We received my wife's Aussie police check today so I'm hoping that it was the final document to pre-load..and double hoping that doing it means no RFI and straight to grant? It looks like some in the past have gone straight to green on the spreadsheet, although I guess that could be just because CEP didn't have any further info from them regarding RFI's.

Damn...I've just talked myself out of it again!

8 hours ago, Nicci said:

It is a nightmare guys, thinking of you all tho it took us a year applied 22nd March 18 got my email 25th March this year, we did have a problem with my husband's police check tho, word of advice disclose everything even if you think doesn't matter anymore!! Good luck every one 🤞

Hi @Nicci do you think your husbands criminal history is why yours had taken so long? That’s what’s making me so nervous. My partner has a record from over 20 years ago and got two six month sentences. We declared everything and he has been granted two 457 Visas before so logic tells me it will be ok but you just never know. 

We only lodged March 11 so we have a long time to wait anyway but the thought of a year is disheartening. 

Hi all

I've landed an amazing job opportunity so we are going to be relocating far quicker than initially planned (like 8-9 weeks). My husband's visa was placed in January. All uploaded etc.

For those of you who have gone over without PR can you tell me which visa you applied for? I'm a little confused! He is 38 so too old for a WHV! 

Background: together over 15 years married almost 12 years, 2 children (got citizenship by descent through me).

Thanks in advance x

Edited by Dmb81

On 27/03/2019 at 11:56, Belfastchild said:

Super thanks for your help. My visa status hasn’t changed on my immi account do you I just load the documents up under additional info or under their category? 

Thanks again. 

Ausgirl spot on, immi love a statement we uploaded quite a few, they don't unfortunately seem to be able to digest the information you upload and then ask questions which can be tiresome.

We were told they also have a lot of new staff that are finding their feet and don't want to make any mistakes or take any chances 🙄

On 30/03/2019 at 03:03, SmileyD said:

Hi @Nicci do you think your husbands criminal history is why yours had taken so long? That’s what’s making me so nervous. My partner has a record from over 20 years ago and got two six month sentences. We declared everything and he has been granted two 457 Visas before so logic tells me it will be ok but you just never know. 

We only lodged March 11 so we have a long time to wait anyway but the thought of a year is disheartening. 

If you have declared them then they will I'll into them and may ask for further information that's what they asked us for so had to apply to Acro for information, my husband was disorderly behaviour (pub fight) only got a fine and he is Australian so wouldn't of stoped him going back if they rejected my application but he was my sponsor and they look into them more now aswell. Not sure what previous visas your husband used, I applied for permanent. 

Hi all, 

Just reading through this blog and wondering/hoping about our approval.  I am an Aussie and my husband is Canadian (I know this is a british blog but it’s the best I’ve found for immigrating to Australia 😂). We have been married 10 years and have two kids who are dual citizens. My husband applied Oct 31, 2018 and has not heard anything. We have uploaded everything except the medical. 

We are now in the process of deciding if we should list our house now without hearing anything as it’s a great time to sell here coming into spring, and deciding if we ship a container or just a pallet of boxes....?

would love to hear people thoughts on timelines and everything! 

Thanks so much. 

Jo

On 25/03/2019 at 19:56, NCTSJ said:

Hello Everyone!

After doing a little bit of research prior to applying for the 309/100 this is my first foray into finding a community - so far my husband and I have been going this alone.

I'm Australian (I am a dual UK citizen through my mother who was born in the UK and immigrated when she was 8 with her family) and my husband is from Spain, but we both live in London.
I've been in London 6 years this July, and my husband 5.5 years this October.

We did things a little bit differently to some of the posts I've read where we got almost all of our documents together first and then applied - rather than applying and then getting required documents.  My husband and I have been married for 7 months - we got married in Austria because we thought that would be super romantic, until you realise just how much paperwork that entails - especially when dealing with 4 different countries (Aus/UK/Spain/Austria). We've been together for 1 year and 5 months (when you know, you know 😍😍😍) and haven't really been sure what impact - if any, Brexit might have on our application, or any of the election et al impact on processing times.  I'm hoping these won't be major factors for any of us!

A little timeline:

Application Submitted: 6 November, 2019  (including all supporting documents and statements such as police checks, 888 x3, et al)
Medical Check: Submitted 26 November, 2019

We haven't heard anything, or had any RFIs so I am optimistically assuming this means everything is fine - it's the not knowing which drives you mad!

I haven't seen too many November submitters (special shout out to those that submitted in November 2018) but seeing the October submitters get approvals in March is making me feel nervous, impatient and hopeful that perhaps we aren't too far away from contact of some kind.  Any advice from anyone for this stage of the process? (apart from patience being a virtue?)

Please add me to the spreadsheet and hopefully we are the next wave to be processed! x

We are in the same timeline as you! My husband submitted Oct 31st, everything but the medical uploaded and haven’t heard a thing 😢 just waiting, waiting, waiting.  Only difference is we are in Canada not UK....

On 27/03/2019 at 05:12, W2O said:

That’s great that you’ve had some movement, although I’m not sure about what they’ve asked for. I wonder why they’re asking for your UK police check if you’ve already submitted it...strange?!

Did you fill in the section on the application about the nature of the household? If you did, then I’m not sure what they’re really asking for. 

I applied on the 28th October so really hoping that I hear something this week or next week 🤞

We are the same timeline W20, my husband submitted October 31st. Everything uploaded except medical...just waiting. We are in Canada though, but I’m hoping it’s still the same timeline....

On 27/03/2019 at 05:40, Bruce down under said:

Hi, I've just joined and hoping i might be able to get some advise around what notification others are getting following the the 309 visa application being submitted.

to give an over view of my time line - 

• 309 visa lodged on the 27th Nov 2018 
  • All information front loaded 
  • Health examination 3rd January 2019 
  • Now awaiting for someone to make contact.....

How have others been contacted for RFI and Police checks, via email or through the IMMI portal in the application section? 

I just want to make sure i'm not missing anything and like others, I think i''m going mad from checking application everyday!

My husband applied Oct 31st and uploaded everything except medical and we haven’t heard a peep.  We are in Canada but I’m hoping it’s a similar timeline to the UK?....

On 29/03/2019 at 21:36, Bensmithoz said:

We received my wife's Aussie police check today so I'm hoping that it was the final document to pre-load..and double hoping that doing it means no RFI and straight to grant? It looks like some in the past have gone straight to green on the spreadsheet, although I guess that could be just because CEP didn't have any further info from them regarding RFI's.

Damn...I've just talked myself out of it again!

I went straight to grant having pre-loaded everything, so it does happen!

42 minutes ago, Devonuk said:

Does anyone know if you need to submit both the Form 80 and the Form 1221?? They both seem to have the same information requested and seems like I’m duplicating info? I’ve done the form 80 should I do the form 1221 too? 

I've completed both the 80 and 1221 forms. Although they appear contain duplicated questions, there are are slight differences , which I've presumed is used to cross reference the accuracy of the information given. Having spent a lot of time gathering details and pulling together evidence, I decided not to leave anything to change and extending the approval process

there are online tools which you can used to convert the 80 and 1221 into editable word docs. that should speed up filling it out too.  

27 minutes ago, Bruce down under said:

I've completed both the 80 and 1221 forms. Although they appear contain duplicated questions, there are are slight differences , which I've presumed is used to cross reference the accuracy of the information given. Having spent a lot of time gathering details and pulling together evidence, I decided not to leave anything to change and extending the approval process

there are online tools which you can used to convert the 80 and 1221 into editable word docs. that should speed up filling it out too.  

We did the same, both forms even though very similar. What’s another couple of hours 😂

I was about to reply and say that we hadn’t submitted a form 80 or 1221 and that we’d have to wait and see if they were requested. Then, at lunchtime, I received the golden e-mails...both the 309 and the 100 (within a minute of each other). I am beyond excited and can finally breathe a sigh of relief. In the grand scheme of things it hasn’t been a long process (a few days over 5 months), but it’s still been stressful!

Anyway, here’s our timeline:

Applied from London 28th October 2018

Medical completed 8th November 2018

Sponsor application completed (online only) 18th November 2018

UK Police checks for me (applicant) and Australian & UK for my husband (sponsor) all front loaded

All evidence uploaded within a month of the application

One update to the application this year to inform them that my husband had already made the move to Australia, and to provide evidence we were in regular contact.

No form 80 or 1221 submitted or requested and no agent used. We’ve been married 12 years and have 3 children (with aussie citizenship).

No RFI - we just went from lodgement to grant and there was no change on my immi account until after it was granted. It now says Finalised for my application and Submitted for my husband’s application (Approved next to his name when you go to ‘view application’)

Good luck to everyone else waiting - it really looks as though they’re moving through the London applications quite swiftly now.

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 4

1 hour ago, W2O said:

I was about to reply and say that we hadn’t submitted a form 80 or 1221 and that we’d have to wait and see if they were requested. Then, at lunchtime, I received the golden e-mails...both the 309 and the 100 (within a minute of each other). I am beyond excited and can finally breathe a sigh of relief. In the grand scheme of things it hasn’t been a long process (a few days over 5 months), but it’s still been stressful!

UK Police checks for me (applicant) and Australian & UK for my husband (sponsor) all front loaded

One update to the application this year to inform them that my husband had already made the move to Australia, and to provide evidence we were in regular contact.

No form 80 or 1221 submitted or requested and no agent used. We’ve been married 12 years and have 3 children (with aussie citizenship).

No RFI - we just went from lodgement to grant and there was no change on my immi account until after it was granted. It now says Finalised for my application and Submitted for my husband’s application (Approved next to his name when you go to ‘view application’)

Good luck to everyone else waiting - it really looks as though they’re moving through the London applications quite swiftly now.

OH!🤩🎉 Congratulations! you must be so relieved/thrilled/excited! When are you planning on joining your family?  We applied 6 November, so hopefully its super soon for us too! x

As people can see I’m blue on the chart awaiting an appeal but while I was in Australia 3 weeks ago I contacted the local mp regarding the big mistakes that have been made to my application regarding the embassy and now I have to appeal so awaiting to hear back from them as now it’s gone to the migration minister. So hopefully get some news soon 

• Like 2

Hi guys,

Have been so busy recently so haven’t been on the thread in a while. Thrilled to see all of the grants congratulations to everyone!

I applied 15th November (dates in signature) so I can only hope and assume that I may hear something within the next couple of months.

My partner and I are actually heading to Australia on the 18th April for a 4 week holiday to catch up with her family and be there for the birth of her goddaughter. 

I’m pretty sure I know the answer but just for my sanity I wanted to ask. If by some miracle my visa is approved while we are in Australia, am I able to just nip to NZ and return to Australia to activate the new Visa. Or will there be a problem? 

Thanks guys I am hoping we are getting close to some contact, have had nothing so far. Police checks and medicals were uploaded within 2 weeks of application.

Edited by samie97

18 hours ago, W2O said:

Congrats!  Yours was a lot smoother than mine. I’m waiting on my third police check. What date did they give you to be in Australia? 

• Congratulations 1