Guest guest36187

Application submisstion on june 30 2015
Medical check september 2018
Aos acceptant march 2019
2 Vac May 3 2019
Granted May 15 2019
Total 46 months of waiting and process. I can wait to start new life in Australia. But my parents have things to arrgange so they can go with me shortly. Can i go by myself if im a dependent child? Thank you.

Well done you to show some independence now you have your visa.

We are currently in Australia on a 600 visa. We had applied for a 173 visa and finally got the request for the VAC2 payment. Once we made the VAC2 payment, immigration responded with a request for additional information asking for documents to prove intent to return to home country. Is this normal for anyone currently in Australia? I would have expected that the case officer would reach out asking for travel plans instead.

Have other folks received similar requests?

21 minutes ago, pmindia said:

We are currently in Australia on a 600 visa. We had applied for a 173 visa and finally got the request for the VAC2 payment. Once we made the VAC2 payment, immigration responded with a request for additional information asking for documents to prove intent to return to home country. Is this normal for anyone currently in Australia? I would have expected that the case officer would reach out asking for travel plans instead.

Congratulations pmindia. I have not been asked this request from immigration yet (still waiting for further docs), but I would send them documents showing that i have some properties (like house) in my home country which proves I have intention to return to my home country. Anyhow I am curious to know what is your visa lodgement date?

46 minutes ago, pmindia said:

I have no experience yet to see what case officer may ask, but this is seems very unusual to ask to prove return to home country. I would prove them my ties with home country and I would be return to home if my visa is not granted. By the way could you please send your timelines.? 

1 hour ago, pmindia said:

Hi what date did you apply for your 173 ?? 

Thanks 

19 hours ago, Tin2311 said:

I have been following this topic for long time. Now my family just got vísa. My pảrents want to stay to arrange our house. So i have a question that can i go to australia first? Im a dependent child. Thank you.

If you have condition 8502 on your visa, then the primary applicant must enter first.  Otherwise you are free to travel separate from and before your parents.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marilyn said:

That is concerning if they want proof you intend to return to your home country on a 173 - I do not intend to and will be applying for 143 as soon as possible. Anyone else who is on 173 with visa granted have the same request?

they aren't on a 173 yet, they are on a 600 tourist visa hence being asked about intent to return home seems perfectly reasonable, as they are only in oz as tourists. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

they aren't on a 173 yet, they are on a 600 tourist visa hence being asked about intent to return home seems perfectly reasonable, as they are only in oz as tourists. 

@Marilyn what I was told by immi agent that, the condition for visa 600 is to have intention to return. Plus visa 173 is an offshore visa the applicant should be outside of Australia at the time of grant. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, pmindia said:

whats your lodgement date can u tell

please

Hi everyone 

just had a quick question  my dad got visitor visa 600 which says last date to Arrive  06/06/2019 . Just  double checking  can he come to Australia in this May on one way ticket, he only stayed  in Australia for  2 months in last 18 months

14 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

No. A visitor visa is for people who “visit”  -ie they return home at the end of their visit. So he cant just come over without a return ticket.  

Edited by sh aron

21 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

No. A visitor visa is for people who “visit”  -ie they return home at the end of their visit. So he cant just come over without a return ticket.  

Are you sure ? last two times he came on one way ticket only i want to check again as last date to arrive is 6 june 2019 .

We travelled to Aus on a 600 visa with a one way ticket. No questions were asked.  We also took a one week holiday to Vanuatu from Sydney to extend our visa without issue (allowed 12 month stay on each entry without the 12 month in 18 restriction)  If you intend spending several months in a country I think it’s perfectly reasonable to book your return flight closer to your date of departure. No one is going to know or ask about return tickets anyway unless you get hauled before border control officers for other suspicious behaviour.

• Like 3

On 14/05/2019 at 09:10, ramot said:

We have applied for the pathway 143 onshore, all the above requested February and delivered late March. Also still waiting with fingers crossed. Good luck to everyone waiting.

We have been asked for 2nd payment!!!!

I know there has been advice about the best way to pay.

We have a bank account here, logged on to our immi account to pay, and thought if we used our debit card, there should be no charge? Showing the same charge of over $1,000 as if we used credit.

Anyone else found the same? and or any suggestions. 

Thanks

Solved

payed by  b pay on line. Need a stiff drink, but I don’t drink so coffee for me, husband might need something stronger. 

Quite excited and will post when we hear back.

Edited by ramot
  • Like 2
  • Congratulations 5

3 minutes ago, ramot said:

We have been asked for 2nd payment!!!!

I know there has been advice about the best way to pay.

We have a bank account here, logged on to our immi account to pay, and thought if we used our debit card, there should be no charge? Showing the same charge of over $1,000 as if we used credit.

Anyone else found the same? and or any suggestions. 

Thanks

Get a bank cheque, is my recommendation - cost about $15.

UK debit cards are processed as a VISA or MasterCard credit card - so you pick up a big credit card surcharge.

Best regards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

Get a bank cheque, is my recommendation - cost about $15.

UK debit cards are processed as a VISA or MasterCard credit card - so you pick up a big credit card surcharge.

Best regards.

Thank you Alan,

So appreciate your advice.

We have used our Australian bank B Pay.

Will let you know when we hear back, hope it won’t be long.

good luck to everyone else moving from the 410 and 405.visas.

• Thanks 1