Nice to see everyone getting there visas. Looking more like 2 years for mine. 
Here was my post from April  have appealed the decision in June with the AAT but been told will take up to 18 months to get a court date for the appeal then go from there I guess  whole thing been a nightmare 

Hi all. 
Ok so I applied for my partner visa on the 6th March 2018, my Mara agent sent all the supporting evidence along with the visa application and as far as we knew all was great 
after 4 weeks we received an email from the embassy with a refusal letter stating they hadn’t got any of the supporting evidence 
there was a note on the log in page on the immi account that some clients were experiencing technical difficulties uploading documents but as far as my agent saw everything had been uploaded 
We applied for a refund to which they refused that  we are now in the process of appeal  it has been 2 months since we sent the documents off 
has anyone got any experience in this section with regards to how long the appeal will take   
We feel like after paying £5.5k not one person at the embassy has even looked at our application and due to an error there end we are suffering because of thus 
The whole situation is terrible the way the embassy have dealt with us  and to see on this forum someone else applied a month before us and they were approved within 23 calendar days 

This is truly shocking Ben. I really hope with all the advice and support you can get this sorted out and quickly.

I finally moved on to initial assessment today.

They requested the following from me:

list of addresses for last 10 years

countries I have lived in for more than 12 months.

(I’ve competed this already)

From my partner:

evidence of her British citizenship (passport is not enough, so we attached her long form birth certificate, which shows her father was born in Africa in the 50’s which was part of the British empire and he automatically got citizenship through his parents,  and later became a £10 Pom). This does not seem to be enough. 

They also requested she completed a 40sp.

So, two questions:

how do I send the bloody proof to them? (I know 40sp can be attached to the application) do I attach rest as well? 

What do I do about the birth certificate issue? Point out that Kenya was part of the empire at that time?

what a faff! 

SB

• Like 1

On 12/11/2018 at 14:03, Jon the Hat said:

12:07 pm, then 12:08 PM today... 309 visa and 100 Visa GRANTED!!!!  

9 Months and 20 days!!!!  WOOHOO! Australia here we come!!!!!!

AMAZING! Well done Jon. So thrilled for you. Thanks for all your help and fantastic news! Gems 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ATE said:

Fingers Crossed! Thank you. Just checking was this for the sponsor or the applicant? My partner (the sponsors) AFP took 24 hours.  

Ah, as I have never lived in Aus only visited for extended periods I never needed one. I’d assume it’s the same though. No reason there would be a difference. 

Quick q: when asked for more info, where did you send/upload the info? On the attachment page? 

Just now, SydneyBound said:

Ah, as I have never lived in Aus only visited for extended periods I never needed one. I’d assume it’s the same though. No reason there would be a difference. 

Quick q: when asked for more info, where did you send/upload the info? On the attachment page? 

Sorry not sure as we just sent all the additional evidence to our Agent to upload.

Hi all, 
Additional evidence has been uploaded and I'm now waiting for my AFP check, how long did it take for other people? I called them yesterday and they said it could be up to 25 working days [emoji20]

Mine took just over a week, we had an acknowledgement email once we applied and they said it had been despatched that day, I doubt you’ll have to wait that long.

Hiya,

There’s a section on the applicant and sponsors page that says ‘additional documents’ I would add it there if it doesn’t fall under any of the other categories ... as long as you have a clear file name they can identify it by you should be fine.

26 minutes ago, mhaffie said:

Hiya,

There’s a section on the applicant and sponsors page that says ‘additional documents’ I would add it there if it doesn’t fall under any of the other categories ... as long as you have a clear file name they can identify it by you should be fine.

Thanks, the missus has decided to open her own immi account and do the 40sp that way. We did the single app, with both sponsor and myself on it, she’s being difficult. 😉

I have attached as houve said. Cheers for that. 

SB

Thanks, the missus has decided to open her own immi account and do the 40sp that way. We did the single app, with both sponsor and myself on it, she’s being difficult. [emoji6]

I have attached as houve said. Cheers for that. 
SB

[emoji3] good move, it’s best not to upset the missus, good luck with the rest of the process.

3 hours ago, mhaffie said:

Mine took just over a week, we had an acknowledgement email once we applied and they said it had been despatched that day, I doubt you’ll have to wait that long.

Thanks Mhaffie, and were you the applicant or the sponsor ? 

Hi all, 
Additional evidence has been uploaded and I'm now waiting for my AFP check, how long did it take for other people? I called them yesterday and they said it could be up to 25 working days [emoji20]

My husband's who is the sponsor took 15 days.
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, TickledDragon said:

Not a 309, but our prospective marriage visa was granted today! 

We applied on 31st May, and got the grant email at 12.30pm today. We front loaded, and have had no contact until now - we were still on 'received' as of yesterday evening. 

Now to start planning! 

Congratulations!

Not a 309, but our prospective marriage visa was granted today! 
We applied on 31st May, and got the grant email at 12.30pm today. We front loaded, and have had no contact until now - we were still on 'received' as of yesterday evening. 
Now to start planning! 
Congrats .... nice to see visas still processing ..... keeps the faith alive for those of us still waiting

22 hours ago, mhaffie said:

Hiya,

Thanks again, I have sent the requested information. I attached the evidence to my application under sponsor attachments and added a letter explaining. Missus completed an online 40sp through a seperate immi account (letter requested this, don’t know if it’s correct) and referenced TRN. 

Fingers crossed its it’s all right.

SB

Edited by SydneyBound
Wring

Thanks again, I have sent the requested information. I attached the evidence to my application under sponsor attachments and added a letter explaining. Missus completed an online 40sp through a seperate immi account (letter requested this, don’t know if it’s correct) and referenced TRN. 

Fingers crossed its it’s all right.

SB

Hi SB

I’m sure you’ll be fine as long as you have referenced the TRN so they can link the applications....was there a button at the bottom of your attachments page that you had to press to confirm you had supplied the additional info?

7 minutes ago, mhaffie said:

Hi SB

I’m sure you’ll be fine as long as you have referenced the TRN so they can link the applications....was there a button at the bottom of your attachments page that you had to press to confirm you had supplied the additional info?

Yes, there was a button and then a warning. Thanks for checking. I clicked and clicked again. 

• Like 1