6 hours ago, NCTSJ said:

I've just realised I said that I submitted in the future!
We applied 6 November 2018!! and the medical was submitted 26 November, 2018 x

Hi fellow November applicant!

we are also waiting for a response, the only document that I think we are outstanding is my wife’s Australian police check which in the post on the way to us... I’m kind of hoping that we get that uploaded before it has to be requested (so fingers crossed straight to Grant)

Have you submitted your police checks?

1 hour ago, Bensmithoz said:

Hi fellow November applicant!

we are also waiting for a response, the only document that I think we are outstanding is my wife’s Australian police check which in the post on the way to us... I’m kind of hoping that we get that uploaded before it has to be requested (so fingers crossed straight to Grant)

Have you submitted your police checks?

Hi Bensmithoz!

We submitted our Police Checks (Me: Australia and UK, Husband: Spain and UK) at the time we lodged.  I'm aware that if the visa runs past the 1 year stage I'll have to get these renewed - which is fine but I hope it doesn't take that long!

We got married in August, but my surname wasn't officially changed until earlier this year (it was an overseas marriage so I had to change my name on my birth certificate with BDM before I could change my passports, et al which took MONTHS) so I had to upload my new identification documents as well as my originals.  I'm not sure if I need a police check in my new name considering it's been in effect less than three months - anyone else changed their name (due to marriage) mid visa and have any advice on this?

I don't know if anyone else does this, but we do what we've called a 'monthly roundup' where each month we upload additional documents while the visa is being processed, such as emails, whatsapp chats (usually about super sexy stuff like buying food at the supermarket, or where things are 😂), instagram posts et al, to keep it up to date but also we are getting in a routine for the next visa stage which Im assuming is a bit more on your onus to keep up with (as in not a lot of immi prompting). It also makes us feel like we aren't just sitting around waiting - except that's basically all we are doing really! x

Not sure about the police checks in your new name....maybe someone on here can advise?

we should do the monthly roundup, as we haven’t really uploaded and further evidence of our ongoing relationship since November (together 17yrs, married 6, 2 kids) I’ll get on to that.

Hi Guys,

They have requested and RFI. They want my UK police check although I already have uploaded the most recent one. Do I get another one?

They have also asked for nature of the household for a period of time. Says sharing of housework. How the hell do I prove that?

Edited by Belfastchild

2 hours ago, Belfastchild said:

Hi Guys,

They have requested and RFI. They want my UK police check although I already have uploaded the most recent one. Do I get another one?

They have also asked for nature of the household for a period of time. Says sharing of housework. How the hell do I prove that?

I don't know if I'm right but in mine I said about our working hours time spent at home daily routine who makes dinner. I do most cleaning my husband does the DIY recycling bins ect. We collect my father for dinner on Wednesdays.  Husband gives me money for housekeeping ect and I printed ouut bank statement showing this. As I say I'm not 100% sure but that's what I done and dated signed it. Hope you are almost there now! Fingers crossed! 

Edited by mppc

15 hours ago, Belfastchild said:

Hi Guys,

That’s great that you’ve had some movement, although I’m not sure about what they’ve asked for. I wonder why they’re asking for your UK police check if you’ve already submitted it...strange?!

Did you fill in the section on the application about the nature of the household? If you did, then I’m not sure what they’re really asking for. 

I applied on the 28th October so really hoping that I hear something this week or next week 🤞

Hi, I've just joined and hoping i might be able to get some advise around what notification others are getting following the the 309 visa application being submitted.

to give an over view of my time line - 

• 309 visa lodged on the 27th Nov 2018 
  • All information front loaded 
  • Health examination 3rd January 2019 
  • Now awaiting for someone to make contact.....

How have others been contacted for RFI and Police checks, via email or through the IMMI portal in the application section? 

I just want to make sure i'm not missing anything and like others, I think i''m going mad from checking application everyday!

@Belfastchild That's odd they've asked you for another UK police check. Are all the names you've been known by on your certificate? I also thought they were asking for my UK police check again but it was on the checklist page, under my name, that it was a bit clearer and they weren't asking for it again. The letter is formatted in a confusing way! I never had any luck in getting through to a case officer previous to our grant but I think a few people have listed a contact number for the department on this thread.

@Bruce down under RFIs for police checks etc come through as an email (and will also be noted on your IMMI account). 

13 minutes ago, mia.oh.my said:

@Belfastchild That's odd they've asked you for another UK police check. Are all the names you've been known by on your certificate? I also thought they were asking for my UK police check again but it was on the checklist page, under my name, that it was a bit clearer and they weren't asking for it again. The letter is formatted in a confusing way! I never had any luck in getting through to a case officer previous to our grant but I think a few people have listed a contact number for the department on this thread.

@Bruce down under RFIs for police checks etc come through as an email (and will also be noted on your IMMI account). 

@mia.oh.my thanks for the information. I'll keep checking daily in that case. 

14 minutes ago, mia.oh.my said:

No same name. I added an update and told up them of a caution I received then got the police check after it seems to have been stepped down. So I am not sure they also seem to think I was in Malaysia for a year and want a police check I was there for 3 days. Seems like they haven’t read things thoroughly so a contact number would be great. 

@Belfastchild if I was you I would prepare a concise statement (just a typed word document) clearly responding to each of their queries/explaining the situation (ie: was only in Malaysia for 3 days), and sign and date it, with any relevant supporting docs attached to it.... the upload it as a pdf to your immi account.  You could even put a line in if relevant stating you have given them all the possible info you can think of to support their request and to please advise if there is anything additional they specifically require. We did this for our RFI where they asked for more evidence proving our relationship. After what we had given I was not sure what else we could possibly give (I even trawled through 7 years of social media and screenshot every picture or post of us together) so my partner,  the applicant, basically did a statement explaining the nature of our relationship (repeating info they already had) and signed it. Then we got our Visa.  At least you know someone is going to read it if you upload it as a document! 

12 minutes ago, Ausgirl42 said:

@Belfastchild if I was you I would prepare a concise statement (just a typed word document) clearly responding to each of their queries/explaining the situation (ie: was only in Malaysia for 3 days), and sign and date it, with any relevant supporting docs attached to it.... the upload it as a pdf to your immi account.  You could even put a line in if relevant stating you have given them all the possible info you can think of to support their request and to please advise if there is anything additional they specifically require. We did this for our RFI where they asked for more evidence proving our relationship. After what we had given I was not sure what else we could possibly give (I even trawled through 7 years of social media and screenshot every picture or post of us together) so my partner,  the applicant, basically did a statement explaining the nature of our relationship (repeating info they already had) and signed it. Then we got our Visa.  At least you know someone is going to read it if you upload it as a document! 

Super thanks for your help. My visa status hasn’t changed on my immi account do you I just load the documents up under additional info or under their category? 

Thanks again. 

12 hours ago, Bruce down under said:

Hi, I've just joined and hoping i might be able to get some advise around what notification others are getting following the the 309 visa application being submitted.

to give an over view of my time line - 

• 309 visa lodged on the 27th Nov 2018 
  • All information front loaded 
  • Health examination 3rd January 2019 
  • Now awaiting for someone to make contact.....

How have others been contacted for RFI and Police checks, via email or through the IMMI portal in the application section? 

I just want to make sure i'm not missing anything and like others, I think i''m going mad from checking application everyday!

Hi Bruce down under,

We applied November 6, 2019 and we haven't heard anything yet. I'll be shouting from the rooftops the moment we hear anything! I'm hoping that since the Octobers are coming through, it must almost be November's turn?

Hi everyone - I have a 40SP query I'm wondering if anyone can advise on (i've had a trawl though previous posts but haven't seen someone with my question - apologies if I've missed it!)

I didn't complete a 40SP because like others I was confused with if it was required...I've decided it's better to be safe than sorry so I started completing the form.

I'm a little bit confused with how to answer Part F, Q 51. When I moved to the UK six years ago I did so as a UK citizen. I also moved with my boyfriend at the time (Australian) who came on his own Tier 3 working visa. 2.5 years in and we applied for a partnership visa so he could continue for another 2 years in the UK, which was approved.  About 3 months in, our relationship ended (long story short he robbed me and racked up £17k+ of debt which I was responsible for since I was his sponsor). I notified the UK govt/Home Office straight away that the relationship had ended, and he was then put through the process of being removed/having to leave the UK.  Cut to now: the form states that it wants to know if you have sponsored a partner in migrating to Australia, of which the answer is no.  Q. 51 however asks if:

'Have you lodged any other sponsorship/nomination (other than the sponsorships/nominations you have recorded in Question 18) or signed a maintenance guarantee or an Assurance of Support?'

I don't know if I need to reference the UK sponsorship or not?  I don't want to do the wrong thing, but I also don't know if I need to/am supposed to make a note here? It also asks for a lot of information around the sponsorship and I don't have much since the relationship ended so badly and we completely lost touch.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated - anyone gone through something similar? 

10 hours ago, NCTSJ said:

Hi everyone - I have a 40SP query I'm wondering if anyone can advise on (i've had a trawl though previous posts but haven't seen someone with my question - apologies if I've missed it!)

I didn't complete a 40SP because like others I was confused with if it was required...I've decided it's better to be safe than sorry so I started completing the form.

I'm a little bit confused with how to answer Part F, Q 51. When I moved to the UK six years ago I did so as a UK citizen. I also moved with my boyfriend at the time (Australian) who came on his own Tier 3 working visa. 2.5 years in and we applied for a partnership visa so he could continue for another 2 years in the UK, which was approved.  About 3 months in, our relationship ended (long story short he robbed me and racked up £17k+ of debt which I was responsible for since I was his sponsor). I notified the UK govt/Home Office straight away that the relationship had ended, and he was then put through the process of being removed/having to leave the UK.  Cut to now: the form states that it wants to know if you have sponsored a partner in migrating to Australia, of which the answer is no.  Q. 51 however asks if:

'Have you lodged any other sponsorship/nomination (other than the sponsorships/nominations you have recorded in Question 18) or signed a maintenance guarantee or an Assurance of Support?'

I don't know if I need to reference the UK sponsorship or not?  I don't want to do the wrong thing, but I also don't know if I need to/am supposed to make a note here? It also asks for a lot of information around the sponsorship and I don't have much since the relationship ended so badly and we completely lost touch.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated - anyone gone through something similar? 

Isn’t the form 40sp done online now - it’s the sponsor application which they have to complete online (either through the applicants account, or by creating their own immi account). My understanding is that the paper version of the form used to be filled in before it was all transferred over to the new system of online applications only 🤔 Maybe I’m wrong, but we never filled in a paper version of this form.

11 hours ago, W2O said:

Isn’t the form 40sp done online now - it’s the sponsor application which they have to complete online (either through the applicants account, or by creating their own immi account). My understanding is that the paper version of the form used to be filled in before it was all transferred over to the new system of online applications only 🤔 Maybe I’m wrong, but we never filled in a paper version of this form.

Hi W20!
I'm in the visa hell where nothing makes sense anymore, and none of the questions make sense and everything I've done is wrong 🙃🙃🙃

I'm very happy not to do it - but it does come up as a recommended form - hence thinking it needed to be done.  

13 hours ago, NCTSJ said:

Hi W20!
I'm in the visa hell where nothing makes sense anymore, and none of the questions make sense and everything I've done is wrong 🙃🙃🙃

I'm very happy not to do it - but it does come up as a recommended form - hence thinking it needed to be done.  

Hi

The 40SP is online. My wife (the aussie) created her own immi account and went through to the sponsor form option. At the bottom of the online form you can see 40SP. 

When you enter the application number of 309/100 applicant it will then link it up for the case officer.

Fingers crossed for everyone. Still in the early stages here after submitting in early Feb. 

20 hours ago, NCTSJ said:

Hi W20!

Ha ha, I know that feeling - this whole process drives you nuts 🤪

35 minutes ago, W2O said:

Ha ha, I know that feeling - this whole process drives you nuts 🤪

It is a nightmare guys, thinking of you all tho it took us a year applied 22nd March 18 got my email 25th March this year, we did have a problem with my husband's police check tho, word of advice disclose everything even if you think doesn't matter anymore!! Good luck every one 🤞

• Like 1