Guest guest36187

37 minutes ago, KamC said:

Hi guys, 

New to this forum but hoping to ask some information for my parents-in-law CPV.

My partner and I lodged CPV143 for them back in July 2015, father-in-law as main applicant and mother-in-law as secondary applicant.

Good news are the progress of CPV visa progress is getting closer to them. Unfornately my father-in-law is recently diagnosed with terminal illness that unlikely he will progress with the CPV visa after 2.5-year of waiting.

I just want to ask if anyone else has experience of withdrawing the main applicant from the CPV and making the secondary applicant to be the "new" main applicant. 

I have called the immigration hotline that it should not be an issue as long as we fill a form to withdraw "main applicant only" from the CPV, the remaining applicant will be processed normally. 

However, just want to ask if any other ppl have similar expertise of this. Any information would be appreciated.

Regards,

Kam

Really sorry to hear this.  I have no knowledge of withdrawal of the main applicant but I do know somebody who withdrew the secondary applicant without a problem.  They filled in a form, the second applicant had to sign consent to withdraw, the process continued and the visa was granted to the main applicant.  I can't see why it should be any different for your parents in law,especially as Immigration have told you this, but I'm not an expert and for peace of mind maybe you should consult a registered migration agent.  You, your partner, and your parents in law are going to have a lot to contend with in this very sad situation, and some reassurance from an expert might take one worry off your shoulders.  All the best to you. 

Edited by Catlady2014
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Catlady2014 said:

Really sorry to hear this.  I have no knowledge of withdrawal of the main applicant but I do know somebody who withdrew the secondary applicant without a problem.  They filled in a form, the second applicant had to sign consent to withdraw, the process continued and the visa was granted to the main applicant.  I can't see why it should be any different for your parents in law,especially as Immigration have told you this, but I'm not an expert and for peace of mind maybe you should consult a registered migration agent.  You, your partner, and your parents in law are going to have a lot to contend with in this very sad situation, and some reassurance from an expert might take one worry off your shoulders.  All the best to you. 

Thank for the info.

I did send an email to the parent visa processing center after the post and got a reply within half an hour.

"If the main applicants withdraw from the application then the secondary applicant will become the main applicant and remain on the visa application."

I guess we will continue the withdrawal for my father-in-law. 

I will probably update later regarding our application.

cheers

Kam

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ScottieGirl said:

Which bank is it?  I use RBS and they have a card reader that issues a code that you have to use with your debit or credit card to set up new payees.   My Aus bank sends codes via SMS to my  mobile. You shoukd be able to register for on line banking then set up your security system but if it requires a physical device you will have to wait for them to post it. You can forget about overseas phone calls ain't  gonna happen.

Maddening because when we were still in the UK we used to alter things on our Westpac account and get a text with a verification number to type into the screen ... simples. Its Lloyds and we've been online for years but this stumbling block with the new payee seems insurmountable. Maddening.

10 hours ago, Catlady2014 said:

I had something similar when my bank blocked access to my account for 72 hours because they saw my transfer attempt as "suspicious" activity - no phone call to me, nothing, just a complete block on my account - despite having my Aus phone number and being aware that I was here, and it wasn't even a new payee, just a transfer.  After numerous phone calls from me to them and going through dozens of security hoops, they finally unblocked it.  I found out later that their only attempt to verify the activity consisted of a letter sent to my UK address!  I don't know how anyone can prevent something like this happening to them, because I took all the proper precautions before leaving the UK, and I'm sure you would have done so too, Fisher1.

Yes, I did. It's really annoying. I can't face trying to get sense out of them tonight, its too hot! I'm going to try again tomorrow - if anything of any use to anyone else transpires I'll post details here. Don't hold your breath anyone.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, KamC said:

Hi guys, 

My partner and I lodged CPV143 for them back in July 2015, father-in-law as main applicant and mother-in-law as secondary applicant.

Good news are the progress of CPV visa progress is getting closer to them. Unfornately my father-in-law is recently diagnosed with terminal illness that unlikely he will progress with the CPV visa after 2.5-year of waiting.

I just want to ask if anyone else has experience of withdrawing the main applicant from the CPV and making the secondary applicant to be the "new" main applicant. 

I have called the immigration hotline that it should not be an issue as long as we fill a form to withdraw "main applicant only" from the CPV, the remaining applicant will be processed normally. 

However, just want to ask if any other ppl have similar expertise of this. Any information would be appreciated.

Regards,

Kam

Sorry to hear this, you must all be so upset. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, KamC said:

Hi guys, 

Regards,

Kam

So very sorry to hear of your upsetting situation.  Every good wish for the future.

On 12/12/2017 at 16:09, elnak said:

@toOZ2012

Apparently 6 to 8 weeks before contact from Centrelink. Good luck all Roomies. Hoping for Christmas Pressies for some Roomies at least.

We have been waiting for 9 weeks now for the so called 'interview call'. 

We have physically spoken to Centrelink 3 times, the last time was last week.  Rang them 3 times as well. 

FYI, it may pay for some to actually go to Centrelink physically. 2 weeks after we initially submitted our AOS application we visited centrelink to see where we were upto, and were told that whoever was putting in the information on the system made a stuff up which required us to go back to a Centrelink office to get our documents re-validated and the information re-entered. Had we not initiated this contact who knows how long it may have taken beyond this current timeframe...

Very slow process. We don't expect to hear anything till the new year now.

Edited by rahulshankar
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, rahulshankar said:

We have been waiting for 9 weeks now for the so called 'interview call'. 

We have physically spoken to Centrelink 3 times, the last time was last week.  Rang them 3 times as well. 

FYI, it may pay for some to actually go to Centrelink physically. 2 weeks after we initially submitted our AOS application we visited centrelink to see where we were upto, and were told that whoever was putting in the information on the system made a stuff up which required us to go back to a Centrelink office to get our documents re-validated and the information re-entered. Had we not initiated this contact who knows how long it may have taken beyond this current timeframe...

Very slow process. We don't expect to hear anything till the new year now.

Similar things  happened to other  forum members a year or so ago.  On one occasion, the AoS form had not been witnessed properly at Centrelink and on another occasion Centrelink staff had not uploaded the information to the system.  So, yes, you need to check, check, and check again.  But it's still generally a very very slow process.  

On 14/12/2017 at 09:01, KamC said:

Hi guys, 

Regards,

Kam

Sounds like it is straight forward to withdraw then. So sorry to hear the reason why. Hope you will pop back on here if anyone can support or help your family in your local area when the time comes to move over. Many parents have a get together when in Oz.

• Like 2

Hi,

Just thought my AOS update might help some on here who are in a similar position. My parents were asked by Immi  (via their MA) to get their medicals and police checks done and for me to start my AOS application. This was approved yesterday and took just under 9wks from start to finish. My parents acknowledgement date is 22/04/15. They do not yet have a case officer.

Good luck, hopefully things will move quickly for us all! ?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mrs Depp said:

Hi,

Just thought my AOS update might help some on here who are in a similar position. My parents were asked by Immi  (via their MA) to get their medicals and police checks done and for me to start my AOS application. This was approved yesterday and took just under 9wks from start to finish. My parents acknowledgement date is 22/04/15. They do not yet have a case officer.

Good luck, hopefully things will move quickly for us all! ?

How can this be when Immi are only now processing applications up to 11 March 2015.... Is this because they used a MA? I was told it made no difference.. applications were processed by date received . Anyone any ideas.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ray and Geri said:

How can this be when Immi are only now processing applications up to 11 March 2015.... Is this because they used a MA? I was told it made no difference.. applications were processed by date received . Anyone any ideas.

I don't think the application is being processed as they don't have a case officer. I would say it's only in preparation for when they do get allocated one. Their visa hasn't been approved yet, it was my AOS application that was approved yesterday. 

Edited by Mrs Depp
More clarification
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Mrs Depp said:

I don't think the application is being processed as they don't have a case officer. I would say it's only in preparation for when they do get allocated one. Their visa hasn't been approved yet, it was my AOS application that was approved yesterday. 

Still very early, if the AOS was approved yesterday after a 9 week wait... good luck to you though, just a bit of a downer after applying with the idea it would take up to 2 years and now in our ( and lots of other applicants ) 32nd month in the "waiting "room and not a word.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Ray and Geri said:

Still very early, if the AOS was approved yesterday after a 9 week wait... good luck to you though, just a bit of a downer after applying with the idea it would take up to 2 years and now in our ( and lots of other applicants ) 32nd month in the "waiting "room and not a word.

I know it's very frustrating and I don't know why it's not consistent. Just thought by adding our update it would help others who have been asked to proceed with the AOS application.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ray and Geri said:

I wonder what the APPLICATION DATE on this one is?  The ACKNOWLEDGEMENT date is stated to be 22nd April 2015, so the application date could have been much earlier, e.g. Jan/Feb? @Mrs Depp - can you give the timeline please? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ian Ireland said:

Just to cheer everyone up, have you noticed that Sterling has had a hammering against AUD this week. Today is especially bad. We are now below 1.74. So much for the Brexit good news. My contact who used to work in the city says AUD is on the up again. Party is over for now. 

What about a punt on bitcoins? Pounds to Bitcoin now, then change to Au$ next year. Any thoughts?

6 hours ago, Catlady2014 said:

I wonder what the APPLICATION DATE on this one is?  The ACKNOWLEDGEMENT date is stated to be 22nd April 2015, so the application date could have been much earlier, e.g. Jan/Feb? @Mrs Depp - can you give the timeline please? 

Not entirely certain but looking back through my emails sent to me from my mum, their MA submitted the docs on 12/04/15, delivery confirmed 16/04/15 and acknowledged on the 22/04/15.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

G'day all, 

Seeking some advice that i'm hoping someone on here could provide or has had a similar situation with. 

We do not have a migration agent, but may be changing where we live in the coming months. Seeing how slow this AOS process is, we are concerned that we won't be living in our current domicile by the time the AOS letters are posted to us. 

What form would we use to update the department of this? This is not updating the department about the main applicant's address, but updating them about the authorised representative address. 

Would there be something similar that has to occur for Centrelink? Is there a particular form we would need to fill out? I know i can update addresses on mygov, but given how slow (inefficient and incompetent) the AOS staff have been with us thus far, i want to make sure that our updated address has been entered correctly. 

Thanks.