Hi - can anyone give any advice on the timelines expected for a temporary (or permanent) spousal visa to be granted.  I’m from the UK and married to an Australian for 6 years, we have owned a house together for 8 years and we have a daughter aged 6 who is also dual citizen in UK and Australia with Ozzie passport etc.  We applied for my visa on 13 May and had acknowledgement the same day, my medicals were requested immediately and loaded 2 week later.  We’ve not heard anything since and not been assigned a case officer.  Is there anyone else who’s in a similar situation and has any advice on this.  Be interested to know other peoples experience and timelines so that it gives me something to work towards as at the moment we have no idea if it’ll be months or years! We’ve sold our house ready for the move and are renting until we hear.

15 minutes ago, Nadine1 said:

Hi - can anyone give any advice on the timelines expected for a temporary (or permanent) spousal visa to be granted.  I’m from the UK and married to an Australian for 6 years, we have owned a house together for 8 years and we have a daughter aged 6 who is also dual citizen in UK and Australia with Ozzie passport etc.  We applied for my visa on 13 May and had acknowledgement the same day, my medicals were requested immediately and loaded 2 week later.  We’ve not heard anything since and not been assigned a case officer.  Is there anyone else who’s in a similar situation and has any advice on this.  Be interested to know other peoples experience and timelines so that it gives me something to work towards as at the moment we have no idea if it’ll be months or years! We’ve sold our house ready for the move and are renting until we hear.

This sounds similar to my application last year. We applied start Feb, were acknowledged same day and mess/police checks requested a week later. My meds took 8 weeks as I have high BP, and they were uploaded early April with our grant early May. You've been thru a kind of triage process, and they're clearly fast tracking part of your application early as they have probably recognised the longevity of your relationship (we were 14 years together, 11 married with a 5 year old dual citizen daughter). My guess is that you'll probably get your grant within the next couple months. We had also sold our house and were in rented! We had our visa grant 2/5 and left Northern Ireland on 31/5/2017. I don't think you've long to go although I gave up trying to second guess Immi lol. They work in mysterious ways!!

• Like 1

Thank you so much for replying and you’ve made me feel a bit more positive about the whole thing! We are really praying to be there for Christmas so we can spend it with our huge family in Melbourne.  Not sure I can face another Christmas in England this year with no family around! I guess we just sit tight and wait.  Thank you.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Nadine1 said:

Thank you so much for replying and you’ve made me feel a bit more positive about the whole thing! We are really praying to be there for Christmas so we can spend it with our huge family in Melbourne.  Not sure I can face another Christmas in England this year with no family around! I guess we just sit tight and wait.  Thank you.

I had to force myself to relax! I spent the time clearing out junk and doing online research, and reaching out to groups like Uk Mums in Melbourne on FB, and pursuing groups for hobbies etc - anything to pass the time!! Good luck!!

• Like 1

Nadine, was your medical request the notification in Immi or an actual email request?  I think eveyone gets the immi notification, so if that then I wouldn't read too much into it.

Hopefully UK applications will be well within the global average, there were some very quick grants earlier in the year, in less than 2 months, which I am already past.  It would be surprising if it went out from 2 months to more than 7, so I would expect you can make Christmas in Melbourne!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Nadine, was your medical request the notification in Immi or an actual email request?  I think eveyone gets the immi notification, so if that then I wouldn't read too much into it.

Hopefully UK applications will be well within the global average, there were some very quick grants earlier in the year, in less than 2 months, which I am already past.  It would be surprising if it went out from 2 months to more than 7, so I would expect you can make Christmas in Melbourne!

You're right Jon, the notification document within the Immi system about the medical just shows automatically once the fee has been paid, and the acknowledgement is the same, it's an auto-generated document once the fee is paid. The medical notification in Immi is not the official email request from a CO. I actually think this confuses a lot of people. 

Edited by Beffers

Hi Nadine - I think my situation sounds similar to yours - albeit about a month behind in the process so it will be interesting to know when you get a case officer assigned . I submitted about a month ago, married for 7 years to an Aussie, two children (Citizenships in process, 1 received, 1 awaiting). Have heard nothing as yet, from your and Jon's experience it sounds like it may be a little while before I do. For those more familiar with the process, do you get an email to confirm a case officer being allocated, or does the status of the application just change in Immiaccount?

Hi all, 

Just wondered if anyone has had anything granted in the last few weeks? I applied via my Immi-account and received an immediate prompt to book my medical. My timeline is below, I've heard there have been some really fast grants for UK applicants from the beginning of this year but everyone seems to have gone very quiet. We were naively hoping we might be able to move around October this year. Application just says received and I received an automated email response to confirm the same.

Thanks and fingers crossed!

Lodgement Date - 30.05.18

Medical Completed - 22.06.18

Medical Cleared - 25.06.18

ACRO uploaded - 06.07.18

7 hours ago, Beffers said:

You're right Jon, the notification document within the Immi system about the medical just shows automatically once the fee has been paid, and the acknowledgement is the same, it's an auto-generated document once the fee is paid. The medical notification in Immi is not the official email request from a CO. I actually think this confuses a lot of people. 

Yes we got the notification in the Immi system to do a medical (not an email) so I arranged this immediately and after I passed the medicals the clinic loaded within 2 weeks of our application.  It just feels weird not to have a case officer yet but hopefully because it’s quite straight forwards then we’ll hear soon.   I’ll just keep the researching for schools and social activities going! 

Hi Guys

Jumping on your thread.  I am UK citizen married to Oz man - met 2014, married 2015 and had a son 2017.  We've recently decided to leave London and move to Oz.  We applied on 27 April and nothing has happened yet!

We're having our police checks and medicals done now so we can upload them and be as case ready as possible but were told today the global timescales have gone to 12-16 months!!!  So frustrating.

We used a MARA agent as was so scared of the whole process so can't even log in to see if anything happens.

We're selling our flat in London and had to decide whether to rent here or wait it out in Oz (as I'm still on mat leave) and decided to wait it out there.  So I've just been granted a 12 months tourist visa and we're just hoping my partner visa gets granted in that time.  

What part of Australia are you all hoping to move to?

Hey guys.
We are at the back of this queue i think.
Applied June 18
Police check ordered and medical booked for end of July. Everything else inc partners Aus and UK police checks already uploaded.
Only had automated request for medical and status is recieved on the site.
We are hoping for a 100 as together 8 years, married 5 and have a 2year old so hopefully uploaded enough evidence to egt the 100 ... who knows eh
Just got the medical then the long wait with no more to be done really starts!!!
Will be heading to Brissy where the extended fam is but aimjng for an early 2019 move date so we have time to sell and de-clutter!!!!

What’s the 100? Is that a points thing? 
Heya
No when you apply for the partner visa offshore its a 309/100
The 309 is the temporary visa (supposed to be for 2 years) then you can apply for the permanent visa (the 100), obvs you can be in oz on the 309 but think it is harder to get a mortgage etc.
However if you meet criteria of being together for i think 3 years, or 2 if you have a dependant child together, you can skip the 2 year temp visa and be granted the permanent straight away.
However i have heard of cases where people who meet the time criteria are only granted the 309 (maybe due to lack of evidence) .... hence my hope to be a 100 case but obvs not guarenteed.
I would just take the golden email at this point (i am the person who opens xmas presents early!!!!!)
Hope that helps ... i assumed u went for the partner visa did you??

4 hours ago, dondons1uk said:

Hi Guys

Jumping on your thread.  I am UK citizen married to Oz man - met 2014, married 2015 and had a son 2017.  We've recently decided to leave London and move to Oz.  We applied on 27 April and nothing has happened yet!

Quick question - can your husband get indefinite leave to remain, or preferably UK citizenship, before you leave the UK?   I ask, because once you've left the country, he may find it very difficult to get back into the UK again.  The UK partner visa is much harder to get than the Australian one.  Although I'm sure you're heading for Australia determined to make a go of it, you can never tell what the future will hold, so it's important to keep that door to the UK open just in case.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Katiebobbles said:

Heya
No when you apply for the partner visa offshore its a 309/100
The 309 is the temporary visa (supposed to be for 2 years) then you can apply for the permanent visa (the 100), obvs you can be in oz on the 309 but think it is harder to get a mortgage etc.
However if you meet criteria of being together for i think 3 years, or 2 if you have a dependant child together, you can skip the 2 year temp visa and be granted the permanent straight away.
However i have heard of cases where people who meet the time criteria are only granted the 309 (maybe due to lack of evidence) .... hence my hope to be a 100 case but obvs not guarenteed.
I would just take the golden email at this point (i am the person who opens xmas presents early!!!!!)
Hope that helps ... i assumed u went for the partner visa did you??

Thanks so much for that! Yes we went for 309. I guess our MARA agent went for both. I felt so confused by it all!!

12 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Quick question - can your husband get indefinite leave to remain, or preferably UK citizenship, before you leave the UK?   I ask, because once you've left the country, he may find it very difficult to get back into the UK again.  The UK partner visa is much harder to get than the Australian one.  Although I'm sure you're heading for Australia determined to make a go of it, you can never tell what the future will hold, so it's important to keep that door to the UK open just in case.

Thanks so much that’s a kind thought. He did get the British passport so we can all come back again. As you say never know when they’ll change the rules! 

• Like 1

@dondons1uk When you apply for the 309 you apply for the 100 at the same time so yes ur agent would have done both. Even if only the 309 is granted you wont have to do everything again for the 100 in 2 years its just a further upload of latest evidence i believe but havent looked into that one too much ..... just waiting to see what happens.
Looking at your stats i think you should qualify for the 100 (perm visa) if there is enough evidence and i assume as u went through an agent they would have requested that for you ..... sure you can ask them if you dont get the 100 why not

I’m going to Melbourne. Anyone else??!!

my MARA agent said They aren’t allow to put a quota on the number of partner visas but that in this current climate of anti immigration they sort of manage the numbers and keep them down by delaying decisions. So if they felt the numbers were high for the year they bump some in the next years quota. The year for figures ends in July so I’m really hoping things pick up Fromm august onwards 

Hi everyone, I’m also in the same situation. I’m the Aussie, my husband is a Brit. We met in 2005, married 8 years ago, bought houses, shared banking and have a child who is 6. We applied on 18/4/18, and it was all fully uploaded (medical, acro etc). We have heard nothing which is ok, except that the processing time has since increased even further to 21 - 26 months. I’m freaking out. When we applied it was 6-9 months. How is anyone supposed to plan anything at all?! Has anyone been assigned a case officer at all? 

For all of you who used an agent, has anyone been informed of the increased time frame and/or had any info about this from them? I’m irritated that mine hasn’t said anything especially as the agents are relatively well funded by us! 

Good luck everyone! I have my fingers crossed for you all.