I agree Jon. We all have stuff that would be a lot easier if we had the golden email or just knowledge of when they would look at the application but this is the problem with something so opaque. We have to just stay as positive as we can and put in place what we can in the meantime.
Laf - you will defo need the Aus checks so maybe get those completed so you know you have a decision ready application.... i assume you have front loaded???
Fingers crossed these requests mean we are starting to get some movement and we all hear soon

I think we'll wait to see if we definitely need all three checks. Both of us left Aus 35 years ago and I only lived there for 7 years. Also if we wait till asked we'll know they'll be looking out for them rather than just adding them as new attachments without knowing if they've already looked at our applications.
Good luck to everyone.

My agent has just clarified the following...
Female sponsors do not need police clearance, only male sponsors. 
Unbelieveable really! Has anyone who is a female sponsor been asked for U.K. or Aus police clearance? Thanks 

Strangely I just read that on a site called Concept Australia, I’d not heard that before, that’s a new one on me!

Just been looking at that Concept Australia website and their statement re processing times for 300/309 visas :

‘Although in the last programme year (July 2017 - June 2018) most applications processed at the Australian High Commission in London were decided within 6 months, we have been advised that applications lodged in the current programme year are expected to take between 10 - 14 months to be finalised. The new processing timetable is roughly in line with global processing times which is due to an increase in the number of applications being processed and the level of staff available at the Australian High Commission.’

Stupid question...does that mean that those applications lodged prior to July 2018 might be a little quicker (okay so I’m clutching at straws here!)?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Noodlejaffa said:

Just been looking at that Concept Australia website and their statement re processing times for 300/309 visas :

‘Although in the last programme year (July 2017 - June 2018) most applications processed at the Australian High Commission in London were decided within 6 months, we have been advised that applications lodged in the current programme year are expected to take between 10 - 14 months to be finalised. The new processing timetable is roughly in line with global processing times which is due to an increase in the number of applications being processed and the level of staff available at the Australian High Commission.’

Stupid question...does that mean that those applications lodged prior to July 2018 might be a little quicker (okay so I’m clutching at straws here!)?

I lodged my application in May 2018 and I had a skype call with Concept Australia in September and he informed us it was likely to be 10 months.  Obviously this could be wrong, as no one (not even the migration agents) have any idea on when the visas will be issued, but it’s the only information that we’ve been given so just going on this.  

11 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I can believe they have been told that by someone, but I'm not sure it is such an exact science.  I shall cling to the fact that I submitted last processing year and hope I am not too far into the pile!

Yeah I agree, secretly I think it’ll come through this year but there are no facts to go on for anything. I very rarely login now to check because the whole process is slightly soul destroying.

Didn’t someone on another thread submit in April and got their visa granted last month? I’m sure that was mentioned earlier in this thread.

How odd (and sexist!) that only men are required to get an Aus police clearance - women are capable of domestic violence too if that is the angle. That's interesting about the 10 month point, I have seen more visa grants (albeit all out of India) and movement on UK visas (on this board) than I have for ages. Perhaps it's just coincidence but I feel more optimistic than I have for ages. I too am hoping that having applied in April means we might get something between the 6 months and 10 months. On the plus side there doesn't seem to be too many people from early 2018 around any more does there?

16 minutes ago, BacktoOz83 said:

How odd (and sexist!) that only men are required to get an Aus police clearance - women are capable of domestic violence too if that is the angle. That's interesting about the 10 month point, I have seen more visa grants (albeit all out of India) and movement on UK visas (on this board) than I have for ages. Perhaps it's just coincidence but I feel more optimistic than I have for ages. I too am hoping that having applied in April means we might get something between the 6 months and 10 months. On the plus side there doesn't seem to be too many people from early 2018 around any more does there?

The need for police checks for sponsors was introduced to cover domestic violence and child abuse, and I agree with you, its scandalous if they are only checking male sponsors 

However having worked in oz for many years, and having a partner who was the victim of DV in a previous relationship, it does not surprise me. Trying to convince ozzies that men can be the victims of domestic violence is not easy, workplaces will protect women at the drop of a hat but men, they are left to fight alone. Likewise ozzies are quick to believe men commit child abuse, but are reluctant to believe the same of women. 

I totally agree, and think the view is likely the same everywhere but given how thorough they claim their checks to be, one would expect them to tick that box, male or female. In this day and age it seems an extraordinary decision that someone has made! I find this whole process so infuriating because so much is sort of hidden - nothing is transparent and to an extent I think that's fine but to pay $7k and not even be able to question anything is just madness.

• Like 2

September global processing times are the same as August 13-17 months.  Was hoping for a reduction 😞.

On the plus side I might have the opportunity to do some short term project work in Sydney for my company on a 400 visa from January, so I will be able to see if I like Sydney.

Edited by Jon the Hat
  • Like 1

I've just joined this group and reading with interest. So in brief. Just lodged offshore. Married 20 years, both kids 11, 15 with dual. Just done medical and police check UK and AFP) Have done wife's ACRO one but not AFP ( She's the sponsor) reading some of these threads is she not requires to give a police check, I thought all sponsors were. ? As per other comments  it gave impression that partner visas were being granted at a fairly speedy rate. From what I've read here so far, seems to be a bit more depressing, although realistic. 

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removed external site reference.

8 hours ago, Bojangles1066 said:

I've just joined this group and reading with interest. So in brief. Just lodged offshore. Married 20 years, both kids 11, 15 with dual. Just done medical and police check UK and AFP) Have done wife's ACRO one but not AFP ( She's the sponsor) reading some of these threads is she not requires to give a police check, I thought all sponsors were. ? As per other comments it gave impression that partner visas were being granted at a fairly speedy rate. From what I've read here so far, seems to be a bit more depressing, although realistic. 

Welcome!  

Edited by MaggieMay24

On 16/10/2018 at 12:15, dondons1uk said:

How are you all outing your key dates in your Signature line?

Click your profile drop down arrow at top right of the screen, account settings, signature, type in the details, save.  Took me a while to find it.

7 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

September global processing times are the same as August 13-17 months.  Was hoping for a reduction 😞.

On the plus side I might have the opportunity to do some short term project work in Sydney for my company on a 400 visa from January, so I will be able to see if I like Sydney.

Just looking at this potential visa as an option. Do you know if your business that wants to bring you in could use this for the short term ? 

2 hours ago, laf said:

I've just received the request from a case officer for my husband to carry out UK and Aus police checks.  It looks as if things are moving for us at last. 

Brilliant news! Hopefully March and April are now moving into the processing frame! Perhaps we can start to be cautiously optimistic about a grant this side of Christmas!

• Like 2

On 17/10/2018 at 17:04, ATE said:

Just looking at this potential visa as an option. Do you know if your business that wants to bring you in could use this for the short term ? 

They seem to think so, and the work is project work which I have the experience to do while they don;t have anyone in their team to do it.  Hopefully I won't need it and I can use the trip to validate my partner visa!

1 minute ago, Jon the Hat said:

This thread is staying at the top of the forum on principle.  We will have requests for information!  We will have grants!  We will have congratulations and mile panic about moving in the very near future!   BRING IT ON!!

LOVE THE ENTHUSIASM!! Yeeeaaahhhhhhh!! Come on High commission! Bring it on!!