9 minutes ago, mppc said:

Can I just ask those who have received RFI if the status on your visa application has changed to processing or something similar? 

My application has now changed from received to initial assessment. I guess they contact us if further info is needed or it could go straight to grant. At least that’s what their website says.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, mppc said:

Can I just ask those who have received RFI if the status on your visa application has changed to processing or something similar? 

My partners status was 'initial assessment' when he received the RFI.  I check (OCD) the account most days and didn't see that it went to 'initial assessment' before we received the RFI, but it's possible it did.

Now that we have submitted the requested info and clicked the button to confirm it's changed to 'further assessment'.

Edited by katlb82
  • Thanks 1

So I'm sitting here at work, trying to look like I'm concentrating...

On Monday my partner had a missed call from Immi.  He hates using the phone, so he didn't call back.  Me being a control-freak, I wrote him an email to send to Immi saying he had missed a call and wasn't sure if he should call back or wait.  2 hours later, he gets a call from Immi, asking him about the docs requested in the RFI (when we would expect to be able to upload).  He replied we had uploaded on Tuesday night, they confirmed it was indeed in the system, and said he should be receiving more correspondence today (this was an hour ago).  

20 minutes later....309 grant notification.  3 minutes after that, 100 grant notification.

I'd thought at this moment I would have burst into tears with relief, but after mentally preparing myself for a 6-12 month wait, I think I'm in a bit of shock that 81 days after submission, we are done.  I'm going home 😄 😄 😄 !

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 4

It's great to hear of all these grants!

I'm sitting on tenderhooks as we fly out of UK on 06/06/19 (arrive in Oz 21/06/19 after a holiday 🙈) and my hubby still doesn't have a visa 😂 Got to get there for my new job so it's not like we have an option of waiting. Got everything crossed we get something soon @katlb82 we applied the same week 👍👍

Edited by Dmb81
Typo

10 hours ago, mppc said:

Also did anyone’s application status change at any time if they were granted the visa without any RFIs?

2 hours ago, Woodydj82 said:

Also did anyone’s application status change at any time if they were granted the visa without any RFIs?

No change for us, last night I logged on to Immi and it just stated “received”.

We literally had zero communication from paying our fee to getting the grant. 

Fingers crossed for everyone still waiting

29 minutes ago, Bensmithoz said:

No change for us, last night I logged on to Immi and it just stated “received”.

We literally had zero communication from paying our fee to getting the grant. 

Fingers crossed for everyone still waiting

Thanks @Bensmithoz and good luck to all waiting. It will be worth it!!

Advice please? 

My wife who is the Australian Citizen filled out on my immi account a “sponsorship for partner to migrate to Australia” form ( which I believe is the 40SP form even though it doesn’t state this?)

We submitted this back in January and on the account it still states submitted. Should this not say received?

Please can someone either put my mind at rest that this is ok or whether I need to send a technical help form?

hope the above makes sense??

Thanks

@Woodydj82  do you mean the visa application itself or a document? Mine says received on main page beside my name.  

Check your application status

If you applied online you can check your visa application status in ImmiAccount.

We assign a status to your application to show progress.

The status shows next to your application in 'My applications summary'.

• Incomplete means you have started but not completed an application.
  • Ready to submit means you have completed an application and can submit.
  • Submitted means you have submitted an application.
  • Received means we have received an application from you and can assess it within the current processing times.
  • Initial assessment means we are assessing your application.
  • Further assessment means we are assessing the information we requested from you.
  • Finalised means we have made a decision. We will notify you by email or post.

Note: The application status for My Health Declarations and Partner sponsorship forms will always display a status of submitted and will not change to a status of received.

Edited by mppc

5 minutes ago, mppc said:

@Woodydj82  do you mean the visa application itself or a document? Mine says received on main page beside my name.  

Check your application status

If you applied online you can check your visa application status in ImmiAccount.

We assign a status to your application to show progress.

The status shows next to your application in 'My applications summary'.

• Incomplete means you have started but not completed an application.
  • Ready to submit means you have completed an application and can submit.
  • Submitted means you have submitted an application.
  • Received means we have received an application from you and can assess it within the current processing times.
  • Initial assessment means we are assessing your application.
  • Further assessment means we are assessing the information we requested from you.
  • Finalised means we have made a decision. We will notify you by email or post.

Note: The application status for My Health Declarations and Partner sponsorship forms will always display a status of submitted and will not change to a status of received.

@mppc thanks for this, the last paragraph of what you uploaded states the sponsorship form will stay as submitted.

mind now at ease.

Thanks

On 01/04/2019 at 02:01, Jo P said:

My husband applied Oct 31st and uploaded everything except medical and we haven’t heard a peep.  We are in Canada but I’m hoping it’s a similar timeline to the UK?....

update on my application., I've had a RFI to supply my police check. Coincidentally I made the ACRO application on the 2nd May in anticipation it would be requested soon. All being well that gets returned by the 16th May and uploaded to the IMMI account the same day. 

Does anybody happen to know the approximate turn around time between submitting the RFI, through to getting a visa being granted?  

recap of timeline 

Applied from London 27th Nov 2018 (front loaded minus Police check)

Medical completed 3rd Jan 2019

RFI received on 9th may - UK Police check for myself (applicant) 

Edited by Bruce down under

If you go into the settings, there is an sub heading for signature.

Go into there and you should ne able to add it.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to add my application timeline to the footer of my posts like you all have. Help please!!! 

@Cuddles200  Its going really well thanks!  Settling into the job and everyday life while in the back of my mind thinking about the 820/801 we'll have to prepare and submit after we get married - eeeeek!!!

I've added the little instruction sheet I prepared for adding signatures to posts.... It's not the most obvious on this site! 🙂 

Hope everyone is doing well, I'm about to read through the posts  - looking forward to good news galore!!xx

Adding a signature to Poms in Oz forum posts.docx

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, CEP said:

@Cuddles200  Its going really well thanks!  Settling into the job and everyday life while in the back of my mind thinking about the 820/801 we'll have to prepare and submit after we get married - eeeeek!!!

I've added the little instruction sheet I prepared for adding signatures to posts.... It's not the most obvious on this site! 🙂 

Hope everyone is doing well, I'm about to read through the posts  - looking forward to good news galore!!xx

Adding a signature to Poms in Oz forum posts.docx

Excellent news! 

How are are you finding the change? And was work difficult to obtain/accreditation?

Daughter and missus fly out in five weeks, I join them five weeks later as I have to finish a work contract.

@SydneyBound I arrived in perth at the end of october, then on to Brissy in January....boy did I bake.... the humidity!!!! Jeepers!!!

Generally I'm finding things ok - I've been in work for about 6/7 weeks now but and they've been very welcoming 🙂  Didn't find it too difficult getting work at all, I was pretty chuffed I got this one though! I'd really like to start making a conscious effort to make some friends. As we dont have children, I think you can miss out on just chatting with other mums etc...  My partner doesnt have any family in Brissy either so I can feel a little isolated when he goes off doing boy things...  Anyway I've managed to sign up to a singing group on thursdays - this week will be my first time.... wish me luck!!!

Just read through all the posts and updated spreadsheet 🙂 hang on in there guys..... it will happen....  it was the most stressful thing and I lost so much sleep over it but you''ll just want to bottle up the feeling when the golden email arrives 🙂 

image.thumb.png.b4d5559c1c504f19c89fe88538a773b1.png

• Like 1