Your one word that separates the UK from Australia

Red Rose

18 hours ago, Bulya said:

Too peopley as somebody here said a while ago 

The odd thing for me, though, is that despite the crowds in the UK, the countryside is easily accessible and I could always find ways to keep away from the traffic when I was cycling. Conversely, I have never ridden a bike since I returned to Sydney in December, 2008, because I HATE riding in cities. (I felt exactly the same about riding a bike in London.)

,Naturally, there are compensations in Australia - beaches and being able to swim all year round if I want, as opposed to three or four months at most in England, June to September. The water was warmer where I swam too, in the Solent, unlike the freezing water I encountered in both Cornwall and in Portugal.

• Like 1

On 30/11/2020 at 19:55, ali said:

On my one and only trip back to the UK when my dad passed away I felt really closed in, everything felt as if it were too close

Oh, don't get me started on the size of parking spaces in the UK! It's even worse now that there are so many SUVs on the road. Even when they park right in the centre of the space, you've got about 6 inches either side! I love how you can drive into pretty much any car park here and find a spot away from everyone else, and you can often drive straight off afterwards. Another first world problems solved!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/12/2020 at 12:39, Wanderer Returns said:

Oh, don't get me started on the size of parking spaces in the UK! It's even worse now that there are so many SUVs on the road. Even when they park right in the centre of the space, you've got about 6 inches either side! I love how you can drive into pretty much any car park here and find a spot away from everyone else, and you can often drive straight off afterwards. Another first world problems solved!

The garages at your house cant even fit a car in 🙈

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lavers said:

Usually dull in the rossendale valley haha

Yeah. Always said if I could move Ramsbottom to somewhere sunnier it would be perfect. 

just about managed it here in the Adelaide Hills 

I can even smell wild garlic ( or very closely related) here in season. 

Edited by rammygirl
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, rammygirl said:

Yeah. Always said if I could move Ramsbottom to somewhere sunnier it would be perfect. 

just about managed it here in the Adelaide Hills 

I can even smell wild garlic ( or very closely related) here in season. 

I've often wondered why you were called @rammygirl and just assumed that you were a Derby County fan! 😄 

• Haha 1