19 hours ago, Jano said:

Hi everyone, my situation is bit complicated and I’m wondering if anyone has encountered the similar scenario and could please provide me with some advice. I was sponsored by my previous partner while we were in a de facto relationship, but our relationship broke down and I’ve withdrawn my partner visa and had applied to revoke the relationship at the Registey Births Death and marriage. I then met my current partner who’s also Australian citizen and we are very committed to each other and decided to apply for 300 perspective marriage visa. As there will most likely  be a new sponsor approval procedure added after 17/04/2019, we are thinking of applying before then to avoid even longer aparting time (long distance relationship is so painful). The only thing is that my previous relationship has not being fully deregistered as there’s a 90 days cool off period after the application to revoke a relationship. I’m not sure whether I can apply for 300 now while awaiting my relationship to be deregistered?

Sounds complicated Jano, maybe speak to a migration agent?

21 hours ago, Jano said:

Hi everyone, my situation is bit complicated and I’m wondering if anyone has encountered the similar scenario and could please provide me with some advice. I was sponsored by my previous partner while we were in a de facto relationship, but our relationship broke down and I’ve withdrawn my partner visa and had applied to revoke the relationship at the Registey Births Death and marriage. I then met my current partner who’s also Australian citizen and we are very committed to each other and decided to apply for 300 perspective marriage visa. As there will most likely  be a new sponsor approval procedure added after 17/04/2019, we are thinking of applying before then to avoid even longer aparting time (long distance relationship is so painful). The only thing is that my previous relationship has not being fully deregistered as there’s a 90 days cool off period after the application to revoke a relationship. I’m not sure whether I can apply for 300 now while awaiting my relationship to be deregistered?

To apply for a Prospective Marriage Visa you must be offshore, and must be free to marry your fiance. You cannot apply if you are still officially in a relationship with someone else. 

Hi Nemesis, thank you for your reply. I’m currently offshore and have already obtained the notice of intention to marriage certificate with my partner, so technically I assume I’m free to marry my fiancé. It’s just right now my domestic relationship with my ex boyfriend will take roughly another 20 days to deregister as I had applied to revoke the relationship at the end of Jan and it take 90 days to deregister. Not sure if I will be considered single now.

1 hour ago, Nemesis said:

To apply for a Prospective Marriage Visa you must be offshore, and must be free to marry your fiance. You cannot apply if you are still officially in a relationship with someone else. 

Hi Nemesis, thank you for your reply. I’m currently offshore and have already obtained the notice of intention to marriage certificate with my partner, so technically I assume I’m free to marry my fiancé. It’s just right now my domestic relationship with my ex boyfriend will take roughly another 20 days to deregister as I had applied to revoke the relationship at the end of Jan and it take 90 days to deregister. Not sure if I will be considered single now.

2 hours ago, Jano said:

Hi Nemesis, thank you for your reply. I’m currently offshore and have already obtained the notice of intention to marriage certificate with my partner, so technically I assume I’m free to marry my fiancé. It’s just right now my domestic relationship with my ex boyfriend will take roughly another 20 days to deregister as I had applied to revoke the relationship at the end of Jan and it take 90 days to deregister. Not sure if I will be considered single now.

Did you tell the celebrant who signed the NOIM that you are still waiting for the deregistration? 

My understanding was that you are not free to marry until the deregistration is complete, but if a celebrant has signed to say you are free, then maybe things have changed. However, in your shoes I would now be consulting an agent before stating on the 300 application that you are free to marry.

9 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

Did you tell the celebrant who signed the NOIM that you are still waiting for the deregistration? 

My understanding was that you are not free to marry until the deregistration is complete, but if a celebrant has signed to say you are free, then maybe things have changed. However, in your shoes I would now be consulting an agent before stating on the 300 application that you are free to marry.

Hi Nemesis, yes I did tell the registey that i’m still waiting for the deregistration and the registry advised me that I would be considered single. I did consult some of the agents but they couldn’t provide me with a definite answer.

44 minutes ago, Jano said:

Hi Nemesis, yes I did tell the registey that i’m still waiting for the deregistration and the registry advised me that I would be considered single. I did consult some of the agents but they couldn’t provide me with a definite answer.

I have just done some reading on the various State registration websites, out of interest, and certainly NSW and VIC state that remarrying means an automatic revocation of the registration.

So it would appear that even still being in a registered relationship has no bearing on whether you are free to marry or not!  I am really surprised, to me that is almost saying that registering a relationship really is just a means of getting a visa and isn't even taken seriously by the States concerned!!

So, judging by what I've read, and the answer you got from the registry, it would seem you are free to go ahead and remarry, regardless of whether your previous relationship has been deregistered, or not!

Good luck with getting that application in by the 17th!

Long time lurker - thought it would be best to actually get involved in the conversation!

We applied on 18th November 2018, and received our RFI today 16th April for marriage certificate (already uploaded) and my name change documents (I haven't changed my name as of yet).

Any other November applicants having any luck this week?

23 minutes ago, LCRF said:

Long time lurker - thought it would be best to actually get involved in the conversation!

We applied on 18th November 2018, and received our RFI today 16th April for marriage certificate (already uploaded) and my name change documents (I haven't changed my name as of yet).

Any other November applicants having any luck this week?

Hi there,

Great news, sounds pretty straightforward for you. We are 1 week behind you and haven’t heard a word from them since the day we paid.

Fingers crossed it’ll be next week.

Hey guys! 

So today we got an RFI for prof of length of de facto relationship and nature of household! (Not too sure why because we went into so much detail about how/when we met, also proof that we have been living together since the start of our relationship and how we distribute chores around the house)

However that is what they have asked for. Has anyone been asked for this kind of RFI before and what did you do to provide further information? 

Also, what information did everyone write for their nature of household. We thought we went into so much detail writing a 7 page written statement about this but they have asked for more.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

41 minutes ago, samie97 said:

Hey guys! 

So today we got an RFI for prof of length of de facto relationship and nature of household! (Not too sure why because we went into so much detail about how/when we met, also proof that we have been living together since the start of our relationship and how we distribute chores around the house)

However that is what they have asked for. Has anyone been asked for this kind of RFI before and what did you do to provide further information? 

Also, what information did everyone write for their nature of household. We thought we went into so much detail writing a 7 page written statement about this but they have asked for more.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

I got asked the same just a few paragraphs statement and marked bank statements of us paying bills jointly.

1 minute ago, Belfastchild said:

I got asked the same just a few paragraphs statement and marked bank statements of us paying bills jointly.

We are actually saving up in the UK for when we are back in the Australia so we are staying at my parents to save money so we don’t have a lease or joint bills in our name. 

We did however get my father to write a statement that we have been living with them and that we pay him rent each month.

We have a joint account but not any bills that come out as my parents pay for all the electrics/ water. 

So a little bit stuck as to what do to. Can certainly write another statement regarding our living arrangements but not sure what else to do? Any suggestions? 

Just now, samie97 said:

We are actually saving up in the UK for when we are back in the Australia so we are staying at my parents to save money so we don’t have a lease or joint bills in our name. 

We did however get my father to write a statement that we have been living with them and that we pay him rent each month.

We have a joint account but not any bills that come out as my parents pay for all the electrics/ water. 

So a little bit stuck as to what do to. Can certainly write another statement regarding our living arrangements but not sure what else to do? Any suggestions? 

we are the same living at my parents. just highlight your grocery shopping etc

3 minutes ago, samie97 said:

Can you upload the sections from your Dad's bank showing the transfer of rent?

32 minutes ago, Belfastchild said:

we are the same living at my parents. just highlight your grocery shopping etc

Yeah we had actually done that, highlighted where we bought groceries and Netflix subscriptions etc it we will do it again and go into a bit more detail along with a statement.

how long after you uploaded did you get the grant? 

16 minutes ago, samie97 said:

Yeah we had actually done that, highlighted where we bought groceries and Netflix subscriptions etc it we will do it again and go into a bit more detail along with a statement.

how long after you uploaded did you get the grant? 

I am still waiting on the decision so just hope its enough.

Visa activation question:

Hi all,

I have what seems like a very stupid question for those who have already had their 309/100 granted.  I am due to fly out to Australia in May to activate my visa and I wanted to double check that I don't need to apply for a tourist visa (651) to fly out? I am assuming the answer is no as I hold the 309/100 but you can never be too careful with these things.

Thanks

1 hour ago, AmyLondon said:

Visa activation question:

Hi all,

I have what seems like a very stupid question for those who have already had their 309/100 granted.  I am due to fly out to Australia in May to activate my visa and I wanted to double check that I don't need to apply for a tourist visa (651) to fly out? I am assuming the answer is no as I hold the 309/100 but you can never be too careful with these things.

Thanks

You are travelling on your 309, you don't need a tourist visa, and if you get one it might even cancel out your 309!

• Thanks 1

Hi All! I applied for a 309 mid October 2018 based on a de facto relationship (my partner and I had been living together for 16 months and together for about 2 years at the time we submitted the application) but have yet to hear anything. I’ve used a migration agent and they haven’t yet received confirmation that my application has even been sent to a caseworker. 

Wondered whether anyone else was in the same boat? We’ve booked one way tickets for end of November so have heaps of time, but the waiting is awful! 

Hi 

48 minutes ago, CattyB said:

Hi All! I applied for a 309 mid October 2018 based on a de facto relationship (my partner and I had been living together for 16 months and together for about 2 years at the time we submitted the application) but have yet to hear anything. I’ve used a migration agent and they haven’t yet received confirmation that my application has even been sent to a caseworker. 

Wondered whether anyone else was in the same boat? We’ve booked one way tickets for end of November so have heaps of time, but the waiting is awful!