Red Rose

Your one word that separates the UK from Australia

3 hours ago, Bulya said:

Good, the more they destroy the better.  Illegal to catch and return in Lake Burley Griffin.

Cracks me up, the dirty water in rivers has more to do with. Crappy development, water rights going to large corporate farms, people hooning up and down waterways in jet skis, boats etc.

2 minutes ago, Gary H said:

Cracks me up, the dirty water in rivers has more to do with. Crappy development, water rights going to large corporate farms, people hooning up and down waterways in jet skis, boats etc.

Not In Burley Griffin it isn’t. 

7 hours ago, calNgary said:

What do you mean by an underground thing?

Her in QLD they have competitions etc for who can catch the most as they want them out of the waterways.

Cal x

The first crap cull comp was on the Albert River, I do believe. The comp realized 4 tonnes of crap that was given to Charlie Carp fertilizer. They, in turn, donated a few hundred bass fingerlings to enrich the Albert River. A couple of comps were on the Logan River, as well.

Alas, it is no more due to high insurance costs.

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Bobj said:

The first crap cull comp was on the Albert River, I do believe. The comp realized 4 tonnes of crap that was given to Charlie Carp fertilizer. They, in turn, donated a few hundred bass fingerlings to enrich the Albert River. A couple of comps were on the Logan River, as well.

Alas, it is no more due to high insurance costs.

Cheers, Bobj.

They do them like a family day now, prize for who catches the heaviest,longest,most etc. 

Cal x

• Thanks 1

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...