26 minutes ago, roomummy said:
56 minutes ago, mppc said:
Hi roomummy, Its great to hear from you! Thank you this process is very daunting so its good to know we are not alone.  I'm hoping its straight forward but after reading a lot of posts its a lottery! We are moving to Brisbane and hoping to be there in July if not on the 309 visa then on a visitors visa. Hopefully we can then wait a few months until it comes through but I think I'm being very optimistic emoji14.png I have not completed my 80 or 1221 I was hoping I wouldn't have to, did you complete yours? 

Yes we have completed every form and tried to put something in each category selecting the most appropriate item from each drop-down list, even if it meant submitting duplicates. I've scanned all documents to PDF and kept them in an external memory drive then stored the original in a plastic folder encase of interview. Don't leave them guessing, if you submit everything that applies to you and your partner then hopefully further inquiry will be kept to a minimum which surely reduces the processing time.

That's a great tip I have saved all my documents to a pdf file but I have not made a paper copy so I will do this later! I have not even thought of the interview part yet 🙂 

12 minutes ago, Devonuk said:

What is the 1221? I’ve got the form 80 ready to submit already. 

It was on a drop down on in the upload documents section, its very similar to the 80 form, I'm very new to this process and still finding my way so I'm not 100% sure 

8 minutes ago, W2O said:

I haven’t submitted a form 80 either - I’ve filled most of it in just in case, but I’m hoping it doesn’t get asked for. It’s a complete nightmare trying to remember every detail about employment etc from when you left school 😖

I believe the 80 and 1221 forms are required. ('This is a supplementary form required to support your visa application and is to be completed by all applicants who are 18 years of age or over') We have completed both of these forms the best we can. As far as employment is concerned I agree with you, its near on impossible to remember your full record when you are 40+ years old and worked all your life!! You can check your UK pensions contribution record on the UK.GOV website as this gives contribution information on a year to year basis, with details that might jog your memory. For any periods my husband could not remember we just wrote: 'Employer not remembered' but we put a date and year and what he did. 

15 minutes ago, W2O said:

I haven’t submitted a form 80 either - I’ve filled most of it in just in case, but I’m hoping it doesn’t get asked for. It’s a complete nightmare trying to remember every detail about employment etc from when you left school 😖

Edited by mppc

2 minutes ago, roomummy said:

I believe the 80 and 1221 forms are required. ('This is a supplementary form required to support your visa application and is to be completed by all applicants who are 18 years of age or over') We have completed both of these forms the best we can. As far as employment is concerned I agree with you, its near on impossible to remember your full record when you are 40+ years old and worked all your life!! You can check your UK pensions contribution record on the UK.GOV website as this gives contribution information on a year to year basis, with details that might jog your memory. For any periods my husband could not remember we just wrote: 'Employer not remembered' but we put a date and year and what he did. 

Did yous remember all your qualifications? I cant remember my exact year and grade. 

9 minutes ago, mppc said:

That's a great tip I have saved all my documents to a pdf file but I have not made a paper copy so I will do this later! I have not even thought of the interview part yet 🙂 

Yes I have just kept the original, not made copies as well. If they want copies at the interview I'm guessing they will make their own so they are certified by the interviewer. Just put all the originals in a folder so you can find them ready for interview as you are currently handling each document so it will save you time later gathering them together again. 

1 minute ago, mppc said:

Did yous remember all your qualifications? I cant remember my exact year and grade. 

I would just write a timeline as best you can. Its better than not submitting anything at all in my opinion. Check your UK HMRC record lots of info is in the UK>GOV gateway these days. 

Just now, LottyC said:

If it helps both me and my husband completed the Form 80  but I don't recall anything to do with a 1221 so certainly didn't complete one.

Why do you think you will be interviewed? I don't think anyone has been?

This is the information on the 1221 form: 'This is a supplementary form required to support your visa application and is to be completed by all applicants who are 18 years of age or over'. Here is a link to the Pdf. Immi asks for this to be completed so I suggest you would complete EVERY item they ask for. 1221 Form

10 minutes ago, roomummy said:

Yes I have just kept the original, not made copies as well. If they want copies at the interview I'm guessing they will make their own so they are certified by the interviewer. Just put all the originals in a folder so you can find them ready for interview as you are currently handling each document so it will save you time later gathering them together again. 

Interviews for Partner visas are incredibly rare when applying from the UK. 

7 minutes ago, LottyC said:

If it helps both me and my husband completed the Form 80  but I don't recall anything to do with a 1221 so certainly didn't complete one.

Why do you think you will be interviewed? I don't think anyone has been?

I met some people at Australia House in London being interviewed. I have no idea if this is common or not but we are preparing for it just so we can find all of the documents encase as its a pain in the butt to put it gather so much info together. 

12 minutes ago, roomummy said:

This is the information on the 1221 form: 'This is a supplementary form required to support your visa application and is to be completed by all applicants who are 18 years of age or over'. Here is a link to the Pdf. Immi asks for this to be completed so I suggest you would complete EVERY item they ask for. 1221 Form

I had my visa granted this week and didn't complete that and we had no interview.

Certainly not encouraging you not to do it as it is always good to be thorough 🙂  Again the interviews seem to be extremely rare but at least you know you're prepared - good luck with it.

Good info, thank you. Think I'm ott with the forms, no leaf unturned! [emoji23]

I had my visa granted this week and didn't complete that and we had no interview.
Certainly not encouraging you not to do it as it is always good to be thorough [emoji846]  Again the interviews seem to be extremely rare but at least you know you're prepared - good luck with it.

1 hour ago, Katiebobbles said:

Hi mppc sounds like we are similar timeframes we land in Brisvegas in July too ..... all crossed you are validating when you land.
We did a form 80 ... I think it's a requirement on the check list now ... a lot is similar to the 40 and 47 but some extra info is on there
Good luck and congrats to all the recent grants

Hi Katie, think i should just take a beep breath and get on with it - hate the thought of the 80 form but if it has to be done it has to be done. Good luck, where are you applying from? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bob Marley said:

We didn’t do a form 80 and weren’t requested to do one. We just filled in the questions on the application online (the most onerous being the countries travelled to in the past 10 years). 

And you’ve just been granted yours haven’t you? That’s good to hear if that’s the case 👍

• Like 1

Got our visa last month ... still stalking this feed to see how the others ie@CEP and co get on as they helped me get through waiting so want to hear when they get great news (soon!)
I didn't do the 80 originally but then talking to people on here made me fill it in .... it's your call but I always went with the idea that I would hate an RFI just cos I didn't fill in something I thought I should and then end up back in the queue instead of with a golden email (ended up with an RFI but that was something else!!!)
Hope you hear before getting on the plane in July.

Hi Katie, think i should just take a beep breath and get on with it - hate the thought of the 80 form but if it has to be done it has to be done. Good luck, where are you applying from? 

3 minutes ago, Katiebobbles said:

Got our visa last month ... still stalking this feed to see how the others ie@CEP and co get on as they helped me get through waiting so want to hear when they get great news (soon!)
I didn't do the 80 originally but then talking to people on here made me fill it in .... it's your call but I always went with the idea that I would hate an RFI just cos I didn't fill in something I thought I should and then end up back in the queue instead of with a golden email (ended up with an RFI but that was something else!!!)
Hope you hear before getting on the plane in July.

Congratulations Kate! that's fantastic news!!! How long did you have to wait for the visa to be processed?  - sorry just read it on you info - sorry still finding my way bout 🙂

Edited by mppc
  • Like 1

HELL YEAH, LONDON!! Congratulations to all those with the winning ticket.

For those who submitted their RFIs under two separate accounts, Sponsor and Applicant, when clicking the 'I confirm I have provided information as requested' grey button, did you just do it on the one account? I uploaded the final piece of evidence just now, under my Sponsor account and clicked the confirmation button. Great. Then went to the Applicant account and went to press the confirmation button there too, but now it's greyed out i.e. I can't click it which I'm sort of panicking about. I'm guessing as the two accounts are linked and all RFI documents are uploaded, and I pressed the confirmation button under the Sponsor account, that that's why I can't press it under the Applicant's account? Our status on both Sponsor and Applicant accounts now says 'Further Assessment'. (Sorry if that made no sense!)

I hate this, I am now starting to question whether we have done everything correctly with the incredibly confusing and opaque immiaccount system.

I was wondering  whether I was supposed to create a new application for the sponsor? Under the applicants upload section it automatically created a section for myself as the sponsor and provided a location for me to upload the 40SP etc. So I assumed that was the correct location for all of my (the sponsors) information.

Doubting myself I have started to read back through the RFI communication and it very clearly states 

"The sponsor must create a new ImmiAccount if they do not have one already. Please ensure that once your sponsor has created their ImmiAccount, they select ‘New Application’ and not ‘Import Application’"

I definitely did not do this and hunting for an answer all I can find is conflicting information. Did anyone else just upload into the sponsors section of the main applicants account?

I hate this, I am now starting to question whether we have done everything correctly with the incredibly confusing and opaque immiaccount system.
I was wondering  whether I was supposed to create a new application for the sponsor? Under the applicants upload section it automatically created a section for myself as the sponsor and provided a location for me to upload the 40SP etc. So I assumed that was the correct location for all of my (the sponsors) information.
Doubting myself I have started to read back through the RFI communication and it very clearly states 

"The sponsor must create a new ImmiAccount if they do not have one already. Please ensure that once your sponsor has created their ImmiAccount, they select ‘New Application’ and not ‘Import Application’"

I definitely did not do this and hunting for an answer all I can find is conflicting information. Did anyone else just upload into the sponsors section of the main applicants account?
Heya,
I had the same worry. My partner's documents and forms were uploaded in his own section under my application .... however we loaded in June. I am unsure if this changed post the new financial year in July.
Sorry can't be definitive but it sounds like you have done similar to us and we had a grant through last month.
Good luck