Guest guest36187

Hello everybody,

i applied visa 143 for my parents in Nov 2015

since then my mum often visit us on tourist visa 600 & total time she spend in Aus up till now is over 12 months. As far as i know i need to do police check for her in Aus. Does anybody know how to do it? What document do i need coz she has only passport is her id. the passport is only 70 points ( not enough 100 points yet) 

thank u in advance.

On 07/05/2019 at 21:21, David Leask said:

Hi Vicky,

Thank you. Our latest date for initial entry is 2 January 2020.

Many congrats. At least you don’t have to leave and come back wondering again anymore. Nearly 12 months this since we last spoke about insurance. Gosh! Best wishes to you all.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

Many congrats. At least you don’t have to leave and come back wondering again anymore. Nearly 12 months this since we last spoke about insurance. Gosh! Best wishes to you all.

Thanks Kath.  I remember we flew out on the same day last June armed with our 600 visas and hopeful of getting our 143's within the first 12 months.  I must admit, many times I had my doubts that it would happen for us, but here we are!  We don't need to jump out for 6 months.  I'm guessing you have to go offshore soon, yes?  I feel for you.  All I can say (and I know it's easy for me) is, stick with it ...... you will get there.

1 hour ago, Mily said:

Hello everybody,

since then my mum often visit us on tourist visa 600 & total time she spend in Aus up till now is over 12 months. As far as i know i need to do police check for her in Aus. Does anybody know how to do it? What document do i need coz she has only passport is her id. the passport is only 70 points ( not enough 100 points yet) 

thank u in advance.

Hi Mily,

Your mum will need a National Police Check from the Australian Federal Police.  You can complete the application form online. It will cost around $42.  As you are already aware your mum will need enough forms of ID to add up to 100 points.  We used passports and Australian driving licenses. Your mum has a passport which is worth 70 points.  Her original birth certificate is worth another 70 points - does she still have this document?

Let me know if I can be of further help.

David

57 minutes ago, David Leask said:

We used passports and Australian driving licenses. 

Hi David

Were you able to obtain Australian driving licenses when you were on a 600 visa? I thought that you had to be a permanent resident before you were eligible (we are planning to come over to Queensland soon on a 12 month 600 visa). As we are planning to buy a 2nd hand car when we arrive rather than rent it would be helpful if we had an Australian driving license.

Many thanks

1 hour ago, David Leask said:

Thanks Kath.  I remember we flew out on the same day last June armed with our 600 visas and hopeful of getting our 143's within the first 12 months.  I must admit, many times I had my doubts that it would happen for us, but here we are!  We don't need to jump out for 6 months.  I'm guessing you have to go offshore soon, yes?  I feel for you.  All I can say (and I know it's easy for me) is, stick with it ...... you will get there.

Thankyou David 👍🤞😄

11 hours ago, David Leask said:

Hi Mily,

Your mum will need a National Police Check from the Australian Federal Police.  You can complete the application form online. It will cost around $42.  As you are already aware your mum will need enough forms of ID to add up to 100 points.  We used passports and Australian driving licenses. Your mum has a passport which is worth 70 points.  Her original birth certificate is worth another 70 points - does she still have this document?

Let me know if I can be of further help.

David

Thank you so much for your help im really appreciate that 😃

I can translate her birth certificate  to English and jp or certified it anytime or wait until immi ask for further documents? 

By the way do you know how long does the national police check from Aus Federal  Police valid for ? 

Because my mum will come to Aus next week for 2 weeks so i think i can apply police check for her when she is here. 

Thank you so much for your help im really appreciate that [emoji2]
I can translate her birth certificate  to English and jp or certified it anytime or wait until immi ask for further documents? 
By the way do you know how long does the national police check from Aus Federal  Police valid for ? 
Because my mum will come to Aus next week for 2 weeks so i think i can apply police check for her when she is here. 

Hi Mily,
The police check is valid for 12 months. It took less than two weeks to get it.
Good luck!
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mily said:

Thank you so much for your help im really appreciate that 😃

You don’t usually get the police check done unless immi have asked you to start supplying documents because  it only lasts for 12 months. So you would have to do it again if it’s run out before immi process the visa 

I think they’ve only reached August 2015 for requests for documents and could be a while before they reach November. Your mum doesn’t have to be present in Australia to have the checks done. . 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Mily said:

Hello everybody,

thank u in advance.

i opened up bank account for my mom in australia 

• Thanks 1

On 06/05/2019 at 11:38, Bear2015 said:

Dear Sh aron, 

Can you pls let me know  when  you were  contacted by Immi to pay the 2nd vac? Or Approximately  how many weeks after submitting the documents? 

Judy. 

plz check my signatures

22 hours ago, Mily said:

Hello everybody,

thank u in advance.

@Mily

Hi Mily go to this link. Fill and pay it online. 

https://afpnationalpolicechecks.converga.com.au/

• Thanks 1

Fantastic news today!    2nd vac request received today!   Lodgement date 24th july 2015 and request for info - medicals, AOSB and police checks and form 80 received mid december 2018     All details submitted to immigation mid January 2019

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 10

Well I thought this might happen.  immi want proof we’ve submitted Aos!  We did it by paperwork as daughter couldn’t get it to submit electronically and went down to Centrelink to sort everything out.  Our agent just had a letter 2 months later!!   Think we might be waiting a while then?  Hope not 🤪😎😎

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, Rosiejaq said:

Well I thought this might happen.  immi want proof we’ve submitted Aos!  We did it by paperwork as daughter couldn’t get it to submit electronically and went down to Centrelink to sort everything out.  Our agent just had a letter 2 months later!!   Think we might be waiting a while then?  Hope not 🤪😎😎

Looking on the bright side - at least it means that IMMI are actively monitoring your case rather than leaving it to languish in a black hole as has been the experience of some on this forum. Hopefully once you supply proof they will progress it quickly. Ever the optimist me.............

I am desperate for IMMI to start processing September's applications. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Wishfull said:

Looking on the bright side - at least it means that IMMI are actively monitoring your case rather than leaving it to languish in a black hole as has been the experience of some on this forum. Hopefully once you supply proof they will progress it quickly. Ever the optimist me.............

I am desperate for IMMI to start processing September's applications. 

Yes Wishfull I thought the same ...they have us in their sights😁😎😎

• Like 2

I applied June 2015 and still waiting for request for second payment. My son did the paperwork for the AoS in December but was only asked for payment last month. That has now cleared and approved but now my police check needs renewing so I did that yesterday. Hoping it won’t be too long.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1