Guest guest36187

On 23 December 2017 at 08:53, Pertenhall said:

We're going to do the police checks onine tonight and have booked our medicals in the UK when we get back.  Still finding it difficult to believe that things are actually moving at last.

Just received our Australian and UK police checks back , medicals submitted , so just waiting for AOS to contact our sponsor somehow this waiting room doesn't seem so bad ? Good luck with all yours and have a great holiday next year we should all be out here for Xmas ?

• Like 4

On 24/12/2017 at 18:13, Kathss56 said:

If you can type directly into form then I would say yes 

We had them typed and saved from two years ago. That was my concern. I had a look at the latest version online and there is no difference from when we saved them. It says version 2014-2017.  Our daughter has printed versions ready to send. We have signed them and they just have to be dated before sending off. My passport will have changed so that will need altered too. It sure is a pain that form. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ian Ireland said:

We had them typed and saved from two years ago. That was my concern. I had a look at the latest version online and there is no difference from when we saved them. It says version 2014-2017.  Our daughter has printed versions ready to send. We have signed them and they just have to be dated before sending off. My passport will have changed so that will need altered too. It sure is a pain that form. 

Well,I’m sure the printed versions can be scanned and emailed. I’m leaving it a few more months then will tackle it!?

• Like 2

Hi Guys and Gals

Thought I would post my time line dates for future and present room mates interested. Also, just a reminder to check up on things as you go along. Never "assume"  anything. Always check.

This is my process so far :

Elna57 Lodged:                                                                                                                                                                                        25 Feb 2015

Medicals etc request received :                                                                                                                                              22 Nov 2017

All documents submitted including application for AOS:                                                                                                  24 Nov 2017

NB!! Noticed that nothing showed up on Emedical on DIBP site, did enquiries and discovered that Medicals were never uploaded a week later. :nah: 

Medicals uploaded on :                                                                                                                                                          30 Nov 2017

Edited by elnak
Spacing
  • Like 2

Hi Guys and Gals

I need some advice for a friend please.

Do any of you hold or know how one applies for the 12 month visitor visa? 

Visitor visa (subclass 600)

Features

This visa lets you visit Australia:

to visit or for business visitor purposes

for up to three, six or 12 months.

45 minutes ago, Rosiejaq said:

Hi, I thought this visa was if you came from a country which isn't eligible for an ETA?  Maybe I'm wrong. I think it costs money whereas an ETA is free.

We are from South Africa, so not eligible for an ETA. But I sat next to a lady from South Africa in June and she told me that she had to return to  South Africa because her 12 months were over. I should have asked her, but because we are waiting on our 143 visa I did not think of asking her. It is not the first time that I have heard about a 12 month visitor visa.

Thanks @Rosiejaq

• Like 1

2 hours ago, elnak said:

We are from South Africa, so not eligible for an ETA. But I sat next to a lady from South Africa in June and she told me that she had to return to  South Africa because her 12 months were over. I should have asked her, but because we are waiting on our 143 visa I did not think of asking her. It is not the first time that I have heard about a 12 month visitor visa.

Thanks @Rosiejaq

It’s online -the 600  family tourist visa -costs a few dollars. Just go onto immi it will tell you all about it.

• Thanks 1

Hi 143 Applicants,

Happy Christmas to all and hope 2018 will see many of us as residents of Australia. Scary yet exciting.

Had a hitch with our medicals but after some tests we are back on track. House sale as yet going through ok and now the trauma of deciding what to take and what to leave behind, but its nice trauma I suppose. Our Daughter had her Centrelink interview early November, are they still averaging 3 months to process the forms etc?. Hoping everything clicks together and maybe start our next chapter in March or April.

Hope its a happy New Year for everyone. Good Luck ! :cool:

• Like 10

11 hours ago, gafuk said:

Hi 143 Applicants,

Happy Christmas to all and hope 2018 will see many of us as residents of Australia. Scary yet exciting.

Had a hitch with our medicals but after some tests we are back on track. House sale as yet going through ok and now the trauma of deciding what to take and what to leave behind, but its nice trauma I suppose. Our Daughter had her Centrelink interview early November, are they still averaging 3 months to process the forms etc?. Hoping everything clicks together and maybe start our next chapter in March or April.

Hope its a happy New Year for everyone. Good Luck ! :cool:

Hope all goes smoothly from now on. Good to hear about folks who are moving on in the process - including hitches! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 23/12/2017 at 21:13, Fisher1 said:

I'd like to add my Christmas wishes to that, together with the hope that all those still waiting patiently for their visas will get them before too long.

We were granted out visa in Spring 2016 but for family reasons we were not able to move until August this year. The ups and downs of organising the removals, the insurance, the sale of property seemed endless, and the removal bit is still ongoing.

At various times I've felt homesick, stressed, worried about money, elated and sad. It's been a year to remember and I'm not sure I would want to repeat it. But it's been worth it for us to be here when our granddaughter was born ( a week after we arrived) and to get to know our two year old grandson. Most of all, to know we can meet up with our family whenever we like.

I used to feel so envious of people on here saying they were all ready to go, or had just arrived in Oz ... I still can't really believe not just here on a long visit. So wherever you are in the queue, hang in there!     And wherever you are in the world

HAPPY CHRISTMAS :D and good luck with it all!

Can I ask please how long after the visa is granted before you have to leave the UK? We want to apply but may need to stay here in the UK until October 2022 due to my partners pension. 

Congratulations too on the birth of your granddaughter, my first grandchild in Perth is due in April 2018.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Debbie Hill said:

Can I ask please how long after the visa is granted before you have to leave the UK? We want to apply but may need to stay here in the UK until October 2022 due to my partners pension. 

Congratulations too on the birth of your granddaughter, my first grandchild in Perth is due in April 2018.

Hi Debbie

unless it has changed since our visa was granted in 2016, you have five years from the date of issue to make the big move. We were conscious of the date as well because when we applied we were still looking after my mum.  You do, however, have to validate it within twelve months of issue, no exceptions, no extensions, so you might want to factor a trip in to Australia immediately after the visa is issued. We were already here on a visit so we went to New Zealand for a week (you can't be onshore when they issue an offshore visa) and validated it on our return.

Hope all goes well with the new baby - exciting isn't it?

• Like 1

On 29/12/2017 at 10:49, Debbie Hill said:

I would apply now. It is taking 37-39mths so they advertise .

Also they are threatening to increase the cost of the 143 visa significantly! 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Brett31 said:

What all tests are there in the health check?

From memory:
Height, weight, blood pressure, urine, pulse, blood test for HIV, chest x-ray, vision test, discussion of any conditions and current medications revealed by answers to prior questions, examine for skin cancers and signs of drug misuse; touch toes, squat, memory test. 
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Brett31 said:

What all tests are there in the health check?

Hi, it was a straight forward medical examination then an x-ray. I would say try not to worry as I am over weight , eye sight is not the best these days , varicose veins , a fairly minor heart condition and you can  throw in  ugly for good measure. I apparently passed ! ( won't be hitting the beach in Speedos you be relieved to hear) my wife had a perfect bmi , no veins or heart condition and good eyesight ( she only sees the good in me thankfully) but  had a problem with her x-ray . Think it's all sorted now. The health centre we attended were super friendly , helpful and efficient. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 29/12/2017 at 21:49, Debbie Hill said:

Hi Debbie.

You must validate your visa - ie enter Australia for the first time following visa grant - usually within 12 months of the earlier of the date you attended the medical examination and the date of your police clearance certificates.

A permanent residency visa ha a travel facility - ie the ability to enter Australia - for 5 years following visa grant.    If you want to depart Australia and return after these 5 years you will need a Resident Return visa (subclass 155 or 157), or secure Australian citizenship and an Australian passport.

It is best to be familiar with the Resident Return visa requirements if you are going to be deferring your arrival in Australia until 3+ years following the granting of the permanent residency visa.

Best regards.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, gafuk said:

Hi, it was a straight forward medical examination then an x-ray. I would say try not to worry as I am over weight , eye sight is not the best these days , varicose veins , a fairly minor heart condition and you can  throw in  ugly for good measure. I apparently passed ! ( won't be hitting the beach in Speedos you be relieved to hear) my wife had a perfect bmi , no veins or heart condition and good eyesight ( she only sees the good in me thankfully) but  had a problem with her x-ray . Think it's all sorted now. The health centre we attended were super friendly , helpful and efficient. 

Thanks Garfuk....Good to get this sort of feed back..... doubt if many of us are in A1 condition... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Happy New Year  to all the Poms in Oz forum members!  Hope that this year will be full of good news for all of us in the waiting room and full of happy times in Oz for those who have already made the move.  Hoping  particularly that the 2015 applicants (including me!) will be granted our parent visas this year. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 31 December 2017 at 19:09, Ray and Geri said:

Thanks Garfuk....Good to get this sort of feed back..... doubt if many of us are in A1 condition... 

On 31 December 2017 at 19:09, Ray and Geri said:

Youre right there, I think most of us have a little list! I can only add to what Garfuk said - we found the centre super helpful and friendly in Manchester and we got through despite having the following conditions between us : varicose veins, a thing with polyps that you don't even want to think about, gastric reflux, high blood pressure, a little query about kidneys a while ago and a dose of Hodgekins disease in 1981. When my OH presented the summary of chemo given to him my the local hospital when he was discharged in 1981 the doc in Manchester told him it was probably the only record still in existence and it was therefore a historical document!   They asked for a bit more information about the unmentionable polyps, which we faxed to them ... And we were through. We applied way before we were able to leave the country because we were so concerned about possibly failing the medical ... Yet here we are.    Hope it all goes well for you too. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Happy New Year everyone.  We have just got home from a lovely 4 weeks in Australia.  Can't wait for everything to be finalised and approved and hopefully for us to be out there permanently in the not too distant future.  Fingers crossed that everything goes well for everyone in the waiting room.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Pertenhall said:

Happy New Year everyone.  We have just got home from a lovely 4 weeks in Australia.  Can't wait for everything to be finalised and approved and hopefully for us to be out there permanently in the not too distant future.  Fingers crossed that everything goes well for everyone in the waiting room.

I know you've been asked for further docs, though your signature dates don't mention it - but did they ask for Police clearance and medicals as well? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Catlady2014 said:

I know you've been asked for further docs, though your signature dates don't mention it - but did they ask for Police clearance and medicals as well? 

Yes - Medicals which are booked for 10 Jan, Police checks which we did on line on 22 Dec and AOS which my daughter is hopefully doing at the moment, although Centrelink was jam packed yesterday when she tried, so she was going again today to see if she could get it done.  Form 80 is ready for final check and then that will be ready to go too. Hopefully we will get everything done in time, although 28 calendar days is short enough without having public holidays within the timeframe.  Still we will get there.  It is so long since I had to amend the signature dates that I couldn't remember how to do it - have figured it out now!

Edited by Pertenhall
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pertenhall said:

Yes - Medicals which are booked for 10 Jan, Police checks which we did on line on 22 Dec and AOS which my daughter is hopefully doing at the moment, although Centrelink was jam packed yesterday when she tried, so she was going again today to see if she could get it done.  Form 80 is ready for final check and then that will be ready to go too. Hopefully we will get everything done in time, although 28 calendar days is short enough without having public holidays within the timeframe.  Still we will get there.  It is so long since I had to amend the signature dates that I couldn't remember how to do it - have figured it out now!

Fantastic to see this progress!  So pleased for you.  

• Like 5