@AdStanna thank you so much. I’ve woken up a bit now and read your post properly lol. (I’m a she btw lol!)

Im overwhelmed by the kind words and thoughts from people.

And if @Katiebobbles is correct about immi stalkers then here’s a message: I promise to continue to maintain the spreadsheet 😊😊

it is a hideous process and one that has resulted in me not sleeping properly in months.  I mean, in what other setting would you happily hand over thousands of pounds only to be told you can’t question anything, continually moving goalposts s, so have no idea if you’ve just lost £4K?!?!

a good nights sleep in the new apartment on the weekend would be just lovely 😊 

this can only be achieved by a visa grant.

• Like 3

[mention=274768]AdStanna[/mention] thank you so much. I’ve woken up a bit now and read your post properly lol. (I’m a she btw lol!)
Im overwhelmed by the kind words and thoughts from people.
And if [mention=265638]Katiebobbles[/mention] is correct about immi stalkers then here’s a message: I promise to continue to maintain the spreadsheet [emoji4][emoji4]
it is a hideous process and one that has resulted in me not sleeping properly in months.  I mean, in what other setting would you happily hand over thousands of pounds only to be told you can’t question anything, continually moving goalposts s, so have no idea if you’ve just lost £4K?!?!
a good nights sleep in the new apartment on the weekend would be just lovely [emoji4] 
this can only be achieved by a visa grant.

Oh no I'm sorry I didn't mean to plant another worry .... but if there are CO stalkers out there ... come on there are only a couple on lonely white cells in that sheet who would love to turn the deepest green!!!!!!
All crossed for tomorrow
  • Like 2

Whilst we are all here keeping absolutely everything crossed for @CEP and everyone else, can I use this forum to ask another question?

So we’ve parted with another £3k this week for my husband’s indefinite leave to remain (ILR) in the UK. We plan on moving to Aus next Jan but his visa runs out next month here (so sick of having no money!!). We thought that after 6 years of being here   (which would be March 2020) that is when he will be eligible for citizenship, so we would fall short by 2 months - very frustrating for me. Having looked on direct Gov, it says that if he has ILR and has been in the UK 3 years prior to applying, he can go for citizenship being the spouse of a UK citizen. Has anyone else gone through this? This would solve a lot of problems (and mean we part with ANOTHER £1300) but after this process I feel it could be too good to be true...

1 minute ago, LottyC said:

Whilst we are all here keeping absolutely everything crossed for @CEP and everyone else, can I use this forum to ask another question?

So we’ve parted with another £3k this week for my husband’s indefinite leave to remain (ILR) in the UK. We plan on moving to Aus next Jan but his visa runs out next month here (so sick of having no money!!). We thought that after 6 years of being here   (which would be March 2020) that is when he will be eligible for citizenship, so we would fall short by 2 months - very frustrating for me. Having looked on direct Gov, it says that if he has ILR and has been in the UK 3 years prior to applying, he can go for citizenship being the spouse of a UK citizen. Has anyone else gone through this? This would solve a lot of problems (and mean we part with ANOTHER £1300) but after this process I feel it could be too good to be true...

I thought that if married to a uk citizen and lived in the uk for 3 years you would be eligible for citizenship without needing ILR? I’m looking at getting my Brit citizenship but I’ve lived here for 15 years and married for 10. Might be worth you calling and speaking to someone as I would’ve thought you could have gone straight for citizenship without needing to apply for ILR. 

7 minutes ago, CEP said:

Guys....... 

ive just had the email to leave Australia to grant my visa!!!!!

im shaking soooo much!

Thank you so much for your support everyone!!😘

Aaaaahhhh amazing news! Huge congratulations! So, so happy for you! Our backwards theory was bang on!

Edited by GemTrae

20 minutes ago, CEP said:

Guys....... 

im shaking soooo much!

Oh thank goodness. I honestly didn’t feel I could truly enjoy our good news until you were in the boat with us. Congratulations CEP, that must feel like huge weight has lifted. You deserve it. Sending loads of best wishes your way.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Devonuk said:

I thought that if married to a uk citizen and lived in the uk for 3 years you would be eligible for citizenship without needing ILR? I’m looking at getting my Brit citizenship but I’ve lived here for 15 years and married for 10. Might be worth you calling and speaking to someone as I would’ve thought you could have gone straight for citizenship without needing to apply for ILR. 

No it says that you need ILR in order to apply for spousal citizenship, which can only be obtained after 5 years. You'll be absolutely fine :-)

Hoping to get this before we leave...

39 minutes ago, CEP said:

Guys....... 

im shaking soooo much!

Congrats!!! 

Seems the backlog of jan - sept is almost complete then onto us October ones. I’m hoping for a slight delay by about 2 weeks while I am waiting for my Australian police check to arrive. Really don’t want an RFI. 

Hi - I have just been second guessing myself regarding the police checks - I used the link on the visa application to request an arco police check.  I have received it back but is that the only one I have to do? Is it from here or Australia? Also my husband who has been living here 13 years and is Australian has to do two I think, one Australian and one for UK, or does the arco do both? I'm second guessing everything 😞

4 minutes ago, mppc said:

Hi - I have just been second guessing myself regarding the police checks - I used the link on the visa application to request an arco police check.  I have received it back but is that the only one I have to do? Is it from here or Australia? Also my husband who has been living here 13 years and is Australian has to do two I think, one Australian and one for UK, or does the arco do both? I'm second guessing everything 😞

So I (applicant) only submitted my UK ACRO certificate, I've only ever lived in the UK. My husband (sponsor) received a request for both UK and Aus police clearance certificates. He grew up in Aus but lived here in the UK for nearly 10 years. 

Ok - so I've just come back down to earth lol!  I could barely type earlier!!

I'm so very overwhelmed by the support and genuine well wishes from everyone here.  It absolutely means so much.  As you are all aware, its a difficult process, which can only be understood by those experiencing the exact same thing.  I cannot thank you enough for picking me up when I've been down.  

I've made some good friends on here and I hope that we can somehow stay in touch going forward. 

I'll be staying around on here as 1) I want to see everyone go through lol and 2) I'll be moving into 820/801 territory in a few months time.  

You dont get rid of me that easily lol!!

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 2