3 hours ago, karlapatrick said:

Hi there!

Long time lurker on this post. Just wanted to chip in to let you guys know that I just got my visa granted this morning! Both 309 and 100.

Great news Karla, you must be so pleased. Best of luck for your future life.

We also plan to live in Sydney, Lower North Shore, one of the most expensive parts so will be interesting to see what we can afford, especially with the poor exchange rate. 

Edited by laf

2 minutes ago, laf said:

Great news Karla, you must be so pleased. Best of luck for your future life.

We also plan to live in Sydney, Lower North Shore, one of the most expensive parts so will be interesting to see what we can afford, especially with the poor exchange rate. 

I have fallen in love with Lane Cove remotely I think.  Hopefully it is as nice when we get there!  It is perfectly between the job which hopefully will now materialize in Macquarie Park and the City.  As you say a very expensive area generally, but Lane Cove a little bit less nuts than Mosman area.

1 minute ago, Jon the Hat said:

I have fallen in love with Lane Cove remotely I think.  Hopefully it is as nice when we get there!  It is perfectly between the job which hopefully will now materialize in Macquarie Park and the City.  As you say a very expensive area generally, but Lane Cove a little bit less nuts than Mosman area.

So good you're in time for the new job. Yes Lane Cove's a great area. We also haven't been back there for many years but it's surrounded by lots of greenery and water which we love. We lived in a small unit in Mosman back in the day, could never afford a big enough place there now.

9 minutes ago, laf said:

So good you're in time for the new job. Yes Lane Cove's a great area. We also haven't been back there for many years but it's surrounded by lots of greenery and water which we love. We lived in a small unit in Mosman back in the day, could never afford a big enough place there now.

The one thing I have noticed when looking at Primary schools is the % of non English as first language pupils - which is a slight concern in some areas such as Chatswood, North Ryde etc.  I guess though the Chinese / Asian kids typically will have excellent English so I am probably reading too much into it, but Lane Cove / LC West Primary has a much lower %.

2 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

The one thing I have noticed when looking at Primary schools is the % of non English as first language pupils - which is a slight concern in some areas such as Chatswood, North Ryde etc.  I guess though the Chinese / Asian kids typically will have excellent English so I am probably reading too much into it, but Lane Cove / LC West Primary has a much lower %.

You would never know you were in Australia when walking around Chatswood and would definitely feel like a minority living there. Great if you like Asian food of course! Domain has a good suburb guide showing residents by ethnicity.

14 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

It has to be a matter of days LAF, they just need to come back to it and tick off the additional info!  I have everything crossed for you!

Thanks Jon. Like you I'm a bit paranoid that I've done something wrong even though it's only been 8 days since I completed my application.

22 minutes ago, laf said:

You would never know you were in Australia when walking around Chatswood and would definitely feel like a minority living there. Great if you like Asian food of course! Domain has a good suburb guide showing residents by ethnicity.

I’m sure the aboriginal people say exactly the same thing 😉 

• Haha 1

Nice to see everyone getting there visas. Looking more like 2 years for mine. 

Here was my post from April  have appealed the decision in June with the AAT but been told will take up to 18 months to get a court date for the appeal then go from there I guess  whole thing been a nightmare 

Hi all. 

Ok so I applied for my partner visa on the 6th March 2018, my Mara agent sent all the supporting evidence along with the visa application and as far as we knew all was great 

after 4 weeks we received an email from the embassy with a refusal letter stating they hadn’t got any of the supporting evidence 

there was a note on the log in page on the immi account that some clients were experiencing technical difficulties uploading documents but as far as my agent saw everything had been uploaded 

We applied for a refund to which they refused that  we are now in the process of appeal  it has been 2 months since we sent the documents off 

has anyone got any experience in this section with regards to how long the appeal will take   

We feel like after paying £5.5k not one person at the embassy has even looked at our application and due to an error there end we are suffering because of thus 

The whole situation is terrible the way the embassy have dealt with us  and to see on this forum someone else applied a month before us and they were approved within 23 calendar days 

1 hour ago, Ben34uk said:

Here was my post from April  have appealed the decision in June with the AAT but been told will take up to 18 months to get a court date for the appeal then go from there I guess  whole thing been a nightmare 

Hi all. 

Ok so I applied for my partner visa on the 6th March 2018, my Mara agent sent all the supporting evidence along with the visa application and as far as we knew all was great 

after 4 weeks we received an email from the embassy with a refusal letter stating they hadn’t got any of the supporting evidence 

there was a note on the log in page on the immi account that some clients were experiencing technical difficulties uploading documents but as far as my agent saw everything had been uploaded 

We applied for a refund to which they refused that  we are now in the process of appeal  it has been 2 months since we sent the documents off 

has anyone got any experience in this section with regards to how long the appeal will take   

We feel like after paying £5.5k not one person at the embassy has even looked at our application and due to an error there end we are suffering because of thus 

The whole situation is terrible the way the embassy have dealt with us  and to see on this forum someone else applied a month before us and they were approved within 23 calendar days 

Oh Ben, that’s is horrendous- I’m so sorry to hear how you’ve been treated. I wish there was something we could do to help. Keep asking advice and questions. Someone here may be able to offer a bit of useful info or advice that may help. You’re in my thoughts. X

2 minutes ago, Askem81 said:

Oh Ben, that’s is horrendous- I’m so sorry to hear how you’ve been treated. I wish there was something we could do to help. Keep asking advice and questions. Someone here may be able to offer a bit of useful info or advice that may help. You’re in my thoughts. X

I know been a nightmare just upsetting to see everyone getting there’s when it was the embassy’s fault ours was rejected as we didn’t get any notification they had not received any evidence from us when we did the upload. 

Dont know where we stand now until we hear about the appeal but been told could be up to 18 months until we hear anything on that. Then god knows how long after will be until we actually get the visa. Nightmare 

37 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Sorry to hear that Ben.  Is it worth considering applying again and suing your Agent for failing to properly represent you?

They should have exported evidence of the uploads in my view, not to do so looks pretty lame to be honest.

The agent did everything right. For some reason the uploads didn’t attach to the visa application but unfortunately we didn’t get any notification from the embassy that this was the case and they just refused us. But if a joke really. As when you do the appeal u get email confirmation of everything you upload.  Why they can’t do this for the actual visa is beyond me. 

We even used a Mara agent so the agent knows what they are doing as been doing there job for over 12 years. 

also £4K to reapply. So far has cost us £6.5k. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

12:07 pm, then 12:08 PM today... 309 visa and 100 Visa GRANTED!!!!  

9 Months and 20 days!!!!  WOOHOO! Australia here we come!!!!!!

Congratulations jon the hat and all others who have recently had good news!

Fingers crossed for the rest of us...just remember, each application they grant brings them one step closer to yours in the pile! 😀

Ben34uk your situation sounds hellish, I really hope you can get it sorted soon. This process is stressful (and expensive) enough without having to go through all that as well 😞

Edited by Ausgirl42
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

We will be close by this area in Marsfield :) will be great mix of leafy suburb but not too far to the city once the metro line is up and running hopefully

Morning all, 

I have just received the golden email. 309 visa signed off today. I have just booked a week holiday in bali to enable me to accept the visa as I am currently onshore. Timeline for those still waiting was front ended application on 10th April. Wife aussie and two kids joint nationality. Further info requested on 13th October. Visa signed off on 13th November.

Not a lot of partying I can do in Meekatharra tonight, but a relief nonetheless. All the best to those still waiting. 

• Like 7

Morning all, 
I have just received the golden email. 309 visa signed off today. I have just booked a week holiday in bali to enable me to accept the visa as I am currently onshore. Timeline for those still waiting was front ended application on 10th April. Wife aussie and two kids joint nationality. Further info requested on 13th October. Visa signed off on 13th November.
Not a lot of partying I can do in Meekatharra tonight, but a relief nonetheless. All the best to those still waiting. 

Congratulations wonderful news.

14 hours ago, Ben34uk said:

The agent did everything right. For some reason the uploads didn’t attach to the visa application but unfortunately we didn’t get any notification from the embassy that this was the case and they just refused us. But if a joke really. As when you do the appeal u get email confirmation of everything you upload.  Why they can’t do this for the actual visa is beyond me. 

We even used a Mara agent so the agent knows what they are doing as been doing there job for over 12 years. 

also £4K to reapply. So far has cost us £6.5k. 

Goodness that is so awful.  As much as it costs I would think reapplying would be quicker....

Hi Ben

17 hours ago, Ben34uk said:

Hi all. 

We are in exactly the same position as you, gave our docs to our agent who claims to have uploaded them in Dec 17 with our application and then in Feb it was refused. Agent didn't even realise it was refused until we prompted her to log in in April 18! We believe that she just didn't upload the documents and thought she would have more time or would get some kind of prompt from the Dept (perhaps about medicals etc) before she did so but they changed the way they were doing things and just started rejecting applications without supporting docs. Do you have any proof your agent did upload? Our agent has paid the fee to reapply and we did so in April 18. I plan to ask for a partial refund as well. Could you perhaps speak to another agent and ask how legitimate it is that there was just an IT error? Perhaps do a subject access request for info from the Dept of Immigration which may confirm no docs were uploaded. It is worth pursuing I think. Having outsourced the job of specifically uploading the documents, I would think an agent should keep screenshots or similar as proof that it has been done. You can look up the MARA agents code of conduct online too. It is hugely upsetting, we too feel as though we have been waiting forever but please don't be fobbed off by the agent, of course they will claim "IT issue. Also as with us now that you have had s visa refusal you will have to declare it if it is ever asked on future visa applications for other countries so it has serious implications aside from the money.

Best of luck x

1 hour ago, BacktoOz83 said:

Hi Ben

We are in exactly the same position as you, gave our docs to our agent who claims to have uploaded them in Dec 17 with our application and then in Feb it was refused. Agent didn't even realise it was refused until we prompted her to log in in April 18! We believe that she just didn't upload the documents and thought she would have more time or would get some kind of prompt from the Dept (perhaps about medicals etc) before she did so but they changed the way they were doing things and just started rejecting applications without supporting docs. Do you have any proof your agent did upload? Our agent has paid the fee to reapply and we did so in April 18. I plan to ask for a partial refund as well. Could you perhaps speak to another agent and ask how legitimate it is that there was just an IT error? Perhaps do a subject access request for info from the Dept of Immigration which may confirm no docs were uploaded. It is worth pursuing I think. Having outsourced the job of specifically uploading the documents, I would think an agent should keep screenshots or similar as proof that it has been done. You can look up the MARA agents code of conduct online too. It is hugely upsetting, we too feel as though we have been waiting forever but please don't be fobbed off by the agent, of course they will claim "IT issue. Also as with us now that you have had s visa refusal you will have to declare it if it is ever asked on future visa applications for other countries so it has serious implications aside from the money.

Best of luck x

Where was ur agent based in the UK and was she a Mara agent. What was your agents name.