22 hours ago, GEMS1984 said:

Hi All,

Great to hear such happy news and my fingers are crossed for all the others waiting (particularly those that applied in the Spring).

Just wanted to pick your clever brains. My husband has permanent leave to remain in the UK. However, I am wondering whether we need to sort him out with a different UK visa before we leave so if our Aussie dreams don't work out, we've got a plan B. Does anyone have any clever thoughts?

Really appreciate any advice.

Thanks, Gems x 

My hubbie had permanent leave to remain as well but he then went for the citizenship - he got this a few years ago, not sure how long it took but it’s defo worth it.  He applied based on his mother being English rather than being married to a Brit.  Can your husband do this?

12 hours ago, mhaffie said:

Hi there,

Yes, that is correct, you don’t press the button till the police checks are back and have been uploaded, the button at the bottom notifies them that you have finalised there requests. Once it’s been pressed I’m not sure it can be reactivated so if I was you I’d not press it till you have them both back and uploaded under the character section of your immi account.

Thank you Mhaffie 🙂 

23 hours ago, GEMS1984 said:

Hi All,

Great to hear such happy news and my fingers are crossed for all the others waiting (particularly those that applied in the Spring).

Just wanted to pick your clever brains. My husband has permanent leave to remain in the UK. However, I am wondering whether we need to sort him out with a different UK visa before we leave so if our Aussie dreams don't work out, we've got a plan B. Does anyone have any clever thoughts?

Really appreciate any advice.

Thanks, Gems x 

Hi Gem

I would say definitely get citizenship.  My husband did it online in Jan 2018 and it took about a month.  It was new online then so may have slowed down. 

The reason is that with Permanent Leave I believe if you leave the country for more than 5 years it can lapse?  I'm not 100% certain but that is a concern as I remember us looking into it and seeing my hubby would then need a spousal visa.  In any event immigration is always a moveable feast and they change the rules regularly so the safest option is to have citizenship.

You have to be intending to remain in UK when you apply for citizenship though so I'd do it before you take any steps to actually leave!

1 hour ago, dondons1uk said:

Hi Gem

I would say definitely get citizenship.  My husband did it online in Jan 2018 and it took about a month.  It was new online then so may have slowed down. 

The reason is that with Permanent Leave I believe if you leave the country for more than 5 years it can lapse?  I'm not 100% certain but that is a concern as I remember us looking into it and seeing my hubby would then need a spousal visa.  In any event immigration is always a moveable feast and they change the rules regularly so the safest option is to have citizenship.

You have to be intending to remain in UK when you apply for citizenship though so I'd do it before you take any steps to actually leave!

The requirement to intend to stay in the uk doesn’t apply if you are married to a British citizen. You can I believe even apply in the uk, leave and do the citizenship ceremony abroad.  We may well find out if this is true next year!

11 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

The requirement to intend to stay in the uk doesn’t apply if you are married to a British citizen. You can I believe even apply in the uk, leave and do the citizenship ceremony abroad.  We may well find out if this is true next year!

AMAZING! Thank you so so much for the guidance. This thread has been 100x more helpful than any agent or helpline that I've called! Fingers crossed for everyone that good news arrives soon. Gems 

On 08/11/2018 at 09:26, Jon the Hat said:

Ah my hubby applied on basis of ancestry rather than being married to me so that may have been why I thought that. That's good to know!

• Like 1

So who is still waiting?!

Katie Bobbles you got asked the same as me. Where been on last 10 years and residential addresses. Even though it was on form. I'm now panicked I missed something.... My husband had bokdiays without me but they were stag dos and a family catch up I had to miss because of no annual leave. Hope that's not messing us up. 

Jon I'm assuming no news for you either?

It's so hard. Its reassuring others are getting theirs through but has made me so much more anxious. 

Well guess we just have to hang on in there. 

Bit of a pointless post but there we go! 

Still waiting here too dondons, although we are waiting on police certs so we are sort of on hold until they come through. The AFP one was done on the same day we applied but the NZ one is apparently likely to take the full 28 days! It's so frustrating seeing a load of grants come through and know we aren't even in the running at the moment! 

Edited by BacktoOz83

Hey@dondons1uk
Yeh dont worry you are not alone we are having a similar panic. Uploaded additional docs basically straight away then not a peep. My status moved on to Further assesment and now just waiting again.
I am also worrying should I have explained more than what they asked ... I just answered the question in the email. There was a pop up after I pressed the submit button ... now can't remember what it said, did we press the right thing.... back to not knowing.
Just have to stay positive and hope they come back to us soon ..... it's not a pointless post we are all just wanting good news is all ..... fingers crossed we hear soon

1 hour ago, Katiebobbles said:

Hey@dondons1uk
Yeh dont worry you are not alone we are having a similar panic. Uploaded additional docs basically straight away then not a peep. My status moved on to Further assesment and now just waiting again.
I am also worrying should I have explained more than what they asked ... I just answered the question in the email. There was a pop up after I pressed the submit button ... now can't remember what it said, did we press the right thing.... back to not knowing.
Just have to stay positive and hope they come back to us soon ..... it's not a pointless post we are all just wanting good news is all ..... fingers crossed we hear soon

Applied in early June and not heard a peep so far, which is a bit rubbish. I’d like to at least have some movement, even if it’s just asking questions, but nothing. I fly out in 3 weeks and hoped to have had the visa to activate it by then, got hopeful when I saw that a lot were being granted. Looks like I shall be going on a tourist visa for the month and have to fly back when I get 309/100 granted as it stands. 

5 hours ago, dondons1uk said:

So who is still waiting?!

Katie Bobbles you got asked the same as me. Where been on last 10 years and residential addresses. Even though it was on form. I'm now panicked I missed something.... My husband had bokdiays without me but they were stag dos and a family catch up I had to miss because of no annual leave. Hope that's not messing us up. 

Jon I'm assuming no news for you either?

It's so hard. Its reassuring others are getting theirs through but has made me so much more anxious. 

Well guess we just have to hang on in there. 

Bit of a pointless post but there we go! 

We’re still waiting too and not a peep from our agent. From a screenshot of my hubby’s application, it’s still on “received.” Sooo excruciating waiting! 7 months now but should be soon-ish....I hope!! One day we may look back at this as a distant memory but now it feels really relevant and painful!! 

Morning,

Me again with probably another silly question!

We are flying out mid January, im hoping our visas will of arrived by then, I was looking at the 600 but noticed our normal tourist visas are valid till end of May. Could we just go over on that or will it of been cancelled by the 309/100 application?

26 minutes ago, Katiebobbles said:

Hey Sydneybound
I'm sure you know but you don't have to fly back to the UK when it's granted. You just have to leave the country...... you could have a weekend in Bali and activate on your way back in. As long as you leave Australia .... sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs

I wish! I am going for month to prep move. I have to be back at work in Jan, so I cannot stay in Oz until I do another 6 months due to contract. I just want to activate the visa in December, which means I don’t have to rush to get there and don’t have to worry about new police checks or medical stuff. Work will not give me anymore time off to fly out, I had to accept a month unpaid leave to get this month. 😕

29 minutes ago, ZoeHoulding said:

Morning,

We are flying out mid January, im hoping our visas will of arrived by then, I was looking at the 600 but noticed our normal tourist visas are valid till end of May. Could we just go over on that or will it of been cancelled by the 309/100 application?

I don’t think the visa is cancelled, you just get notification of when you have to activate the other visa. 

21 minutes ago, Egorfester said:

We are also waiting for our 309/100 applied end of June. We have had no contact so far, no request for further information. I am hoping to reapply for my normal tourist visa shortly as I will go out for a visit end of December through January and again end of March 🙂

18 minutes ago, GB1978 said:

I'm still waiting too! Applied 25th June, front loaded. No contact so far but taking some hope from the recent successes on this thread! Fingers crossed!

I’m 4th June, I preloaded everything in the hope that it would be faster. Turns out I could have taken my time. I keep adding stuff when I think it’s pertinent. 

1 hour ago, ZoeHoulding said:

Morning,

Applying for the Spouse Visa wil not cancel any existing tourist visa. It will only be cancelled once the Spouse Visa has been granted and validated

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ATE said:

Still waiting here. Applied mid may, currently travelling to Melbourne for work. They want the visa by jan 1st or job might go 😞

Damn, sorry to hear that. I think you’ll get it by Jan on current form. I expect mine to be done by then, we’ll I live in hope.