Guest guest36187

21 minutes ago, rahulshankar said:

Question for those that have paid or are paying for their 2nd VAC (we are no where close to this stage): 

What are acceptable payment methods: Credit card and bank draft? 

With the bank draft must it be from Commonwealth bank? Or can an international bank draft suffice that is in AUD? Does immi provide such information when they ask for this payment? 

Thanks, 

The following wording is copied from the email asking me to make the payment.  (My daughter got a bank cheque from her own bank in Australia.  If you get an international bank cheque, they say it takes 28 days to clear! ) I have no idea what a BCC file or an OSF file is but I did not receive a tax invoice, so the options were just bank cheque or credit card.  A bank cheque appears to mean the same as a banker's draft. Personal cheques are not accepted. 

PAYMENT OPTIONS - If your file is a BCC file you will receive a Tax Invoice.  If your file is an OSF file you will not receive a Tax Invoice.

TAX Invoice

If a tax invoice is attached the payment options are listed in the invoice. Payment may also be made directly to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection by credit card or bank cheque.

If we have not provide you with a TAX Invoice  

Payment must be made directly to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection by bank cheque or credit card:

Payment by Credit Card

If paying by credit card to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection, send the completed credit card form to the Parent Visa Centre.  Please contact your bank to arrange the release of the amount of the 2nd visa application charge and credit card surcharge, otherwise the payment may be declined. 

For details regarding surcharge fees please go to: https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Fees

Payment by Bank Cheque

Bank cheques should be made payable to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection and sent by registered post to the following address:

Parent Visa Centre

Contributory Parent Section

Locked Bag 7

NORTHBRIDGE WA 6865

AUSTRALIA

Please note that we do not accept personal cheques.

IMPORTANT 

·         The file reference number must be included with the payment

·         Payment by international bank cheque will delay the visa grant for a period of 28 days afterpayment has been receipted to allow the cheque to clear. 

Edited by Catlady2014
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Ray and Geri said:

Nice one, good luck mate.

It is good news for you rahulshankar but it is very frustrating for us as we lodged  a week before you and we haven't had a word yet.  It does seem to be a very weird way IMMI are working at the moment.  We'll definitely not be hearing before Christmas I suspect - even doubt if we will hear anything this year!  Still nothing we can do about it so we'll just enjoy Christmas with the family and hope it isn't too far into January that we hear something..

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Pertenhall said:

It is good news for you rahulshankar but it is very frustrating for us as we lodged  a week before you and we haven't had a word yet.  It does seem to be a very weird way IMMI are working at the moment.  We'll definitely not be hearing before Christmas I suspect - even doubt if we will hear anything this year!  Still nothing we can do about it so we'll just enjoy Christmas with the family and hope it isn't too far into January that we hear something..

Hey mate, i wouldn't despair too much. We received a call on Saturday morning and the Centrelink lady told us they are working overtime to play catch up. 

Reckon you won't be too far down the track. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Catlady2014 said:

The following wording is copied from the email asking me to make the payment.  (My daughter got a bank cheque from her own bank in Australia.  If you get an international bank cheque, they say it takes 28 days to clear! ) I have no idea what a BCC file or an OSF file is but I did not receive a tax invoice, so the options were just bank cheque or credit card.  A bank cheque appears to mean the same as a banker's draft. Personal cheques are not accepted. 

PAYMENT OPTIONS - If your file is a BCC file you will receive a Tax Invoice.  If your file is an OSF file you will not receive a Tax Invoice.

TAX Invoice

If a tax invoice is attached the payment options are listed in the invoice. Payment may also be made directly to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection by credit card or bank cheque.

Payment must be made directly to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection by bank cheque or credit card:

Payment by Credit Card

If paying by credit card to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection, send the completed credit card form to the Parent Visa Centre.  Please contact your bank to arrange the release of the amount of the 2nd visa application charge and credit card surcharge, otherwise the payment may be declined. 

For details regarding surcharge fees please go to: https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Fees

Payment by Bank Cheque

Bank cheques should be made payable to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection and sent by registered post to the following address:

Parent Visa Centre

Locked Bag 7

NORTHBRIDGE WA 6865

AUSTRALIA

IMPORTANT 

·         Payment by international bank cheque will delay the visa grant for a period of 28 days afterpayment has been receipted to allow the cheque to clear. 

Thanks for that info, very helpful 

• Like 3

Hi everyone, some good news.  My daughter opened the AOS Commonwealth bank account 11 days ago and yesterday she received the confirmation letter re her ability to be the sponsor.  Scanned to our agent and by the end of the day we had been asked for the 2nd payment!!  Posted off express today and who know we could get the best Xmas present ever.  Our holiday visa had expired a week ago so we had to leave Australia but we are hoping that we will be back in January!!  It does seem to be speeding up and we have been so lucky our MA has been so supportive and helpful.  Hope to be back soon with some good news.

• Like 9

30 minutes ago, Gogirl1 said:

Hi everyone, some good news.  My daughter opened the AOS Commonwealth bank account 11 days ago and yesterday she received the confirmation letter re her ability to be the sponsor.  Scanned to our agent and by the end of the day we had been asked for the 2nd payment!!  Posted off express today and who know we could get the best Xmas present ever.  Our holiday visa had expired a week ago so we had to leave Australia but we are hoping that we will be back in January!!  It does seem to be speeding up and we have been so lucky our MA has been so supportive and helpful.  Hope to be back soon with some good news.

Thats fantastic news, have a great Christmas and even better 2018

• Like 2

8 hours ago, rahulshankar said:

Hey mate, i wouldn't despair too much. We received a call on Saturday morning and the Centrelink lady told us they are working overtime to play catch up. 

Reckon you won't be too far down the track. 

Rahulshanker.... where are you based mate, you say you got a phone call from Centrelink.... I was under the impression that they spoke to and interviewed the Sponsor, not the applicant.... are you in Oz or UK?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ray and Geri said:

Rahulshanker.... where are you based mate, you say you got a phone call from Centrelink.... I was under the impression that they spoke to and interviewed the Sponsor, not the applicant.... are you in Oz or UK?

Hi Ray and Geri, 

Based in oz, sponsoring my mother in law. 

• Like 1

TAX Invoice

Payment by Credit Card

Payment by Bank Cheque

Parent Visa Centre

Locked Bag 7

NORTHBRIDGE WA 6865

AUSTRALIA

IMPORTANT 

Just write your reference number on the back of your bank draft. Processing after that is just a matter of days after the Visa centre receives it.
  • Like 2

Hi all, fantastic news. Just been granted our PR visa!!  Alan Collett (our wonderful agent) let us know.  It’s been 2 years 11 months of being in limbo.  Highs and lows. Just hang on in there.  It’s a wonderful feeling after all this time.  Pomsinoz has been amazing and I don’t know how we would have survived without all the tips and knowledge from everyone.  I wish you all a happy Christmas and a hopeful New Year. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Gogirl1 said:

Hi all, fantastic news. Just been granted our PR visa!!  Alan Collett (our wonderful agent) let us know.  It’s been 2 years 11 months of being in limbo.  Highs and lows. Just hang on in there.  It’s a wonderful feeling after all this time.  Pomsinoz has been amazing and I don’t know how we would have survived without all the tips and knowledge from everyone.  I wish you all a happy Christmas and a hopeful New Year. 

Happy Christmas!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, MikenC said:

Good news this morning. I woke up to an email from PCV Team1 asking me to forward documents to finalise our 143 Visa application.

christmas has definitely come early for us hear

What fantastic news for you and a lovely Christmas present.  Let's hope we're not too far behind you!  Have a lovely, happy Christmas. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, MikenC said:

Good news this morning. I woke up to an email from PCV Team1 asking me to forward documents to finalise our 143 Visa application.

christmas has definitely come early for us hear

Congratulations how great for Christmas good luck with everything and have a happy Xmas ???

• Like 2