5 minutes ago, teamtopdeck said:

Hey guys! I am also a long time lurker (too lazy to sign up lol) but had to share we just had or 309 and 100 granted this afternoon from UK! 4.5 months from lodgement!!

I am Aussie (sponsor) and partner is from Mauritius. Long story short is that we moved to UK together as our onshore partner visa was refused in 2015 due to schedule 3 requirements. Finally worked up the courage and money lol to apply again and lodged July 5th. Front loaded and included all our refusal paperwork etc as well. We had help from Partner Visa Academy (highly recommended) but was not expecting it so quickly until we saw all of the approvals on this thread this week!

Thanks for giving us hope and best of luck with all your applications. Hard to hang in there but its all worth it in the end. xxx

I should add we are not married and no kids and have been together 5 years ❤️

Congratulations, that's so quick!

Hey guys! I am also a long time lurker (too lazy to sign up lol) but had to share we just had or 309 and 100 granted this afternoon from UK! 4.5 months from lodgement!!
I am Aussie (sponsor) and partner is from Mauritius. Long story short is that we moved to UK together as our onshore partner visa was refused in 2015 due to schedule 3 requirements. Finally worked up the courage and money lol to apply again and lodged July 5th. Front loaded and included all our refusal paperwork etc as well. We had help from Partner Visa Academy (highly recommended) but was not expecting it so quickly until we saw all of the approvals on this thread this week!
Thanks for giving us hope and best of luck with all your applications. Hard to hang in there but its all worth it in the end. xxx
I should add we are not married and no kids and have been together 5 years

Congratulation great news.

On 20/11/2018 at 16:08, Stoney said:

Hiya 

On your immiaccount you need to log a separate application from your sponsor.   Much of it mirrors your info and statements that you've got to provide about your relationship aspects.

It asks for he applicants case number and therefore links the two applications 

The heading is Family-sponsorship 

Hopefully that makes sense!

Sorry can I double check what you mean by this? I’m the sponsor and can’t see this separate application- worried I missed something now! 

12 minutes ago, KitCat said:

Sorry can I double check what you mean by this? I’m the sponsor and can’t see this separate application- worried I missed something now! 

KitCat I missed it too! Only found it from people mentioning it in here! I'm just in the process of doing mine now. It's almost the same as the applicants form but asks a bit more about the sponsor, including countries visited in last ten years. You can do it from your partners immi account, from memory you need to go to the menu and click family then you will find the "sponsor a partner" application option. 

Does anyone have any experience of applying for a tourist Visa while waiting for the partner Visa to get approved?

I applied for a tourist Visa about 3 days ago so my partner and I can travel back to Sydney over Christmas and New Years to visit her family and return to the UK after about 3 weeks, but the application is still just saying 'received'. It's been 3 days and I'm starting to worry because on Immi it says it should take 1 day to approve it.

I have applied for a tourist visa before and it got approved instantly so not sure what the hold up is...

3 hours ago, Ausgirl42 said:

KitCat I missed it too! Only found it from people mentioning it in here! I'm just in the process of doing mine now. It's almost the same as the applicants form but asks a bit more about the sponsor, including countries visited in last ten years. You can do it from your partners immi account, from memory you need to go to the menu and click family then you will find the "sponsor a partner" application option. 

3 hours ago, Ausgirl42 said:

I have no idea what's happening here.

I've got my name with a drop down menu which is where I upload all of the docs. I've then got my wife's (sponsor) name and a drop down for docs for her part including the 40sp form for her to fill in. This form has a 'where have you lived in the last 10 years question'.  Isn't this the same thing? 

Are you saying that my wife should have her own immi account? I get the impression that things are changing lots at the moment with the updates. Could this be the case or am I missing a really big section? 

9 minutes ago, Freo81 said:

I've got my name with a drop down menu which is where I upload all of the docs. I've then got my wife's (sponsor) name and a drop down for docs for her part including the 40sp form for her to fill in. This form has a 'where have you lived in the last 10 years question'.  Isn't this the same thing? 

Are you saying that my wife should have her own immi account? I get the impression that things are changing lots at the moment with the updates. Could this be the case or am I missing a really big section? 

My partner has her own Immi account. When I submitted my application I was given a transaction number and my partner applied for a 'sponsor' application on her account. You put the transaction number your application in the required field and it links the two applications together. 

It doesn't take too long to do at all, to be honest. The only additional information it asks for is your wifes travelk details for the last 10 years. 

9 minutes ago, samie97 said:

Does anyone have any experience of applying for a tourist Visa while waiting for the partner Visa to get approved?

I applied for a tourist Visa about 3 days ago so my partner and I can travel back to Sydney over Christmas and New Years to visit her family and return to the UK after about 3 weeks, but the application is still just saying 'received'. It's been 3 days and I'm starting to worry because on Immi it says it should take 1 day to approve it.

I have applied for a tourist visa before and it got approved instantly so not sure what the hold up is...

Hi Samie97,

I'm in a similar situation. (Long time lurker here posting for the first time..hello everyone :))

I'm flying to Australia next week mid-week, and since I heard back from Case Officer yesterday requesting more info (which I uploaded same day 21st Nov), I was planning on waiting until the day before my flight before I have to apply for the eVisa 651 in a vain hope that it gets approved in between. But after reading your post I'm a little anxious now as to whether I should just apply for the eVisa ASAP or not!

Question: If I travel to Australia on tourist eVisa 651 and I get the 309/100 approval over there, will I be able to activate it if I book a same day flight out/in e.g. to NZ? i.e. If I do that, will the border control activate it when I do my trip back from NZ and ignore my eVisa?

DoL: 17th June 2018 (Front Loaded)
Medical check completed: July 2018
Request for further information by Case Officer: 21st Nov 2018

5 minutes ago, Thisforumisalifesaver said:

Hi Samie97,

I'm in a similar situation. (Long time lurker here posting for the first time..hello everyone :))

I'm flying to Australia next week mid-week, and since I heard back from Case Officer yesterday requesting more info (which I uploaded same day 21st Nov), I was planning on waiting until the day before my flight before I have to apply for the eVisa 651 in a vain hope that it gets approved in between. But after reading your post I'm a little anxious now as to whether I should just apply for the eVisa ASAP or not!

Question: If I travel to Australia on tourist eVisa 651 and I get the 309/100 approval over there, will I be able to activate it if I book a same day flight out/in e.g. to NZ? i.e. If I do that, will the border control activate it when I do my trip back from NZ and ignore my eVisa?

DoL: 17th June 2018 (Front Loaded)
Medical check completed: July 2018
Request for further information by Case Officer: 21st Nov 2018

Hi 🙂

It's a strange one because I have applied for a visitor Visa in the past and it got approved almost instantly. Although this time is different for obvious reasons as I have submitted my application for Partner Visa.

I would advise maybe doing it before the day before your flight though just to safeguard yourself because mine still hasn't been approved and its been 3 working days now.

Let us know what you decide and good luck with the Visa 🙂

9 hours ago, samie97 said:

My partner has her own Immi account. When I submitted my application I was given a transaction number and my partner applied for a 'sponsor' application on her account. You put the transaction number your application in the required field and it links the two applications together. 

It doesn't take too long to do at all, to be honest. The only additional information it asks for is your wifes travelk details for the last 10 years. 

Hello! See the screen grab below.  The sponsor needs to do a separate application on the immiaccount and you can reference the application reference of the stage 1 that you will have already submitted.  I hope that helps!

Screenshot_20181122-210917_Chrome.jpg

21 hours ago, Freo81 said:

Freo81 it is an electronic version of the 40sp form, that you can link to the applicants application using either the same immi account as the applicant or a different one.  I'm sure that uploading the paper form of the 40sp is exactly the same, so don't panic.  I'm not even sure it is compulsory to fill out the 40sp anymore unless they request it!  All very confusing?!

15 hours ago, Stoney said:

Hello! See the screen grab below.  The sponsor needs to do a separate application on the immiaccount and you can reference the application reference of the stage 1 that you will have already submitted.  I hope that helps!

Screenshot_20181122-210917_Chrome.jpg

Thanks Stoney! So choose the first option under family and do a second application, linking to the one already in ImmiAccount... did not realise that was required at all!

Has anyone had their visa approved without filling out this form? Seems like it asks basically the same info (plus the sponsor's 10 year travel history).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Katiebobbles said:

@dondons1uk it's so hard waiting isn't it .... all I am holding onto is as long as grants are coming through they are still working the pile ..... I would worry more if the grants dry up .....
All crossed for us all

Looks like us peeps who needed to send further info are in for a bit of a wait. I know some have been waiting an age, I had hoped that it would have been sooner. I spoke to someone who had to wait another four months at the further assessment phase (My Mrs cousins partner) 😕 

10 minutes ago, SydneyBound said:

Looks like us peeps who needed to send further info are in for a bit of a wait. I know some have been waiting an age, I had hoped that it would have been sooner. I spoke to someone who had to wait another four months at the further assessment phase (My Mrs cousins partner) 😕 

Was that over the new year period though? Hopefully they'll process through all of you in the next few weeks ahead of the Christmas break!

On 22/11/2018 at 11:53, samie97 said:

Hi 🙂

It's a strange one because I have applied for a visitor Visa in the past and it got approved almost instantly. Although this time is different for obvious reasons as I have submitted my application for Partner Visa.

I would advise maybe doing it before the day before your flight though just to safeguard yourself because mine still hasn't been approved and its been 3 working days now.

Let us know what you decide and good luck with the Visa 🙂

Hi,

...so I decided to be on the cautious side and tried to apply for the eVisitor 651 today (while I wait for the 309/100 decision) as I'm planning to visit Oz next week for a month...

For some reason it would not let me proceed after I've entered all my details, instead came up with an error message..

"Australian citizens are not eligible to use this service. You are unable to make an application for an eVisitor."

...What?!? Is this error message showing because they have flagged in the system that I'm applying for a 309/100 somehow? I'm definitely not an Australian citizen (although it would be nice!). 

Does anyone know what I should do next as I obviously been granted the 309/100 yet (still in "Further assessment" stage), but they won't let me apply for this eVisitor? Should I try another tourist visa i.e. ETA 601 instead? I'm anxious as my flight is coming Wednesday. 

(I'm in British Citizen and had this previously had an eVisitor approved in the past years ago without issue)

Thanks.

34 minutes ago, Thisforumisalifesaver said:

Hi,

...so I decided to be on the cautious side and tried to apply for the eVisitor 651 today (while I wait for the 309/100 decision) as I'm planning to visit Oz next week for a month...

For some reason it would not let me proceed after I've entered all my details, instead came up with an error message..

"Australian citizens are not eligible to use this service. You are unable to make an application for an eVisitor."

...What?!? Is this error message showing because they have flagged in the system that I'm applying for a 309/100 somehow? I'm definitely not an Australian citizen (although it would be nice!). 

Does anyone know what I should do next as I obviously been granted the 309/100 yet (still in "Further assessment" stage), but they won't let me apply for this eVisitor? Should I try another tourist visa i.e. ETA 601 instead? I'm anxious as my flight is coming Wednesday. 

(I'm in British Citizen and had this previously had an eVisitor approved in the past years ago without issue)

Thanks.

If it was me I'd phone the Helpline for advice as it's too risky to make the wrong decision!

5 hours ago, KitCat said:

Thanks Stoney! So choose the first option under family and do a second application, linking to the one already in ImmiAccount... did not realise that was required at all!

Has anyone had their visa approved without filling out this form? Seems like it asks basically the same info (plus the sponsor's 10 year travel history).

You're welcome KitCat!

My understanding is that completing this linked application is essentially replacing the 40sp form electronically. 

Whilst I'm no expert we went through and got the 100 visa without query so hopefully that's a good sign.

Good luck!

On 23/11/2018 at 16:00, Thisforumisalifesaver said:

Hi,

Thanks.

Did you speak to anybody about this? Ive got my fingers crossed that your grant email is on its way xx

2 hours ago, ZoeHoulding said:

Did you speak to anybody about this? Ive got my fingers crossed that your grant email is on its way xx

Spoke to the Aus High Commisson on Friday...  apparently my profile on their system they've somehow incorrectly marked me as an Aussie citizen. They said it's a system issue at their end and sent a request to their processing team to correct my profile (back to UK citizen). What a howler! Anyways I'm hoping for them to drop me a call today/tomorrow so this is sorted out before my morning flight to Melbourne on 28th Nov. The chap on the phone said he's only ever seen this happen once before.. 

3 minutes ago, Thisforumisalifesaver said:

Spoke to the Aus High Commisson on Friday...  apparently my profile on their system they've somehow incorrectly marked me as an Aussie citizen. They said it's a system issue at their end and sent a request to their processing team to correct my profile (back to UK citizen). What a howler! Anyways I'm hoping for them to drop me a call today/tomorrow so this is sorted out before my morning flight to Melbourne on 28th Nov. The chap on the phone said he's only ever seen this happen once before.. 

Maybe it will also move your application to the top of the pile somehow too? Just approve it and be done with It? Fingers crossed! 

10 minutes ago, BacktoOz83 said:

Maybe it will also move your application to the top of the pile somehow too? Just approve it and be done with It? Fingers crossed! 

Thank you 🙂 I'm hoping they can approve it before year end. Not sure what the stats are in terms of time between further assessment date and grant date. Fingers crossed!

Got my IMMI s56 Request for More Information last Wednesday which is great news. I need to upload police checks and also my hubbie has to create his own account (like many others have commented already). I thought this was already superseded in my application as I hand completed the 40SP form and uploaded. Alas, I'll need to type it all up again....

Fingers and toes are crossed for those yet to still hear anything.....

• Like 2