Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


MaggieMay24 last won the day on June 6 2016

MaggieMay24 had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

1,422 Excellent


About MaggieMay24

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. MaggieMay24

    Need Help!!!186 visa

    She needs to " Provide documents that show you have Competent English at the time you submit your application." Taking her IELTS now will not help her application, she needed to have the test already at the time she applied for the visa.
  2. MaggieMay24

    482 bridging visa

    You and your employer cannot simply agree that he won't meet his legal obligations. You are legally entitled to 4 weeks paid leave per year: https://www.fairwork.gov.au/ArticleDocuments/723/visa-holders-and-migrant-workers-workplace-rights-and-entitlements.pdf.aspx
  3. MaggieMay24

    Skillselect ENS 186 Timeline

    Your boss cannot revoke your visa, only Immigration has that power. And it's very doubtful Immigration would take any action to cancel your visa if it was granted a few months ago. Your boss could complain to Immigration that you never intended to remain with them for 2 years (which you commit to during your application), but there's no legislation or policy that binds you to your employer after your 186 is granted.
  4. MaggieMay24

    457 Medicare levy exempt or not

    If you're not eligible for Medicare, then you're usually exempt from paying the levy. https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Medicare-levy/Medicare-levy-exemption/
  5. MaggieMay24

    482 bridging visa

    Prakash, is there any legitimate reason your employer has not given you any paid leave?
  6. MaggieMay24

    457 Visa Tricky situation

    I don't know if the visa holder needs to notify Immigration of the employer change since they would already be aware of a sponsorship change. If the sponsorship change was never done, I think you're in a bit of strife and I'd suggest you immediately contact a migration agent on this. Unfortunately, it's your responsibility to ensure you only work for the employer who has nominated you, and if you never received confirmation that a sponsorship change has been approved, you should never have left your previous employer.
  7. MaggieMay24

    186 visa

    The acknowledgement letter will include the TRN and Application ID. I assume this isn't a registered migration agent that you're working with so if it was my application, I'd find a new (registered) agent.
  8. MaggieMay24


    I think he means his wife passed her test in March, not that she died.
  9. If you take the date you intend to submit your citizenship application and look backwards 4 years: were you a legal Australian resident during that period (temporary visas including bridging visas count) ? did you hold a PR visa for at least 12 months? were you outside Australia no more than 12 months? were you outside Australia no more than 3 months during the most recent year? If your answers are Yes, Yes, No and No, you should meet the residence requirement.
  10. MaggieMay24

    Visitor 600 with no 8503 condition

    If she's in Australia when applying for a partner visa, she'd apply for the 820/801 visa. She'd be issued a bridging visa A which will sit idle in the background until the 600 visa expires (it expires when she doesn't leave Australia on the 600 expiry date). If she's pregnant, the only issue would be if she's requested to complete the medical check before she's delivered. She can simply advise of her pregnancy and DHA will wait for her to deliver before she completes the chest x-ray. It may delay processing a bit but it's not an uncommon situation.
  11. MaggieMay24

    Radiography in Australia

    Unfortunately the occupation ceiling list is more an issue if there have been a high number of applicants in any particular occupation. The first hurdle continues to be simply getting an invitation. As of the June invitation round, which is the latest round published on the DHA website, 85 points was required to get an invitation:
  12. MaggieMay24

    Skillselect ENS 186 Timeline

    No, perhaps you are confusing the 186 with the 187. The 187 visa comes with greater powers for Immigration to cancel the visa if the visa holder doesn't make a genuine effort to remain with their employer for 2 years after the visa is granted. The same is not true for the 186 visa.
  13. MaggieMay24

    Changing bridging visa conditions - 461

    I believe it's form 1005 if you currently hold a bridging visa.
  14. MaggieMay24

    Skillselect ENS 186 Timeline

    Your 186 visa does not have any condition that states you must remain working with your employer. It needed to be your intention when you applied and when the visa was processing, but after the visa is granted you can leave your employer.
  15. MaggieMay24

    Partner Visa Onshore - Not in Aus yet

    Since it seems this thread is progressing nowhere except to insulting people who are offering advice, I will close it.