6 minutes ago, laf said:

Should have done this a few years ago when it was $2.2 to the £.  Anyone like us wanting to sell up and buy a home in Aus will be seriously affected. Don't want to have to downgrade or move further out into the sticks 😔.

Very true, we are looking to buy in Sydney which is crazy prices at the moment. Need every penny we can get. We shall have to rent out our place for a while and rent in Sydney. 

14 minutes ago, SydneyBound said:

Very true, we are looking to buy in Sydney which is crazy prices at the moment. Need every penny we can get. We shall have to rent out our place for a while and rent in Sydney. 

We may have to weigh up the possibility of the exchange rate improving against ongoing price rises in Sydney and falls in the SE of England.

Update on my application: nothing happening. Still awaiting further assessment. Very annoyed that it wasn’t solved the first time. They asked me for things I’d already added but were missing from the application. 

Did anyone else add the 10 years residence thing, and countries visited in the application and they asked again at assessment? 

Oh well, let’s hope it’s all soon.

I feel for those who went through this with the agents and were refused due to the problems attaching docs. I would be so damn angry if it were me and I would be holding the agent to account. 

16 minutes ago, SydneyBound said:

Update on my application: nothing happening. Still awaiting further assessment. Very annoyed that it wasn’t solved the first time. They asked me for things I’d already added but were missing from the application. 

Did anyone else add the 10 years residence thing, and countries visited in the application and they asked again at assessment? 

Oh well, let’s hope it’s all soon.

I feel for those who went through this with the agents and were refused due to the problems attaching docs. I would be so damn angry if it were me and I would be holding the agent to account. 

It's so frustrating you can't check your attachments. My travel info. was very long and took all day to compile! Did you just re-attach the same documents?

It's been 29 days since the further information (police checks) were requested and 12 days since they were uploaded. I hope that means they will now review my application 😉

8 minutes ago, laf said:

It's so frustrating you can't check your attachments. My travel info. was very long and took all day to compile! Did you just re-attach the same documents?

It's been 29 days since the further information (police checks) were requested and 12 days since they were uploaded. I hope that means they will now review my application 😉

Basically I just wrote a cover letter explaining both, I reattached a birth certificate that was already on there and wrote a cover letter for that. 

I fly in 16 days with two days in Hong Kong, hope it comes before I land or I’m going to have to spend a few quid going to NZ for a few days. Boo!

2 minutes ago, SydneyBound said:

Basically I just wrote a cover letter explaining both, I reattached a birth certificate that was already on there and wrote a cover letter for that. 

I fly in 16 days with two days in Hong Kong, hope it comes before I land or I’m going to have to spend a few quid going to NZ for a few days. Boo!

I imagine the birth certificate was the acceptable format and high resolution? I only say that because I wonder if they say they haven't received things when it's actually not displaying how they want it.

Could be worse going to New Zealand to activate it but I'm sure you'll have enough to do and will still be suffering from jetlag. You might be lucky!

9 minutes ago, laf said:

I imagine the birth certificate was the acceptable format and high resolution? I only say that because I wonder if they say they haven't received things when it's actually not displaying how they want it.

Could be worse going to New Zealand to activate it but I'm sure you'll have enough to do and will still be suffering from jetlag. You might be lucky!

Thy wanted my partner (sponsor) to prove she had British citizenship status, I don’t know why they want that. We are not applying for British citizenship, she is an Aussie sponsoring me. So they asked for long birth certificate showing her parents, which was already there. Madness 

Well I tried to log in today and the whole site is down for maintenance so doubt we hear this week.

I know it's so hard. I wish there was an SLA that we knew (I'm sure they have one) that is from pressing the I have supplied all data button you will hear in 20-30 days ... that way we at least know when to expect they will loop back into the additional information .... unfortunately we are just continuing the waiting game ..... hopefully we hear soon ... as Jon said a few posts ago at least it wasn't a no .... so hopefully this is the last bit to finalise before the grant.

We gave the 10 years info on the form 80 I think from memory

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Katiebobbles said:

Well I tried to log in today and the whole site is down for maintenance so doubt we hear this week.

I know although some grants have come through at the weekend and during our night time. I thought all the UK applications were processed in London.

Edited by laf

Hey everyone!

My partner and I just submitted our visa yesterday! Applied with police checks and just booked medicals in too. Was such a stressful process but so glad it is all done now. Now it's a waiting game! Has anyone been waiting for an extensive period of time recently?  I'm hoping they are pushing the London Visas through quickly at the moment!

When we applied we we’re told to hold off with our police and medical as they only valid for 12 months and if the visa takes longer than this they are invalid and have to be done again. Glad we did as mine was refused after 5 weeks. So now in process of appeal due to them not getting any supporting evidence and back to square one. Bad enough being £6.5k down currently. Would have been more if I had done my medical and police check. 

4 minutes ago, Ben34uk said:

When we applied we we’re told to hold off with our police and medical as they only valid for 12 months and if the visa takes longer than this they are invalid and have to be done again. Glad we did as mine was refused after 5 weeks. So now in process of appeal due to them not getting any supporting evidence and back to square one. Bad enough being £6.5k down currently. Would have been more if I had done my medical and police check. 

The automated medical request comes up when you first apply so unless you're forewarned a lot of people think they're safe to carry out the medicals straight away and the visa will easily be granted within the processing times.

The police checks are a smaller outlay but unless every week counts with your application I think it's best to wait until asked in case of encountering serious problems like you're experiencing. They only take a few weeks. 

All a drop in the ocean of course compared to your massive issue. Really hope you have a reasonably successful outcome.

Hey everyone!

My partner and I just submitted our visa yesterday! Applied with police checks and just booked medicals in too. Was such a stressful process but so glad it is all done now. Now it's a waiting game! Has anyone been waiting for an extensive period of time recently?  I'm hoping they are pushing the London Visas through quickly at the moment!

They seem to be averaging 5-8 months at the moment.

8 hours ago, samie97 said:

Hey everyone!

We’ve also just submitted at the end of October and just completed medicals. I’m expecting that they won’t get to our applications until Mar/Apr next year at the absolute earliest...

All this Brexit chaos makes me hope it’s sooner rather than later though! 

30 minutes ago, KitCat said:

We’ve also just submitted at the end of October and just completed medicals. I’m expecting that they won’t get to our applications until Mar/Apr next year at the absolute earliest...

All this Brexit chaos makes me hope it’s sooner rather than later though! 

Hello both, 

there was massive lull for those who applied before summer but it seems to have sped right up in last month. You may be lucky and they get back to the 3-4 months they managed last year. 

17 hours ago, Ben34uk said:

I’ll be completely frank here Ben.  If my agent had failed for whatever reason to upload my supporting evidence, I would demand they resubmit at their expense. This is not your error, and using an agent should protect you from this sort of thing.  You should push a lot harder imo.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I’ll be completely frank here Ben.  If my agent had failed for whatever reason to upload my supporting evidence, I would demand they resubmit at their expense. This is not your error, and using an agent should protect you from this sort of thing.  You should push a lot harder imo.

I assume the agent is registered, so be interesting to hear the MARA view on it. 

• Like 1

Hi all! For everyone uploading police certificates and extra requested documents, did you also reply to the email of request or just upload on immiaccount and press the grey button? The email has a replyto: available and the letter says “you must respond to us in writing to the details provided below” on one page (but no details are actually provided) and then on another page it says do not reply by sending us the documents as we do not send a letter of receipt of documents and can delay your application. SO CONFUSING! 🤯