2 hours ago, Noodlejaffa said:

Can't believe it! We got our golden email today! PMV 300 granted through London - perfect timing as I fly to Adelaide next Wednesday. Guess I'd better get on with organising our wedding which is happening in 11 weeks time 😱😊

I don't think the news has really sunk in yet as I got the email 10 minutes before I started work so quickly spoke to my partner over in Oz then have been flat out since then. Still in shock!

Good luck to you all out there!

Congratulations that is brilliant news.  All the best for your journey and new life together!  We’ll see you back waiting for the 309 next year! Xx

2 hours ago, Noodlejaffa said:

Can't believe it! We got our golden email today! PMV 300 granted through London - perfect timing as I fly to Adelaide next Wednesday. Guess I'd better get on with organising our wedding which is happening in 11 weeks time 😱😊

I don't think the news has really sunk in yet as I got the email 10 minutes before I started work so quickly spoke to my partner over in Oz then have been flat out since then. Still in shock!

Congratulations Noodlejaffa. Very good timing for you. Best of luck for your future in Oz.

Congratulations noodlejaffa! And good luck with the move and wedding!

So I'm sad and keeping logs! 3 grants in our group in a week (2 applicants from April one from June). And 3 requests for info also for those that applied April and June. 

So those still waiting hang in there. Ours must be in someone's pile just waiting to be processed!!!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, dondons1uk said:

Congratulations noodlejaffa! And good luck with the move and wedding!

So I'm sad and keeping logs! 3 grants in our group in a week (2 applicants from April one from June). And 3 requests for info also for those that applied April and June. 

So those still waiting hang in there. Ours must be in someone's pile just waiting to be processed!!!

A grant and a few other requests for information on Australia forum as well.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Noodlejaffa said:

Fantastic news to wake up to!! Love this chat, now that things are moving, I can feel the excitement xx

Morning all, 

I know a couple of you have moved over to Oz to wait for your grants to come through. This is something myself & husband have toyed with, now we have decided to move in January. How do I notify Immi? 

We applied in August for visa for myself & 3 children, husband is PR. He has now been offered a job, they know the situation & are happy to wait, but would like him there to start between 21-28th January. We have decided to fly 21st Jan on tourist visa, then go to New Zealand when the visas are due to be granted. The way things are moving, im actually hopeful that we may have them granted before we leave.

Any advice would be gratefully received xx

1 hour ago, ZoeHoulding said:

Morning all, 

I know a couple of you have moved over to Oz to wait for your grants to come through. This is something myself & husband have toyed with, now we have decided to move in January. How do I notify Immi? 

We applied in August for visa for myself & 3 children, husband is PR. He has now been offered a job, they know the situation & are happy to wait, but would like him there to start between 21-28th January. We have decided to fly 21st Jan on tourist visa, then go to New Zealand when the visas are due to be granted. The way things are moving, im actually hopeful that we may have them granted before we leave.

Any advice would be gratefully received xx

Hey

That's exciting!  It's worked for us so far but I don't know what advice I can give.  I applied on a 600 tourist visa to give me 12 months so that there is time for the offshore visa to come through.  I think my agent just updated my address and number on Immi which would obviously then be Australian.  As I have an agent I don't really know the specifics on how else to do it.  Perhaps an email?

Sorry not much help!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, dondons1uk said:

Hey

That's exciting!  It's worked for us so far but I don't know what advice I can give.  I applied on a 600 tourist visa to give me 12 months so that there is time for the offshore visa to come through.  I think my agent just updated my address and number on Immi which would obviously then be Australian.  As I have an agent I don't really know the specifics on how else to do it.  Perhaps an email?

Sorry not much help!

Thankyou for the reply, Ive no agent, we are doing it all ourselves. I think I will email them to see what info they can give me as when we 1st go over, we will be in a hotel for 2 weeks while we sort a house, so I wont have a fixed address xx

Congratulations on the Visa! Great news!

Weve just had a request for my husbands Aus police clearance (he spent time in Aus on a working holiday) so something is moving .. being the Aus sponsor... I also had to do both UKand Aus but uploaded when we first applied..

Just curious, what was the first thing you did once you found out? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kylied said:

Just curious, what was the first thing you did once you found out? 

Immediately phoned my other half up in Adelaide to tell him (my hands were trembly so much I couldn't hit the right keys!) - then I was with clients for 6 hours solid so had to switch brain off from visa thoughts completely. It's hit me completely today - woke up and remembered life had changed since yesterday!! It's champagne tonight and the start of making many urgent 'to do' lists. Need to figure out when to close down my business (sole trader) so once I've done that everything else will be easier to deal with. And I can actually look for jobs in Oz too. Wow!

Fingers crossed that London processing continues at this pace 😊

• Like 2

Congrats to all who have been approved 🎉 🙂 

just wondering how long it states you have until you can arrive to Australia? We are about to take a long holiday and anxious it will cross over. I was reading it’s about a year? But wondering if anything has changed...

Congrats to all who have been approved [emoji322] [emoji846] 
just wondering how long it states you have until you can arrive to Australia? We are about to take a long holiday and anxious it will cross over. I was reading it’s about a year? But wondering if anything has changed...

If you go straight to 100 you have a year to enter Australia from the date of your medical or police check, whichever was earlier, this does not have to be your permanent move though.

My Husband has been offered a job to start mid January, they know the situation & will hold the job for him!! So we are now going to have the minimalist Christmas ever! Getting removals in at the start of December lol ,I need to arrange a tourist visa for myself & 3 children to travel over, but fingers crossed our visas come through before then xx

20 minutes ago, ZoeHoulding said:

My Husband has been offered a job to start mid January, they know the situation & will hold the job for him!! So we are now going to have the minimalist Christmas ever! Getting removals in at the start of December lol ,I need to arrange a tourist visa for myself & 3 children to travel over, but fingers crossed our visas come through before then xx

I'm in the same position with an internal transfer with my company, they want me there in Mid January, and are willing to provide a short term visa, but that doesnt kick off the relocation support, so a quick visa grant would make life a hell of a lot easier, like this week so I can put the house on the market.

• Like 1