Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Cup Final 1973

  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

5 Neutral

About Cup Final 1973

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

249 profile views
  1. Cup Final 1973

    Year 11 and 12

    I'm not sure whether your son will be going into year 11 in the English or Australian system. I do know that an ATAR will not translate into the English system because it is a ranking of Australian students in any given year and only applicable for applying to an Australian university.
  2. Cup Final 1973

    checklist for moving back to uk

    I taught French for over 40 years so have no problem with the language, lived in France as a student and have lots of French friends. I appreciate what Tulip1 says but we aren't intending to smother our grandchildren. We simply want to be near enough to pop over for a few days several times a year. At the moment we go back twice a year which is becoming increasingly expensive and increasingly hard on the body! We also have to go for at least 3 weeks to justify the cost and distance travelled and that brings its own problems.
  3. Cup Final 1973

    checklist for moving back to uk

    Thanks for that. It all sounds encouraging. We have loved our time in Oz, making loads of friends and it's really the pull of grandchildren dictating our move. The U.K. will be a stopover with France being the final destination. I reckon it's easier to move from the UK to France than Australia to France. I think I would struggle to fit back into life in England!
  4. Cup Final 1973

    checklist for moving back to uk

    Hi, my husband and I intend to return to the UK this year after 13 years in Australia. I've read these comments with interest as we too wondered what we needed to do to "prove" we were moving back for good. We are retired and receive our reduced British pension here but always claim the full amount when we go back for a holiday. How do we show that we are back for good? We will stay with our daughter for a couple of months. Can she simply sign something to say that's our home? Will we be able to register with a GP if we are living with her? We will be taking furniture back but will need it to go into storage rather than into our daughter's home. Will this cause a problem with a TOR? Very grateful for any advice.