Guest guest36187

@ramot I emailed my documents and got an auto reply like the normal ones when we do the "TEST" except this one was from PVC Team 1 and it said "This email is your confirmation that we received your email and/or your emailed documents"

Their request to me was to send by email and to reply to the same email address requesting additional documents. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Skeelsy said:

Following on regarding our sponsors AOS application via mygov from submitting to receipt of acceptance letter took 9 week exactly. So clearly backlog is clearing 

We’ve just had our acceptance letter. The whole AOS process has taken us 10 1/2 months!  I wonder if Centrelink delays have contributed to the lengthening wait and failure to grant the number of permitted parent visas each year. I appreciate that increased numbers are the main reason for the longer processing time

One little snippet of information that I have gleaned recently is regards the length of validity of the medicals. I’ve been panicking as we’re less than a month away from the anniversary of ours. According to our migration agent IMMI have the discretion to extend the valid period from 12 to 18 months.

• Thanks 1
  • Congratulations 3

600 visa holders.

can you advise of travel insurance companies from Oz to UK, 

I’ve realised mine has expired and I need ins to go back to the UK when my 12months is up

They seem to say Australian resident only when I look online

Many thanks everyone 

Edited by Kathss56

44 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

600 visa holders.

can you advise of travel insurance companies from Oz to UK, 

I’ve realised mine has expired and I need ins to go back to the UK when my 12months is up

They seem to say Australian resident only when I look online

Many thanks everyone 

Not sure if it will help but I used Budget Direct for my one way trip oz to uk last year. They might have something to suit.

3 hours ago, Skeelsy said:

Following on regarding our sponsors AOS application via mygov from submitting to receipt of acceptance letter took 9 week exactly. So clearly backlog is clearing 

I wonder if  it’s because you are already in Oz on 173 and too long a delay would put you on a bridging visa maybe? They would already have most of what they need from your previous application etc. 

25 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

Thanks @Amber Snowball

Were you still a resident in the UK at the time ?

thankyou

No. I was returning to live in the uk from oz. They provided one way coverage. I can’t remember if I had to declare if I was an Australian resident. I obviously was up until I left but I was leaving permanently so..... sorry I can’t remember more details. They had quite a selection of covers for various situations from memory and I could have as many weeks cover once I landed as I needed, within reason, cannot remember the maximum limit.

Hopefully you’ll find something suitable.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

I wonder if  it’s because you are already in Oz on 173 and too long a delay would put you on a bridging visa maybe? They would already have most of what they need from your previous application etc. 

Actually we have been waiting on a bridging visa for a year from when we applied for conversion from 173 to 143 and AOS is handled by centrelink who only does this part of visa process. 

On 12/04/2019 at 18:21, Marilyn said:

@ramot I emailed my documents and got an auto reply like the normal ones when we do the "TEST" except this one was from PVC Team 1 and it said "This email is your confirmation that we received your email and/or your emailed documents"

Their request to me was to send by email and to reply to the same email address requesting additional documents. 

Yes we also received the auto reply when we emailed team 1. Due to the high volume of emails received etc. unable to respond to enquires etc.

This mail box is used for correspondence for parent visas that have been assessed and being currently processed. So I think that is hopeful!!?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Marilyn said:

@Peter2Based on the tracking sheet, it could be between 1 to 3 months before the 2nd VAC is requested: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qdUJtvi43-4Ma76iDQWtT3Dv2KK4HxA1lvQzeAB2MOE

Peter it looks like someone has deleted column A so all the names have gone. sheet for 173 and 173 to 143 are okay. What a shame

Oh you’re right! I just checked and it says it was edited yesterday. Perhaps it should be locked to prevent people editing it? 

@LindaH27Yes I saw that at 5:59am! I see also another sheet has been added "Sheet 4" so I am thinking it could be someone not to familiar with Excel. I really hope it can be fixed - certainly if the error had been spotted straight away by Anonymous they could have just clicked the reverse button and the error would have fixed itself.

@Marilyn

Mine is saved in my Drive app as I thought it would be safer (obviously not) and it actually does show who and when it was edited - I don’t know whether that shows in just the google doc ? 

Such a shame as I’m sure @Peter2 worked so hard to set it up! 

Hopefully if everybody can check the dates and maybe re insert their names - having said that I’m not too sure I would know exactly  how to do it !! 

Thanks @LindaH27 and @Marilyn. The data has been restored to previous state. I'll try my best to restore the data that has been added after this version.

Part of the reason that I leave this publicly editable because I would prefer to have everyone contribute and I may not have time to monitor all the discussion to gather data.

I'm not sure if there is any other better option, but Google sheet can restore data to previous date if anything like this happen again.

If anyone don't want their name included, please feel free to remove it or let me know. I'll respect your privacy.

• Thanks 2

Immi have only asked people in August 2015 to start providing documents. For October 2015 applications it will probably  be another few months before you hear anything. But as the end of their financial year is end June it’s possible all visas have already been allocated and no new ones issued till July. 

• Like 1

On 31/01/2010 at 08:31, Guest guest36187 said:

I know that B.E. has their parent visa thread......why dont we have one?

All parent visa applicants.....here is your own thread in order to ask questions, chat, moan and groan....whatever you wish!

Good Luck to you all and looking fwd to hearing from you x

Applied for 173 in December 2015, received request for further documents on the 6/2/19 submitted all documents 8/4/19 anyone with some ideas how long it takes till I am asked to pay second visa cost?

appreciate any information