So confusing! I called the IMMI help line and the guy was as equally confused and told me to do both just in case. Ah! I just don’t want there to be hiccups to delay this thing even more. Let you know how I go anyway. 

I certainly hope it wasn't necessary to apply to the email as I didn't! We just attached them to the sponsor's application and pressed the grey button! I'm still waiting. I think successful applicants can confirm you don't need to.

So confusing! I called the IMMI help line and the guy was as equally confused and told me to do both just in case. Ah! I just don’t want there to be hiccups to delay this thing even more. Let you know how I go anyway. 

Hi Anda,

I never responded to the email just followed the same procedure as Laf, adding evidence to sponsors page and pressing grey button, I’ve been approved without any problems, hope this helps.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, laf said:

I certainly hope it wasn't necessary to apply to the email as I didn't! We just attached them to the sponsor's application and pressed the grey button! I'm still waiting. I think successful applicants can confirm you don't need to.

Sorry "reply" not apply!  Autocorrect issues!

So you gorgeous people

It is Sunday night in Oz and am about to start my next week of worrying and waiting and wondering.  Hands up who thinks this week may be the week for them 😆

In my mind I've decided to try and not think about it until December as that's when the 28 days given to me to respond to the request for further info is up and in my mind the case worker has just set a review at the end of those 28 days......  

I will of course still wake up every morning and turn first to my emails to see if there is any news 🙃

• Like 1

Lol.... I heard on a forum ages ago (before I applied) someone believed that there were more 309s granted at the start and end if the month ...... so I have now resigned myself to not hearing until then .... I mean if they want to prove me wrong and send me a golden email today I am not against that ... in these cases I like being wrong!!!!.... but for my sanity I am choosing to believe that.
I have to say since having the request I have found myself being a little all consumed by this and I have to go back to the previous mindset of just wait to see when we hear from them. I am getting into some right states of what if there is a problem, should I have done more ..... there is nothing to be done now I just have to trust I gave enough to prove we are genuine (I mean if you met my hubby you would know it is ... No way you have 8 years and a sprog together for a visa ..... there are easier ways in (And shorter life sentences!!!🤣🤣))
But it's so hard that someone you never meet and never talk to can hold your whole future in their hands ....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Katiebobbles said:

Lol.... I heard on a forum ages ago (before I applied) someone believed that there were more 309s granted at the start and end if the month ...... so I have now resigned myself to not hearing until then .... I mean if they want to prove me wrong and send me a golden email today I am not against that ... in these cases I like being wrong!!!!.... but for my sanity I am choosing to believe that.
I have to say since having the request I have found myself being a little all consumed by this and I have to go back to the previous mindset of just wait to see when we hear from them. I am getting into some right states of what if there is a problem, should I have done more ..... there is nothing to be done now I just have to trust I gave enough to prove we are genuine (I mean if you met my hubby you would know it is ... No way you have 8 years and a sprog together for a visa ..... there are easier ways in (And shorter life sentences!!!🤣🤣))
But it's so hard that someone you never meet and never talk to can hold your whole future in their hands ....

Hahaha made me laugh a lot.  There are definitely easier ways!!!  I agree since having the request for further info I've been much more consumed by it all which is why I need a step back now.  

How interesting about the start/end of the month thing.  I guess if they have targets to meet that would make sense.  But agreed,,,, would love to be the exception that proves the rule 😋

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Katiebobbles said:

Katie I have noticed that too and when I read someone else had, I felt completely validated ha! Yes there was definitely a trend for UK visas at the end/beginning of the month, almost like clockwork for a while. I am kind of hoping that there is some weird process in which they do all their reading processing out in the middle and then approvals in one go, so all of us who have had requests for info will come through in one great lot soon! At the very least the new processing times should be published soon and will have hopefully come down again.

• Like 1

Has anyone had there saving etc checked for a partner visa and if I don’t have savings will this be an issue as we are moving in with the in-laws when we move and I will have a job already lined up for when we get approved. 

Hi Ben34uk

We were never asked to provide any proof of savings, however we did submit proof of current earnings. I don’t think evidence of savings is a requirement for this visa, my visa was granted without it.
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ben34uk said:

Has anyone had there saving etc checked for a partner visa and if I don’t have savings will this be an issue as we are moving in with the in-laws when we move and I will have a job already lined up for when we get approved. 

We provided details of income in the form of P.60s.  We also provided a savings' account statement but this wasn't requested and was just one of the items of evidence to show we had joint finances.

On 16/11/2018 at 23:32, KitCat said:

We’ve also just submitted at the end of October and just completed medicals. I’m expecting that they won’t get to our applications until Mar/Apr next year at the absolute earliest...

All this Brexit chaos makes me hope it’s sooner rather than later though! 

Let’s pray that the applications are speeding up! Me and my partner our hopeful that we can get to Sydney before my birthday in June so we are keeping our fingers crossed! 

Just out of interest did you have to phone up to book medicals? 

I know this brexit stuff is chaos!

• Like 1

Yes when I was issued with a HAP ID I phoned my nearest authorised doctors' practice to make an appointment which was booked in for only a few days later.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, laf said:

Yes when I was issued with a HAP ID I phoned my nearest authorised doctors' practice to make an appointment which was booked in for only a few days later.

Ah ok, when do they issue you with the HAP ID, it just says for me book my medicals in on my visa home page?

That’s great Thankyou so much. Going to be a while for us yet as we currently waiting for date for the appeal so going to be a while 

I hope your appeal goes well and you don’t have to wait too long, it’s been quite an ordeal for you, very unfair, keep us informed of any developments and good luck [emoji4]

2 hours ago, samie97 said:

Let’s pray that the applications are speeding up! Me and my partner our hopeful that we can get to Sydney before my birthday in June so we are keeping our fingers crossed! 

Fingers crossed! As laf mentioned re the medicals, once you download the HAP ID form, you can call up and book your appointment using the ID. Only takes a few days to get an appointment :).

On 18/11/2018 at 19:59, dondons1uk said:

So you gorgeous people

It is Sunday night in Oz and am about to start my next week of worrying and waiting and wondering.  Hands up who thinks this week may be the week for them 😆

In my mind I've decided to try and not think about it until December as that's when the 28 days given to me to respond to the request for further info is up and in my mind the case worker has just set a review at the end of those 28 days......  

I will of course still wake up every morning and turn first to my emails to see if there is any news 🙃

I read this post the other day and secretly hoped that it would be our week. I didn’t want to jinx it and write anything, but we got our 309/100 tonight!! I’ve actually already arrived in aus now and my hubby (the applicant) is heading out in a couple of weeks! Thank goodness for that!! All the very best to everyone waiting. Fingers crossed that the waits are quick, boringly normal and that your lives in Aus are full of happiness.xx.

• Like 5

I read this post the other day and secretly hoped that it would be our week. I didn’t want to jinx it and write anything, but we got our 309/100 tonight!! I’ve actually already arrived in aus now and my hubby (the applicant) is heading out in a couple of weeks! Thank goodness for that!! All the very best to everyone waiting. Fingers crossed that the waits are quick, boringly normal and that your lives in Aus are full of happiness.xx.

Wonderful news, congratulations [emoji898]

1 hour ago, Askem81 said:

I read this post the other day and secretly hoped that it would be our week. I didn’t want to jinx it and write anything, but we got our 309/100 tonight!! I’ve actually already arrived in aus now and my hubby (the applicant) is heading out in a couple of weeks! Thank goodness for that!! All the very best to everyone waiting. Fingers crossed that the waits are quick, boringly normal and that your lives in Aus are full of happiness.xx

Many congratulations!  That's great news. 

1 hour ago, Askem81 said:

Fantastic news!!! So pleased for you xx