Guest guest36187

5 hours ago, Emmys Gran said:

Hi. I though people might be interest in our AOS saga. Our son submitted the Aos on 1 June 2018. About 20 December he had the phone call when he was told the AOS had been accepted and that he’d be getting the letter to pay the bond, shortly. About the same time he had an email from Centrelink requesting further ID to be provided within 5 days. He called in at the local office, the same day, with the requested document (which he’d submitted previously but they’d obviously lost it). After that....nothing. By the end of February we were getting more than a bit anxious particularly as we were within 2 months of the anniversary of our medicals. Our son is a busy dentist with full appointment books so has little spare time in working hours. He spent several lunchtimes on the phone to Centrelink being passed around automated menus or people who couldn’t help. We checked the Centrelink complaints webpage which says you can email a complaint linked to your My Gov account but again the links took us around in circles. Our son did email a complaint/query but this wasn’t even acknowledged let alone answered.

As a last resort we emailed the local MP’s office.  We had a rely from one of her officers the same day. He needed to speak to our son, Huw, being the person submitting the Aos. That took a couple of days but then a few days later Huw had a phone call from someone in what’s essentially a complaints department who sorted it and importantly gave us her direct number. Apparently the extra ID submitted hadn’t been linked to Huws account so the whole process had been left pending!  Who knows how long we would have been kept in limbo without the intervention of the MPs office!

There was another hiccup when the Huw found his account wouldn’t let him access the bond letter which had been sent by mail but the nice lady in complaints sorted that too & he was able to pick up a paper copy from the local Centrelink office. Unfortunately he can’t get an appointment with the bank for a week but at last things are moving & our new friend will ensure we get the acceptance letter promptly.  

Phew!

Sounds very similar to our experience with the AoS procedure.  Our delay was for a different reason but it wasn't until our daughter's MP got involved that we actually got a response from Centrelink and things eventually started moving.  Thank goodness you are now on track, hopefully it won't be too long before everything is done and dusted.

• Like 3

Hello everyone I am a silent follower in this group i lodged my 187 Rsms direct entry file on feb2018 as chef from ACT.But when I was on annual leave and went back to my country for my holidays in this feb/March my nomination get approved.I get married at the same time just want hear from you all is can I attached my wife file at the same time or not if I attached my wife file how long it will gonna take for further process and what will be the possibility to get permanent residence for both of us. Your advice and suggestion will be much appreciated. 

Thank you 

30 minutes ago, RealMVP said:

I don't see any 2nd vacs are being issued lately. Not sure what's happening!!

Suspect it’s because it’s getting closer to end of their financial year and may already have met their annual quota/ cap/ ceiling - whatever they’re calling it now! 

• Thanks 1

oh no! 

http://www.iscah.com/official-201920-migration-program-levels-released/

looks like official parents visa “quota” is total of 7371 - so that includes contributory , non contributory and 410/405 pathways! 

A big drop from potential 7175 contributory, 1500 non contributory and (I think)  125 pathways ( not sure whether they are included in 7175 or an extra allocation to be honest) 

• Sad 2

7 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

oh no! 

http://www.iscah.com/official-201920-migration-program-levels-released/

looks like official parents visa “quota” is total of 7371 - so that includes contributory , non contributory and 410/405 pathways! 

A big drop from potential 7175 contributory, 1500 non contributory and (I think)  125 pathways ( not sure whether they are included in 7175 or an extra allocation to be honest) 

Edited by ramot

Does anyone know how many people are currently in the queue at this stage? Anywhere i can find the data for that 

Applied for my parents in Nov 2017 and we're trying to get an idea of when they will get their perm visa if they are only going to be granting 6000 visas per year 

On 23/03/2019 at 23:17, LindaH27 said:

D666C69D-0F99-44E1-9283-36397086AAA4.png

Thanks Linda .
I can see that your 143 visa was lodged n middle of 2017. what is your expectation as to when you will receive the visa? I'm asking because my parents were was lodged in november 2017 so i am trying to get an idea where they are in the queue. 

Given that there were nearly 45000 in the queue by end June 2017 and that the government has just announced a cut In permanent migration to probably only approx 6000  contributory visas a year, (173,143 & 864) the maths isn’t good! 45000 divided by 6000 is 9 years but there could be dropouts, visa refusals etc so perhaps a bit less but I’m definitely expecting a very long wait! It will be 2 years in June and probably another 6 years wait ! Even 6 months difference in date of application  could mean a year later possibly 

All  migration is being looked at quite intensely by the government with the intention of reducing the total number of possible visas from 99 to just 10 - they were also looking at the fact that too many people in their opinion were already there on bridging visas and as parents cost them a lot of money as they grow older I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t get rid of 864 visas (which come with a bridging visa) and greatly increase the cost of 143 visas. At the moment  applicants are told the eventual  2nd Vac  is frozen to that at the date of application but the government  can - and have in the past - made retrospective changes to visas

Sorry to sound pessimistic but I do think it’s going to become a lot harder and take a lot longer to get a parent visa - this is of course only my personal opinion!  Others may have a different viewpoint  

So I think you have to resign yourself to the fact that your parents are in for a very long wait  - and as parents have to pass the medical (if one fails then both fail) then obviously the older we get the more chance there is of failing the medical even after waiting all those years! 

Hello everyone. 

I lodged my Mum’s 143 on Feb 2016 and still haven’t heard anything yet.... 

I’d been told it’s 18months waiting at the time I lodged it. Then after 18 months it increased to 35months. So I decided to apply for her a family sponsored visitor visa (600) and she got granted on April 2018 for 12months stay straight. My mum actually sold all her property in her hometown as we thought it could be enough time for her 143 been kicked in while she’s here.. But sadly she will have to fly out of Australia this end of March 😞 

As I heard from someone there is a condition 8558 which doesn’t allow to stay more than 12months in 18months. My mum visa doesn’t have this condition anyways but she does stay for 12 months straight. 

So Does anyone have any ideas if I can apply for another visitor visa for mum after a couple months she is out of Australia or  have to wait for 6 months? 

Thank you and really appreciate all advices 😞 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Doris said:

Hello everyone. 

I’d been told it’s 18months waiting at the time I lodged it. Then after 18 months it increased to 35months. So I decided to apply for her a family sponsored visitor visa (600) and she got granted on April 2018 for 12months stay straight. My mum actually sold all her property in her hometown as we thought it could be enough time for her 143 been kicked in while she’s here.. But sadly she will have to fly out of Australia this end of March 😞 

As I heard from someone there is a condition 8558 which doesn’t allow to stay more than 12months in 18months. My mum visa doesn’t have this condition anyways but she does stay for 12 months straight. 

So Does anyone have any ideas if I can apply for another visitor visa for mum after a couple months she is out of Australia or  have to wait for 6 months? 

Sadly waiting times are really unreliable. We were told 18 months in 2015 when we applied...we’ve just started processing at 42 months and expect at least another 6months.  Good luck to you though 

4 hours ago, Doris said:

Hello everyone. 

Depends what the existing 600 visa says. If it’s valid for 3 years and allows 12 months in any 18 then she has to leave for 6 months before re entry

If it was just for one year and she left she could reapply. But it’s likely to have that condition attached to any new visa and some posters have reported being told they had to wait 6 months to reapply and/ or were only given 3 months subsequent visit. 

Feb 16 application is now likely to take about 5 years I think as Aug 15 applications are taking approx  4 years to date and the queue only seems to be moving about four months every year. Im not sure how many were  in the queue at end June 2016 but at end June 2017  there were nearly 45000 and only 6000 a year now likely to be granted and that figure includes 173,143 and 864 applications too. 

5 hours ago, Doris said:

Hello everyone. 

Is your mum old enough to apply for the onshore 864 contributory aged parent visa? She has to be Australia state retirement age I believe. You May have to pay application charges again but she could then stay with you on a bridging visa  until the permanent one is granted 

Mum would have to be 66 for applications after 30 June and will have to pay another application charge and lose the existing 143 charge and her place/date in the queue. Yes that’s an option but it’s one that many people think is likely to be stopped in the future as Australia considers there are too many people (especially expensive older parents) on bridging visas and is looking closely at this and other visas. You are not considered as having PR , just as visitors, which may impact in other areas like buying houses etc. They’ve made a start by reducing the number of parent visas they will now grant - approx 6000 contributory visas a year which will also include 173,143, 864 and a few 405/410 pathways. They  haven’t made a decision yet but from a report I read a few months ago I believe that the consultation period has now closed. 

The Australian government can and has in the past made retrospective changes to visas. There was one in the  past which I think was related to student visas where people on bridging visas had them revoked and they had to leave. I seem to remember @ramot (I think) talking about it  The 864 visa also comes with a few restrictions -   no Medicare unless there’s a very basic reciprocal agreement with certain countries so private health insurance is a must. The medical must still be passed at the time they finally get around to processing the visa - if that’s quite a few years in the future your health could deteriorate (none of us knows how healthy we will be in the future) and you would have to leave if you failed the medical and have nothing to return to in your home country if you’ve sold up. In UK you may find NHS is also restricted if you return home.   For couples,  only one has to fail the medical to be refused the visa. 

Im also of the opinion that Australia is extremely aware of the possibility of parents changing to the 864 visa because of the increasingly longer  waiting times for the other parent visas and may be looking into this “loophole” for want of a better word!

All just my opinion for what it’s worth . Guess its a gamble you take! I wish you well whatever you decide. 

• Like 3