Guest guest36187

Hey Anks, I meant it’s  3 months ( not year) multiple entry with 12months stay of each arrivals. So her visa doesn’t have condition  12 months stay within 18months. 

She left Australia on last 31/3 after 12 months stay on her previous visa. And just got granted another visa today ( after 2 months outside)

• Confused 1

That sounds like she can only stay 3 months at a time 

The standard visitor visa 651 is valid for 12 months with multiple entries lasting 3 months only. 

Thr 600 family stream fact sheet says 

What does this visa allow you to do?

The Sponsored Family stream will usually allow a stay of three months, but may allow a stay of up to 12 months in certain circumstances. The Sponsored Family stream will generally only allow a single entry into Australia.

1 minute ago, LindaH27 said:

That sounds like she can only stay 3 months at a time 

The standard visitor visa 651 is valid for 12 months with multiple entries lasting 3 months only. 

Thr 600 family stream fact sheet says 

What does this visa allow you to do?

The Sponsored Family stream will usually allow a stay of three months, but may allow a stay of up to 12 months in certain circumstances. The Sponsored Family stream will generally only allow a single entry into Australia.

She got the same visa as her previous one.

Multiple entry for 3 months only but can stay for 12 months from each arrivals. 

She will be here in this July and stay straight until June 2020

5 minutes ago, Doris said:

I recommend re-reading the visa grant notice, as this narrative doesn't make sense to me.

Best regards.

8 minutes ago, Doris said:

Doris if she has multiple entries lasting 3 months only she will have to leave after 3 months then come back for another 3 months etc otherwise she risks being in breach of the visa. If this happens it could affect her eventual 143 application 

Edited by LindaH27

10 minutes ago, Doris said:

Sorry but this is really confusing to me. if she has 3 months only then how come she can stay for 12 months from each arrival.

We have just returned to Oz after an off shore jaunt of 4 months and surprise, surprise, we were also granted a 12 month stay with multi entry and the period we are allowed to stay is 3 months. We were advised this was because of the amount of time we have spent in Oz over the last two years, even though it was Immigration that allowed us previously a 12 month stay multi entry with a subsequent 12 month stay upon entering Australia anytime during the original period.

Interestingly, we weren’t asked to show a return ticket out of Australia during this first three months. We had already bought a return ticket to Auckland but we’re not asked for it.

6 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

I recommend re-reading the visa grant notice, as this narrative doesn't make sense to me.

Best regards.

1 hour ago, Doris said:

No Anks, it’s just 3 months multiple entry with 12 months stay of each arrivals.

7 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

Best regards.

Hey Alan

Yeah It doesn’t make sense to me when I received her previous visa too. I thought they made a mistake. So I went to immigration department myself to check. They said it’s correct. My mom can stay for upto 12 months of each arrivals. Multiple entry for 3 months. Her previous one granted on 13/3/18 valid till 13/6/19.

She arrived in Australia on 04/04/18 and departed on 31/03/19 due to 12months stay.

Submitted a new visa on 20/05/19 and got granted today with the same type as previous one. 05/06/19, must not arrive after 05/09/19 with 12 months stay of each arrivals. 

It’s weird but it’s correct  😞 

30 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

Best regards.

ect 

Sorry,

I’m suffering from jet lag. I should have added that the current visa is a step up from the last one when we were granted a one time only 3 month period and told to stay off shore for a reasonable length of time, even though Immigration couldn’t give a definition of how long is a reasonable length of time.

It would seem 4 months off shore is better than the one day before applying as we attempted last visa grant. I say this because at least we have been granted 12 months albeit in 3 month blocks.

Personally, I think Immigration are pushing parents into applying for the new visa. It honestly seems to me to be pointless applying for a subsequent 600 visa because you will be granted essentially a multi entry 3 month 651 visa.

28 minutes ago, Anks said:

Sorry but this is really confusing to me. if she has 3 months only then how come she can stay for 12 months from each arrival.

Hey Anks

It means she can get in and out of Australia within 3 months 5/6/19-5/9/19, must not arrive after 5/9/19. So if she arrive before that day, she can stay for 12months straight, cannot depart out of Australia. As if she leaves, she is not allowed to enter again. 

• Like 1

Hi All,

Ages since I have looked at this forum and posted a comment I can't remember how to do it...just hoping this comes out OK.

Our Journey so far.

Our lodgement date was way back in April 2015 and we heard nothing for 3 years. When we were asked to supply further docs medicals, police checks etc we thought "here we go visa grant soon"..... no such luck...our end was fine but AoS was a nightmare...firstly our sponsor( Daughter ) was told there was an 18 week delay in processing to start with... after 20 weeks and hearing nothing she started phoning and visiting Centrelink....over the next 5-6 months she was given false information and was down right lied to. She was always told everything was fine and just had to wait....we later found out people who said they would chase up send emails etc didn't...our daughter was told the dept dealing with the application couldn't phone out..they can...she was told they couldn't phone AoS dept....they can....they couldn't give our daughter the number of AoS dept...they can. Visa team got involved and they were told 2 bits of information were missing from application....My daughter had photo copies of everything that was submitted and that info was there .. they were also told a letter had been sent to our assurer ( her husband ) back in September ( why not an email )...they never received a letter and no one could produce this letter when asked... they were also told our assurer was out of the country when they tried to contact him.... Not so, he never left the country in 2018 nor in 2019 and can't think of anyone that could have told them that he was out of the country.... In May the visa team asked us if we were aware that the application for AoS had been rejected back on 15th April 2019.... We were but only because our sponsor was told during one of her many phone calls to Centrelink on 10th May... ( still not had any communication to this effect ). Anyway on the 13th May a second application was submitted but this time we had the name and phone number of someone in AoS who was willing to go the extra mile. Everything this lady said she would do, she did, everything she said would happen happened.... In short she was a diamond . From this point on things really took of.... AoS granted 22nd May.. 2nd Vac request 28th May ( paid same day ) VISA GRANTED 29th May ... job done.  We don't know why we had all this trouble, and to be honest now we have our Visa it's all like a bad dream. Arrangements have been made and we fly out to join our family, Son Daughter and 8 grandkids on 5th July...... Good luck to all those still in the waiting room....my only advice is don't believe  everything you are told by Centrelink. 

• Like 5
  • Congratulations 10

22 minutes ago, Ray and Geri said:

Hi All,

Ages since I have looked at this forum and posted a comment I can't remember how to do it...just hoping this comes out OK.

Our Journey so far.

Our lodgement date was way back in April 2015 and we heard nothing for 3 years. When we were asked to supply further docs medicals, police checks etc we thought "here we go visa grant soon"..... no such luck...our end was fine but AoS was a nightmare...firstly our sponsor( Daughter ) was told there was an 18 week delay in processing to start with... after 20 weeks and hearing nothing she started phoning and visiting Centrelink....over the next 5-6 months she was given false information and was down right lied to. She was always told everything was fine and just had to wait....we later found out people who said they would chase up send emails etc didn't...our daughter was told the dept dealing with the application couldn't phone out..they can...she was told they couldn't phone AoS dept....they can....they couldn't give our daughter the number of AoS dept...they can. Visa team got involved and they were told 2 bits of information were missing from application....My daughter had photo copies of everything that was submitted and that info was there .. they were also told a letter had been sent to our assurer ( her husband ) back in September ( why not an email )...they never received a letter and no one could produce this letter when asked... they were also told our assurer was out of the country when they tried to contact him.... Not so, he never left the country in 2018 nor in 2019 and can't think of anyone that could have told them that he was out of the country.... In May the visa team asked us if we were aware that the application for AoS had been rejected back on 15th April 2019.... We were but only because our sponsor was told during one of her many phone calls to Centrelink on 10th May... ( still not had any communication to this effect ). Anyway on the 13th May a second application was submitted but this time we had the name and phone number of someone in AoS who was willing to go the extra mile. Everything this lady said she would do, she did, everything she said would happen happened.... In short she was a diamond . From this point on things really took of.... AoS granted 22nd May.. 2nd Vac request 28th May ( paid same day ) VISA GRANTED 29th May ... job done.  We don't know why we had all this trouble, and to be honest now we have our Visa it's all like a bad dream. Arrangements have been made and we fly out to join our family, Son Daughter and 8 grandkids on 5th July...... Good luck to all those still in the waiting room....my only advice is don't believe  everything you are told by Centrelink. 

Congrats. Really glad it all worked out!  We’re waiting on Aos and have had some questions about submission etc so your information will be really useful.   Good luck in your new lives 🍷🎉😎😎

Great news yesterday - our CPV143 now granted!!   Original application 23rd July 2015.  Additional documents requested December 2018 and submitted January.  Our visa application was accepted 10th May pending payment of  2nd VAC.   Paid 2nd VAC on 3rd June and visa granted 5th June.

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 10

10 hours ago, Rosiejaq said:

Someone mentioned previously they had a number for the Aos team direct.  Does anyone have this?  Thanks 

Just managed to find it for you as we had used it previously. 1800 571 922. See page 722 for more information input on 10 August 2018. 

• Thanks 3

Hi so we have been here for just over 3 months and I think we have everything sorted apart from private medical insurance. We registered with medicare straight away and have managed to find a bulk billed doctor in our area so now have to decide whether to take out insurance. Does anyone have any thoughts on this please. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Judy said:

Hi so we have been here for just over 3 months and I think we have everything sorted apart from private medical insurance. We registered with medicare straight away and have managed to find a bulk billed doctor in our area so now have to decide whether to take out insurance. Does anyone have any thoughts on this please. 

Hi Judy, congrats on your move, hope you’re enjoying settling in😁 I added a post on 11 Oct 2017 regarding private medical insurance, it’s on page 575. Its increased by only a couple of dollars a fortnight since then. Hopefully it will offer some insight into our own experience which we are still happy with. Everyone is different though and you may want/need more cover. 

Enjoy your new life in Australia, we absolutely love it here! 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Judy said:

I suggest going and getting some quotes from a few insurers first.  Medicare isn't that different from the NHS - if you've got something life-threatening you'll get looked after, but if you need a knee replacement you could be waiting a year or more.   As we age, we tend to need more of those "elective" things done, so private health can be worth having, IF it's not going to be too expensive. 

Be aware, though, that Medicare doesn't cover dentistry or optical so you either pay in full for that, or you need "Extras" cover.  It also doesn't cover ambulance.

I have medical insurance, my husband doesn''t.   It meant he had to pay for his cataract operation (because he wasn't prepared to wait for months and months), but otherwise he's never had any problems getting good treatment.   

Edited by Marisawright

3 hours ago, Ryanlee said:

Roomie, has any 143 applicants whom applied on September 2015 received an invitation for provide further documents? What’s the heck going on with IMMI?

The staff are snowed under, with thousands of applications in the queue and no extra manpower to help, and the man in charge is an immigration minister who doesn't like immigrants.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Rosiejaq said:

Does anyone have experience of adding a third person to Aos if original application  of 2 people rejected.  Can you just submit the extra person or do you have to resubmit everyone together?  Thanks.....this is very stressful 😫

We had problems with our AoS application which was rejected after months of waiting and being told it was being processed (daughter's income was just AUD1K too little in the previous year).  Our daughter asked if she could add another person onto the application and was told it was too difficult!  However I have read on the forum from months, maybe even years, ago that someone was able to add another person.  Fortunately our original application was rejected in May last year so we didn't have to wait long until the next tax year when our daughter's income was sufficient.  Ask the question, and if the answer is no then get straight on and submit another application - once our daughter re-submitted hers it went ahead pretty quickly.  Good luck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marisawright said:

The staff are snowed under, with thousands of applications in the queue and no extra manpower to help, and the man in charge is an immigration minister who doesn't like immigrants.

@Marisawright thanks for your response, the strange thing is that 143 applicants whom applied on August 2015 have already received their invitations on Feb 2019 and some of them had their Visa finalised between May and June this year. However, still no September 2015 applicants has received an opportunity to provide further documents.