21 hours ago, mppc said:

Thank you I wasn't sure I just don't want to get a FIR if I can help it - can ask how I request both for my husband or does the ARCO give you the option to do both at the same time? 

Thank you.  

Both you and your husband would need to apply for each police check individually. I doubt you can apply on somebody's behalf as it's sensitive data. 

You need to provide a digital passport photo and the name of someone they can contact to confirm your identity for an ACRO. Or that's what we both had to do.

3 hours ago, GemTrae said:

Both you and your husband would need to apply for each police check individually. I doubt you can apply on somebody's behalf as it's sensitive data. 

You need to provide a digital passport photo and the name of someone they can contact to confirm your identity for an ACRO. Or that's what we both had to do.

Hi GemTrae, thanks for the reply.  I have already applied for my check and its through scanned and updated - I am waiting on my husband to get back from working abroad to apply for his but as he has to request two checks (UK and Australian) I just wasn't sure if when he applies on the ARCO site if it gives the options of both or do we have to apply to another police organisation for each one?

9 minutes ago, mppc said:

Hi GemTrae, thanks for the reply.  I have already applied for my check and its through scanned and updated - I am waiting on my husband to get back from working abroad to apply for his but as he has to request two checks (UK and Australian) I just wasn't sure if when he applies on the ARCO site if it gives the options of both or do we have to apply to another police organisation for each one?

No. ACRO only covers UK police clearance. The Aus Federal clearance is applied for separately. Will see if I can find the link that immi sent us to use.

6 minutes ago, GemTrae said:

No. ACRO only covers UK police clearance. The Aus Federal clearance is applied for separately. Will see if I can find the link that immi sent us to use.

Thank you so much for you help, its such a confusing process and i hope to get as much uploaded as I can to save time. 

7 minutes ago, mppc said:

Thank you so much for you help, its such a confusing process and i hope to get as much uploaded as I can to save time. 

I've just had my Australian Police check through. It was as straightforward as the UK ACRO one. It took about 15 working days to arrive. I also asked them if they could send a copy to my family in Australia so they would receive it faster and then scan and upload it to me - just in case my copy got lost over the oceans somewhere! 

3 minutes ago, mia.oh.my said:

I've just had my Australian Police check through. It was as straightforward as the UK ACRO one. It took about 15 working days to arrive. I also asked them if they could send a copy to my family in Australia so they would receive it faster and then scan and upload it to me - just in case my copy got lost over the oceans somewhere! 

3 minutes ago, mia.oh.my said:

Thank you Mia - Fantastic - can you give me the name of the site you used so I we can request one too? 

A quick question which may have been answered already- we applied for the 309 visa on 31 October, and waiting patiently at the moment. 

We are actually travelling to Sydney for a 3 week holiday in April and without thinking much about it, applied for a 3 month tourist visa for my British partner which was granted immediately. 

If the 309 visa does come through before we fly, is there any issue with just cancelling the tourist visa? Do we need to notify immigration when we are in Australia in April/May in case the visa is granted? 

Sorry if I’ve missed the response to this question somewhere- I’ve seen people who are waiting onshore for their visas but for much longer periods, so not sure what the process is. 

On 27/02/2019 at 20:23, CEP said:

@ZoeHoulding we’re all behind you and can’t wait for you to be posting good news! You’re in the super efficient immi filing system 😜

@Kung-Fu Koala..... any update???

Nothing, there was some confusion with the no live trace on my police check and the agent didn't ask us or send immi the full details, they missed the date and fine value out and so it got sent back, we resubmitted all details straight away and been waiting since. 🙄

@KitCat your 309 won’t be granted while you are in Sydney. They will email you and ask you to leave Australia so that they can grant your visa. You then have to email them with the dates and country you will be visiting so that they can grant the visa once you have departed. 

Great to see so much movement out of London last week, congrats to everyone who got the big email! 

Quick question, has anyone had any issues with failing the medical?

Unfortunatley I fainted/collapsed the other evening, honestly probably just stood up too quick, went to the GP the next day and they found a heart murmur. This in itself I’m not too concerned about as most of the time they are entirely inocent. 

Had my medical today and of course had to mention the heart murmur, the doctor has said that the medical board at Australia house will probably ask for this to be investigated. My GP has referred me to a cardiologist. I’m hoping this doesn’t take too long to schedule an appointment but I’m not overly optimistic...

I was just wondering if anyone had a good idea of what you can actually be rejected for (in regards to the medical)? And also if anyone has had the experience of being asked for more medical testing and how the process went? I’m assuming that it will add a fair bit of time...

Hope to see some more movement for the rest of you this coming week!

57 minutes ago, t.f.s said:

Great to see so much movement out of London last week, congrats to everyone who got the big email! 

Quick question, has anyone had any issues with failing the medical?

Unfortunatley I fainted/collapsed the other evening, honestly probably just stood up too quick, went to the GP the next day and they found a heart murmur. This in itself I’m not too concerned about as most of the time they are entirely inocent. 

Had my medical today and of course had to mention the heart murmur, the doctor has said that the medical board at Australia house will probably ask for this to be investigated. My GP has referred me to a cardiologist. I’m hoping this doesn’t take too long to schedule an appointment but I’m not overly optimistic...

I was just wondering if anyone had a good idea of what you can actually be rejected for (in regards to the medical)? And also if anyone has had the experience of being asked for more medical testing and how the process went? I’m assuming that it will add a fair bit of time...

Hope to see some more movement for the rest of you this coming week!

Hi TFS,

I cant give you a specific answer just yet but I may experience a delay on medical grounds - I lodged my application at the end of November and did decided to do my medical the same week so that it could be pre-loaded - the urine test indicated that I had Diabetes...every thing else was fine. So, I was referred to my GP and I have a 3 month follow up blood test in a fortnight to see where I'm at  - hopefully my bloods will be normal again and I can ask my GP to put this in writing so I can upload,....but if not then I'm expecting it to delay everything when a case officer is assigned.

Looking at the wonderful spreadsheet that CEP  uploads, I could be just a few weeks away from an RFI - so I'll know more then and happy to share the news here.

In terms of pre-loading and just to change topic for a second,  have a question about pre-loading:

This week, I've applied for my police check and my wife (sponsor) has applied for the Australian and British police checks.

Medical was done back in November

I've uploaded my Form 80 and my Form 1221, my wife has completed her Form 40SP (we've also both done all the financial/relationship evidence etc) 

Is there anything else that people have done to try and eliminate any RFI's? 

Thanks,

1 hour ago, Bensmithoz said:

Hi TFS,

I cant give you a specific answer just yet but I may experience a delay on medical grounds - I lodged my application at the end of November and did decided to do my medical the same week so that it could be pre-loaded - the urine test indicated that I had Diabetes...every thing else was fine. So, I was referred to my GP and I have a 3 month follow up blood test in a fortnight to see where I'm at  - hopefully my bloods will be normal again and I can ask my GP to put this in writing so I can upload,....but if not then I'm expecting it to delay everything when a case officer is assigned.

Looking at the wonderful spreadsheet that CEP  uploads, I could be just a few weeks away from an RFI - so I'll know more then and happy to share the news here.

In terms of pre-loading and just to change topic for a second,  have a question about pre-loading:

This week, I've applied for my police check and my wife (sponsor) has applied for the Australian and British police checks.

Medical was done back in November

I've uploaded my Form 80 and my Form 1221, my wife has completed her Form 40SP (we've also both done all the financial/relationship evidence etc) 

Is there anything else that people have done to try and eliminate any RFI's? 

Thanks,

Hi @Bensmithoz

Have you got two references completed by people on the 888 form? We got these completed by Australians that fit the occupational criteria. Not saying it stops an RFI but every little helps...

Hello, been lurking here since we submitted our offshore application on the 10th of February 2019. I am Estonian living in the UK and my partner is Australian and British dual national by birth. We have done our police checks before hand (about a week after we submitted the application) and I did my medical on the 22nd of feb. Now it’s just waiting time for us, unless immi asks for more info. I feel like we have pretty strong evidence, been together 7 years and have a child together who is an Australian citizen so hopefully it will go smoothly for us too. 

Been so excited reading about people getting their approvals! Good luck to everyone still waiting. 😊

can we please be added to the spreadsheet 🤩

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LottyC said:

Hi @Bensmithoz

Have you got two references completed by people on the 888 form? We got these completed by Australians that fit the occupational criteria. Not saying it stops an RFI but every little helps...

Hi,

Yes, should have mentioned this, we've uploaded 2 of those, one from my sister-in-law who lives in Adelaide, and another from a lifelong friend who now lives in Perth (& is now also an Australian citizen) - both had them certified.

Thanks