Guest guest36187

1 hour ago, Catlady2014 said:

Yes, I had exactly the same problem.  My agent then emailed me the letter in pdf format so that I could print it that way, instead of via the link.  Have you an agent? If not, maybe try a different computer/laptop. 

No, no agent - I'll try a different computer.  If no joy then I'll contact the panel physicians and explain the situation.  Thanks for reassuring me that I wasn't doing something wrong!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Catlady2014 said:

My Movecube arrived this morning.  A great service that I would recommend for anyone who is only looking to move a small amount of stuff, rather than a houseload/container.  Everything arrived, nothing missing.  

Great must be nice to see your own “stuff” ???

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Pertenhall said:

No, no agent - I'll try a different computer.  If no joy then I'll contact the panel physicians and explain the situation.  Thanks for reassuring me that I wasn't doing something wrong!

Try pressing ctrl  shift and “p” button. (All together)  or try a different browser. Eg safari. Chrome. Internet explorer 

i know at work I have to use different ones to print etc.  Mainly internet explorer 

Edited by Kathss56
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

Try pressing ctrl  shift and “p” button. (All together)  or try a different browser. Eg safari. Chrome. Internet explorer 

i know at work I have to use different ones to print etc.  Mainly internet explorer 

Thanks for that, but that didn't work either - just printed the screen shot.  No problems though - the panel physicians have printed them off for us.  Hopefully everything will go smoothly for us tomorrow!

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Catlady2014 said:

My Movecube arrived this morning.  A great service that I would recommend for anyone who is only looking to move a small amount of stuff, rather than a houseload/container.  Everything arrived, nothing missing.  

Glad everything was OK, must be nice to have your personal things. We are still waiting for the phone call from Centrelink . Setting off south this week heading to Melbourne. ?

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, HarrisL16 said:

Glad everything was OK, must be nice to have your personal things. We are still waiting for the phone call from Centrelink . Setting off south this week heading to Melbourne. ?

Hope everything goes well for you.  Was great seeing you in Brisbane.  :)

• Like 2

On the subject of form filling, is the form for letting HMRC know we are leaving a simple procedure? The form p85 is downloadable I believe. Is it straightforward dealing with the Revenue? What is required? 
People who have moved can perhaps relate their experiences. 

P85 is very straightforward. How HMRC respond though is a different matter. We left the UK on 9th Jan 2017 but I submitted The P85’s two months prior to leaving. My wife got a very speedy response but to date I have heard nothing. I have just written to them to secure acknowledgement and whether I am entitled to any tax refund. Watch this space....

Now that we have our PR I have obtained Au Tax File numbers. I now believe we need to fill in a form and send to the Au tax office which somehow communicates with HMRC? I guess that once this is done I will no longer get taxed in the UK? I now need to talk to an expert as to the best way forward.
  • Like 2

On 07/01/2018 at 07:47, Alan Collett said:

You will probably find it cheaper to arrange a transfer of funds to a relative in Australia through one of the regarded forex companis, and for that relative to arrange a bank cheque to pay the main Visa Application Charges.

Small differences in the exchange rate can make a fair difference in the GBP cost when such a large AUD sum is being remitted.

Best regards.

Ok Thanks Alan ..... helpful advice again !

• Like 3

On 07/01/2018 at 18:01, summerskybird said:

I’m waiting for my 143.

Hi Summerskybird

You will find this forum full of interesting information and people willing to offer advice based on their experiences. If like most you have many questions, doubts and fears flying through your mind:S you will hopefully get the question answered here:rolleyes:. I hope you find the forum as help as I have.

Good luck with your application and journey.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, kimboslice said:

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 19 March 2015.

Not much movement since the last update, but there were holidays in between which could explain it.  Fingers crossed that you all get a bigger jump in processing with the next update.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, elnak said:

I am one of those Feb 2015 guys...... waiting patiently. Paid AOS bond early Jan 2018. AOS acceptance letter not yet received. 

Give them a chance, you do know how slowly the mail moves in Australia? Can be 3 weeks even just Brisbane to Gold Coast.....

• Confused 2

Re importing personal goods including furniture on a 600 visitor visa.

Just to let you all know that my furniture  has now arrived, all intact and no issues with customs/quarantine.  I didn’t have to do anything further after it left the Uk other than signing and returning one form stating whether or not I was importing any alochol (which I was  it was all very simply delivered direct to my apartment, all unwrapped,  put in place and packaging removed.  I have to say though that the un- wrappers here were no where near as efficient as the wrappers in the UK had been - maybe it’s a heat effect!

I had had a few reservations about whether there would be any problems, given that I was importing on a 600 visitor visa, particularly since most shipping agents  had said they could only do the shipment if I had a permanent residence visa.  The firm I used said it would be ok as long as  my tourist visa was for at least a 12month stay.  Some other firms had suggested I needed to ship it in my daughter’s name but then she would have had to state that it was all her personal possessions which she had personally owned for over two years.  I resisted going along that route as it seemed underhand and I didn’t want  to risk either getting her or me into trouble. So, it all went in my name and thankfully there were no problems at all.  It’s super to have all my things here, though as it took 14 weeks to arrive I had had plenty of time to get used to a totally minimalistic look so it now looks rather cluttered!!  I’m sure I’ll soon get used to it! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AMP said:

Just to let you all know that my furniture  has now arrived, all intact and no issues with customs/quarantine.  I didn’t have to do anything further after it left the Uk other than signing and returning one form stating whether or not I was importing any alochol (which I was  it was all very simply delivered direct to my apartment, all unwrapped,  put in place and packaging removed.  I have to say though that the un- wrappers here were no where near as efficient as the wrappers in the UK had been - maybe it’s a heat effect!

I had had a few reservations about whether there would be any problems, given that I was importing on a 600 visitor visa, particularly since most shipping agents  had said they could only do the shipment if I had a permanent residence visa.  The firm I used said it would be ok as long as  my tourist visa was for at least a 12month stay.  Some other firms had suggested I needed to ship it in my daughter’s name but then she would have had to state that it was all her personal possessions which she had personally owned for over two years.  I resisted going along that route as it seemed underhand and I didn’t want  to risk either getting her or me into trouble. So, it all went in my name and thankfully there were no problems at all.  It’s super to have all my things here, though as it took 14 weeks to arrive I had had plenty of time to get used to a totally minimalistic look so it now looks rather cluttered!!  I’m sure I’ll soon get used to it! 

I've done the same AMP and our stuff is on its way.  I chose a long journey to save on storage as I've nowhere to put it until we either rent of buy!  I've not seen my stuff (bar in storage) for over a year now!

We don't want to rent and still have a problem with buying an established property.  If anyone has any experiences to share I'd be grateful!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Suzyq said:

Thanks Kathss56. I looked to check on the .gov website and the information is unavailable currently....I wonder if that's ominous!

Haha they are doing routine maintenance this weekend so it’s offline 

Edited by Kathss56
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Suzyq said:

I've done the same AMP and our stuff is on its way.  I chose a long journey to save on storage as I've nowhere to put it until we either rent of buy!  I've not seen my stuff (bar in storage) for over a year now!

We don't want to rent and still have a problem with buying an established property.  If anyone has any experiences to share I'd be grateful!

I think you can only buy a new build on yr visa? Can’t remember. So maybe you would,have to rent or squash in with the rellies  until PR comes through??

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, AMP said:

Hi Angela...... what company did you use?