So I’ve tried to frontload my case which seems we all have done. we’ve uploaded evidence and police checks and medical. 

I then got an email requesting a further medical as I have a condition and I’ve had to see a rheumatologist to confirm I’m not going to be a burden etc etc. 

I think this is not a case worker though. I think if you get a grade B medical it goes to Bupa who assess on behalf of IMMI what further questions are required. 

Anyhow I did that medical today so once that’s uploaded I think that’s it and it’ll just be waiting for us. 

I’m hopeful For a decision within 12 months of applying. No reason other than blind hope! 

3 minutes ago, dondons1uk said:

So I’ve tried to frontload my case which seems we all have done. we’ve uploaded evidence and police checks and medical. 

I then got an email requesting a further medical as I have a condition and I’ve had to see a rheumatologist to confirm I’m not going to be a burden etc etc. 

I think this is not a case worker though. I think if you get a grade B medical it goes to Bupa who assess on behalf of IMMI what further questions are required. 

Anyhow I did that medical today so once that’s uploaded I think that’s it and it’ll just be waiting for us. 

I’m hopeful For a decision within 12 months of applying. No reason other than blind hope! 

Truly hope so - fingers crossed for you and everyone in our group. Such a nightmare. X

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jon, That is great news someone is getting a grant.
Can i ask the only ones I have seen are where further info was requested back at the start of the year and not "new assesment" cases. Is this the case in the one you saw or are they onto new previously unassessed cases??
I only ask as I dont think anyone here has a status other than Received, (please let me know if i am wrong... we are still just received) and therefore no case officers have looked yet. I am just trying to figure if they are on our queue or not.....
I think you are first in our timeline line queue so hopefully you have good news soon and we all start moving soon after.....
Its the not knowing thats killer ... especially with all the negative press in Aus re Peter Duttons policies and their potential fallout to partner visas and timelines ...... we all sound pretty straight forward i hope its just getting someone to asses our cases.
Sorry for the ramble ....

I guess it depends if your application was decision ready or not, I don't see why if it was it should be any slower because you didn't get a request.

In other news, I see the processing time has dropped to 14-16 months today ? I do like being right, I said it would drop again and there had been year end shenanigans.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I guess it depends if your application was decision ready or not, I don't see why if it was it should be any slower because you didn't get a request.

In other news, I see the processing time has dropped to 14-16 months today ? I do like being right, I said it would drop again and there had been year end shenanigans.

Wow! That’s awesome news Jon the Hat! I looked last night and it was still 21 to 26 months! Great news to wake up to! Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Askem81 said:

Wow! That’s awesome news Jon the Hat! I looked last night and it was still 21 to 26 months! Great news to wake up to! Fingers crossed!

Great news.  It would be good if it reverts to the beginning of the year's 11 - 13 months or less.  Many of us have been waiting around five months or longer without any communication.

5 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Amazing!  I’m so happy your right!

next stop we start getting decisions!!  I’m off to Melbourne next week to wait over there. I’ve got a 12 month visa and now it seems I may get a decision within that time. Fingers crossed and all that!

47 minutes ago, dondons1uk said:

Amazing!  I’m so happy your right!

next stop we start getting decisions!!  I’m off to Melbourne next week to wait over there. I’ve got a 12 month visa and now it seems I may get a decision within that time. Fingers crossed and all that!

Ive seen you have mentioned a few times about the 12 month visa to wait in Australia, how did you go about getting that? Thats something we are also thinking of doing xx

Hi all, 

Just seeing if anyone knows about attaching additional evidence to your application. My business in Australia believe if they write me an 'offer' letter it would help expedite the process. 

I'm under the impression it wouldn't make any difference. Has anyone heard of this happening before? 

Thanks, 

38 minutes ago, ATE said:

Hi all, 

Just seeing if anyone knows about attaching additional evidence to your application. My business in Australia believe if they write me an 'offer' letter it would help expedite the process. 

I'm under the impression it wouldn't make any difference. Has anyone heard of this happening before? 

Thanks, 

Won't make any difference as your visa is not linked to any kind of job sponsorship. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. I'm new to this forum. I'm English. Husband is a kiwi but is an "eligible NZ citizen" so can sponsor me. We have been married 14 years, have 3 kids, a house and plenty of evidence of our relationship. I have a job to go to near melbourne once the visa is granted. We applied for 309/100 at the beginning of May, with everything uploaded except the medical which they asked for a few weeks later and we had completed by the end of June. Heard nothing since. We had been hoping to go out at the end of the year so the kids could start school with everyone else in January and I was hoping to start work in Feb. When we applied it seemed that the visas were being processed quickly and that leaving in December was realistic but it feels very uncertain now. Frustrating that so many people on so many of the forums who have applied from March onwards have heard nothing. Hopefully we will see a flurry of grants soon! 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...