi provide such information when they ask for this payment? 

Thanks, 

• Like 1