It gave me a warning saying that they would process the application based on the information provided and the 28 days would no longer apply. 

Yes that does sound familiar. It all happens so quickly and no record which unnerves me. I even worry the attachments won't display correctly or not be high enough resolution but I'm probably worrying unnecessarily.

17 minutes ago, laf said:

Yes that does sound familiar. It all happens so quickly and no record which unnerves me. I even worry the attachments won't display correctly or not be high enough resolution but I'm probably worrying unnecessarily.

Yes, I am worried too. It seems to be perfectly normal. Ha

how long ago did you update the info? 

18 minutes ago, laf said:

I'm.so stressed about it. I can't even log in as all through an agent and I don't want to harass them. Seeing Ben's situation has made me super paranoid. 

I can't get my mind off waiting for this visa. I hate my life being in the hands of someone in this way. 

25 minutes ago, dondons1uk said:

I'm.so stressed about it. I can't even log in as all through an agent and I don't want to harass them. Seeing Ben's situation has made me super paranoid. 

I can't get my mind off waiting for this visa. I hate my life being in the hands of someone in this way. 

I’m lucky, we did our ourselves. My Mrs is a very experienced lawyer and I’ve just qualified so we’re pretty good with documents and evidence, but it was still a bit of a ball ache. The agent thing would have driven me to distraction. 

The worst part is the guessing, is it enough? Every time.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, dondons1uk said:

Using an agent should really take the pressure off and give you confidence but it seems even they can mess up.

Just now, SydneyBound said:

10 days? Damn! I was hoping for a quick turn around with mine. Did you have a lot to provide or was it straight forward? 

Just my husband (my sponsor's) UK and Aus police checks. I'd already provided my UK check. Who knows whether everything is ready to go once they have those.

1 minute ago, SydneyBound said:

And you provided them 10 days ago or are you still waiting on the one? 

I uploaded the Aus one a few days earlier followed by the UK one on the 4th when I clicked the button to finalise the application.

27 minutes ago, laf said:

I uploaded the Aus one a few days earlier followed by the UK one on the 4th when I clicked the button to finalise the application.

Would have expected it to be quick at that point it’s two simple forms. Strange,  and doesn’t bode well for me as mine was a complex request. 

Would have expected it to be quick at that point it’s two simple forms. Strange,  and doesn’t bode well for me as mine was a complex request. 

Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the method or speed they process individual applications.

1 hour ago, SydneyBound said:

I suppose I shall have to hope that it’s done quick. I fly in 17 days and hoped to activate it then. 

My request was for addresses and holidays past 10 years. I think because my address is now Australia so wanted my holiday list updated. Submitted 7 days ok

They must have a case management system; once they ask you for additional info, it goes into a holding queue until the time given is up or you click the button;  then back into another queue awaiting further assessment, so even if it is very simple, they still have to get back to it to look at the new evidence.

We had 7 days to reply from a request on the 30th ..... now 16 days since uploading (did on the same day) and not a word.... I guess we are in a holding pile waiting to be re-assesed.
I agreed seeing rejections is concerning but we have to hope that asking for more info means the initial assesment was ok and this is just dotting the i's and crossing the t's... that's what I am telling myself anyway ... still 🤞

1 hour ago, Katiebobbles said:

We had 7 days to reply from a request on the 30th ..... now 16 days since uploading (did on the same day) and not a word.... I guess we are in a holding pile waiting to be re-assesed.
I agreed seeing rejections is concerning but we have to hope that asking for more info means the initial assesment was ok and this is just dotting the i's and crossing the t's... that's what I am telling myself anyway ... still 🤞

Well it certainly means the rest of your documents are all there, else they would have asked for everything or rejected it.

Yea like mine because they didn’t recieve anything although over 50 docs were sent they just outright refused our visa. Why they can’t just send generic email saying documents outstanding you have 7 days to respond is beyond me. Especially as it did documents submitted. All you think is it’s all received then next thing you know is you get a refusal. Utterly disgusting from embassy end. We having a nightmare 

• Like 1