6 minutes ago, ZoeHoulding said:

If I apply for a tourist visa, it wont cancel my 309/100 will it? Im thinking just a standard tourist visa as Im staying positive for the 309/100 to come through xx

No, it won’t cancel your 309/100. You’ll have to leave the country and then enter to activate the 309/100 if it’s granted while you’re in OZ.

• Like 1

I think what is most irritating about the waiting (except you buggers who have wantonly jumped ahead of me in the queue through no fault of your own! :)) is that spouses of other Visa holders e.g. 189 can get into Australia faster than I can as the spouse of an Aussie citizen.  Nuts.  It is almost as annoying as when I paid thousands for my wife to ILR in the UK when the non-EU Spouse of an EU citizen got it for about a fiver.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SydneyBound said:

No, it won’t cancel your 309/100. You’ll have to leave the country and then enter to activate the 309/100 if it’s granted while you’re in OZ.

Do I just apply online as normal? Then would I send an email to say Im going to Oz? Who would I email? Ive no idea now lol xx

Hi All,

We've been long time lurkers on this site, but I thought I'd just add our positivity.  We lodged on 1st May in London office, and overnight have just been asked for partner's police records check.  Applicant had meds and police front loaded.  We are in Australia with the applicant (my wife) here on a 600 visa (kids and I are Australian citizens).  Anyone thinking about coming over on the tourist visa while waiting for their spouse visa to come through I would highly recommend getting the 600 visa.  The cost is minimal (£60 if I recall), and you can stay in country for up to 12 months (rather than 90 days at a time under e-visitor) and then everything is above board and correct.  We used an agent in the end just for the peace of mind and they felt very strongly that this was the way to do it as you have then been totally upfront with immi about your plans.  Given the cost and time its not worth the risk.

Finally, a good luck to jon the hat - looks like he deserves some luck soon!

Best. OB

• Like 4

Morning,

Ok i need some more help from you lovely people, I feel totally useless at this!! Ive done all the hard stuff no problem, now I want to apply for 600 visa to travel over in January but Im not sure what Steam I need to apply for?

Tourist stream (tourism/visit family or friends)Business Visitor stream (business visit for meetings, conferences or negotiations but not for work)Sponsored Family stream (requires Sponsorship form 1149)Frequent Traveller stream (tourism or business purposes)

Obviously I dont want to get it wrong, but theres no option to go over to wait for 309/100. Im not really going for a holiday, although staying in a hotel for 2 weeks & we will be "visiting family" as my husbands 2 children live there. Just worried they might think ive chosen the wrong option

People already over there waiting, what option did you go with?

Thankyou xx

I am hoping to travel over for a visit in December but only for a month so will apply for the evisitor visa. I will then travel back again end of march for a few months to visit once I have finished up my current job. My partner has already gone out as his new job has already started so I am looking forward to the holiday time to visit and see the new house that he has organised in my absence!

• Like 1

We’ve had some exciting news today. My 309 and 100 visa has been granted! Very excited and champagne already opened. Good luck to everyone else waiting, fingers crossed it’s a short wait now they are rolling through. 

Congratulations Nadine, wonderful news, wishing you much happiness for the future[emoji5]
  • Like 1

Congratulation! Amazing news on a Saturday 🙂 ! 

Just wondering if anyone has experienced particular countries taking longer than the time frame given after the police checks request (28 days) ? 

We have been told by one country that for non nationals it takes longer than 30 days potentially 2 months. There’s nothing that will show up and all other countries are all with no trace too, but we are a little anxious because it’s longer than given timeframe. 

5 hours ago, Nadine1 said:

We’ve had some exciting news today. My 309 and 100 visa has been granted! Very excited and champagne already opened. Good luck to everyone else waiting, fingers crossed it’s a short wait now they are rolling through. 

That's so wonderful. Congratulations Nadine!!

• Like 1

On 02/11/2018 at 21:26, ZoeHoulding said:

Morning,

Ok i need some more help from you lovely people, I feel totally useless at this!! Ive done all the hard stuff no problem, now I want to apply for 600 visa to travel over in January but Im not sure what Steam I need to apply for?

Tourist stream (tourism/visit family or friends)Business Visitor stream (business visit for meetings, conferences or negotiations but not for work)Sponsored Family stream (requires Sponsorship form 1149)Frequent Traveller stream (tourism or business purposes)

Obviously I dont want to get it wrong, but theres no option to go over to wait for 309/100. Im not really going for a holiday, although staying in a hotel for 2 weeks & we will be "visiting family" as my husbands 2 children live there. Just worried they might think ive chosen the wrong option

People already over there waiting, what option did you go with?

Thankyou xx

Hi. I chose visiting family. I attached a statement making it clear I was on maternity leave from work anyway so if I'm at home waiting for my visa I'd rather be waiting in Australia whilst visiting family then waiting in UK alone. Hope that helps!

5 hours ago, Nadine1 said:

Amazing news!!! Congratulations! It's just the best feeling 😊

• Like 1

Congratulations Nadine. Good luck with your future plans.
  • Like 1

We got the email this morning. 309/100 granted overnight whilst we were asleep one half an hour after the other. We applied on May 9th via a migration agent with everything uploaded except the medical which was requested a few weeks later. We have heard nothing since then until now. I am british, my husband is an eligible NZ citizen - he lived in oz 1999-2001. We have both lived together in the UK pretty much since then. Married 13 years. 3 kids with dual NZ/UK citizenship also on the visa who were also granted permanent residency last night. Had booked flights this week regardless and I had a 3 month visitor visa. I am due to start work in february and my work there had starting looking into an additional temporary work sponsorship visa to ensure I could start. No need for that now. Slightly in shock but it’s an amazing feeling. Clearly they are suddenly processing their many piles of waiting visas.  Hopefully all of you waiting will get the news you want very soon. We didn’t believe it would happen then suddenly it does.  

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, lucylynd said:

We got the email this morning. 309/100 granted overnight whilst we were asleep one half an hour after the other. We applied on May 9th via a migration agent with everything uploaded except the medical which was requested a few weeks later. We have heard nothing since then until now. I am british, my husband is an eligible NZ citizen - he lived in oz 1999-2001. We have both lived together in the UK pretty much since then. Married 13 years. 3 kids with dual NZ/UK citizenship also on the visa who were also granted permanent residency last night. Had booked flights this week regardless and I had a 3 month visitor visa. I am due to start work in february and my work there had starting looking into an additional temporary work sponsorship visa to ensure I could start. No need for that now. Slightly in shock but it’s an amazing feeling. Clearly they are suddenly processing their many piles of waiting visas.  Hopefully all of you waiting will get the news you want very soon. We didn’t believe it would happen then suddenly it does.  

Congratulations!!!!!!! What a week it's been for lots of us. 

I'm literally in the process of packing to fly out on Wednesday. Frantically preparing my property for the estate agent as it's going on the market this week. So many things to sort out!

• Like 3

Wow that is amazing news congrats

I'm starting to tie myself in knots about getting asked for more info at the start of last week then not hearing. How long do you think it is after hitting "I have provided all info requested" to being re-reviewed. Do you go to the bottom of the pile again do you think???

Also got an email from ACRO asking to release the police check for my other half but it had come back with no trace. But I guess cos I said he had a speeding fine and 3 points they expected that to be on there .... i didn't think they showed driving points etc??? Can anyone advise. I assume they have done the same with his OZ police check ..... I am just freaking myself out I think ... this is such a stressful process.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, lucylynd said:

Congratulations ! They really are rolling through them this week. Good luck for your future plans 😊

Fantastic news for you. I'm sure it was quite a shock especially at the weekend. Best of luck for your future.
My husband's police checks were uploaded yesterday so we're now just waiting for the golden email.
  • Like 1