Just now, GemTrae said:

So I (applicant) only submitted my UK ACRO certificate, I've only ever lived in the UK. My husband (sponsor) received a request for both UK and Aus police clearance certificates. He grew up in Aus but lived here in the UK for nearly 10 years. 

Thank you I wasn't sure I just don't want to get a FIR if I can help it - can ask how I request both for my husband or does the ARCO give you the option to do both at the same time? 

Thank you.  

55 minutes ago, LottyC said:

Whilst we are all here keeping absolutely everything crossed for @CEP and everyone else, can I use this forum to ask another question?

So we’ve parted with another £3k this week for my husband’s indefinite leave to remain (ILR) in the UK. We plan on moving to Aus next Jan but his visa runs out next month here (so sick of having no money!!). We thought that after 6 years of being here   (which would be March 2020) that is when he will be eligible for citizenship, so we would fall short by 2 months - very frustrating for me. Having looked on direct Gov, it says that if he has ILR and has been in the UK 3 years prior to applying, he can go for citizenship being the spouse of a UK citizen. Has anyone else gone through this? This would solve a lot of problems (and mean we part with ANOTHER £1300) but after this process I feel it could be too good to be true...

Hi @LottyC

I have looked into this myself, as I am Australian, but have lived here for 19 years.  Obviously partner and I are planning to move to Australia this year.  I have ILR, but never bothered to go for citizenship, as you have to sit a daft exam etc.  Having planned to move to Aus though, I thought it would be an idea to just see about it so we would have it up our sleeve if we wanted to come back for any reason.  The issue is, to become a citizen, you have to have "the intention to stay living in the UK" ... not sure how closely this is monitored? 🙄

If anyone has any tips or advice I would appreciate it too!

Thanks

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CEP said:

Ok - so I've just come back down to earth lol!  I could barely type earlier!!

I'm so very overwhelmed by the support and genuine well wishes from everyone here.  It absolutely means so much.  As you are all aware, its a difficult process, which can only be understood by those experiencing the exact same thing.  I cannot thank you enough for picking me up when I've been down.  

I've made some good friends on here and I hope that we can somehow stay in touch going forward. 

I'll be staying around on here as 1) I want to see everyone go through lol and 2) I'll be moving into 820/801 territory in a few months time.  

You dont get rid of me that easily lol!!

So, this is a bit weird, but I actually got more emotional at the news your visa had come through than when ours did!

Possibly because I felt a bit bad that ours came through when people like you were still waiting @CEP !

As we all know, the limbo whilst waiting is the worst bit and the second-guessing yourself and being unable to get any feedback on whether you have done anything wrong etc, with the fear of a "DENIED" decision hanging over your head because you might have made a mistake...!!

So i really felt for you.  I'm SO pleased to see all these rolling through now though, hang in there anyone still waiting.  They are powering through the list!

• Like 2

Guys....... 
ive just had the email to leave Australia to grant my visa!!!!!
im shaking soooo much!
Thank you so much for your support everyone!![emoji8]
Omg@CEP I literally just let out a squeak in the office I am sooooo chuffed for you .... so well deserved ... I do have everyone looking and laughing at me now though!!!!!
Defo class of 2018 onshore reunion .....
Now just to sell the house get the crate and move so we can meet up and celebrate
Whooooo x
  • Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

Guys....... 
im shaking soooo much!
Thank you so much for your support everyone!![emoji8]
I am totally made up for you. [emoji7][emoji847][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322]

Amazing news. I've got mine too so you can fill in those pesky gaps on the spreadsheet!
  • Like 2
  • Congratulations 4

6 hours ago, CEP said:

Guys....... 

im shaking soooo much!

Thank you so much for your support everyone!!😘

Hi there great news. 

I think our co went walk about.

glas you got it.

i have one final question 

who is in charge of the ur sheet ???

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, CEP said:

Yeayyyyyy!!! Come on @ZoeHoulding and @Kung-Fu Koala it’s your go....xx

its 23:21 in brissy so I’ll get the colouring pens out first thing 😊😊

It's 6am on the Gold Coast, fuelled by @CEP email yesyerday ive woken.up & gone straight to my phone full of hope......

Still in the waiting lounge 😓

Congratulations @Ingers

Im drowning in green xx

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

It's 6am on the Gold Coast, fuelled by [mention=269597]CEP[/mention] email yesyerday ive woken.up & gone straight to my phone full of hope......
Still in the waiting lounge [emoji29]
Congratulations [mention=273340]Ingers[/mention]
Im drowning in green xx
They must be clearing the back log before going into March. Fingers crossed it comes in the next day or so. We need you guys to be green too!! @zoeholding 🤞🤞🤞
  • Like 1

On 27/02/2019 at 06:31, GemTrae said:

Oh my days...i can't breath!!!! 

Saw @Paddsy (huge congratulations to both you and @AdStanna btw!) post at the end of my work day and realised that today was the first day in a long time where I haven't reloaded my emails every 5 seconds.

Que opening email whilst preparing for the usual disappointment...both 309 and 100 granted!!!!

I have no more words, I'm just going to sit here and drink the champers that's been in my fridge waiting much more patiently than I have! 

@CEP please please tell me you got yours too!!!!   

Woohoo Congratulations!!!  Fab news, NZ here you come!!

9 hours ago, Ausgirl42 said:

Hi @LottyC

I have looked into this myself, as I am Australian, but have lived here for 19 years.  Obviously partner and I are planning to move to Australia this year.  I have ILR, but never bothered to go for citizenship, as you have to sit a daft exam etc.  Having planned to move to Aus though, I thought it would be an idea to just see about it so we would have it up our sleeve if we wanted to come back for any reason.  The issue is, to become a citizen, you have to have "the intention to stay living in the UK" ... not sure how closely this is monitored? 🙄

If anyone has any tips or advice I would appreciate it too!

Thanks

Very important point!!!  You do NOT have to have the intention to stay in the UK if you are applying as the spouse of a British Citizen!  Everyone else does, you don't.  I believe you can in fact apply then leave the country and even do your citizenship ceremony overseas in an embassy.  We looked at this as we were potentially moving very quickly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Very important point!!!  You do NOT have to have the intention to stay in the UK if you are applying as the spouse of a British Citizen!  Everyone else does, you don't.  I believe you can in fact apply then leave the country and even do your citizenship ceremony overseas in an embassy.  We looked at this as we were potentially moving very quickly.

Hmm... thanks for the info @Jon the Hat ....will have to try and dig into that a bit more as not sure where that leaves me, as I originally gained my spouse visa, and ILR through my first marriage in 2003. Divorced in 2010... engaged to current partner of nearly 7.5 years but not yet married...🙄

13 hours ago, Ausgirl42 said:

Having planned to move to Aus though, I thought it would be an idea to just see about it so we would have it up our sleeve if we wanted to come back for any reason.  The issue is, to become a citizen, you have to have "the intention to stay living in the UK" ... not sure how closely this is monitored? 🙄

If it's anything like Australia, it's not.   The thing is, if you apply, get your citizenship, then book a flight six months later, you could still have had the intention - you just changed your mind.  They can't prove it.