Guest guest36187

On 12/04/2019 at 09:53, Peter2 said:

18 hours ago, rajk said:

Hi All any update please for CPV  143 , i lodged my parents application on 4th oct 2015 ,still haven't heard any thing yet, no medical request nothing yet !!

Is there any reason why you didn't email them the documents? In the request for document letter, they mention that email is preferred and faster.

We didn't receive any acknowledgement receipt, and we had to follow up every month to know that our emails were lost and we had to resend them all documents. However, I saw some people here did get acknowledgement receipt saying that all documents have been received, so it depends on each case.

Based on the tracking sheet, it could be between 1 to 3 months before the 2nd VAC is requested: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qdUJtvi43-4Ma76iDQWtT3Dv2KK4HxA1lvQzeAB2MOE

18 hours ago, rajk said:

Hi All any update please for CPV  143 , i lodged my parents application on 4th oct 2015 ,still haven't heard any thing yet, no medical request nothing yet !!

16 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Immi have only asked people in August 2015 to start providing documents. For October 2015 applications it will probably  be another few months before you hear anything. But as the end of their financial year is end June it’s possible all visas have already been allocated and no new ones issued till July. 

16 hours ago, kimboslice said:

we are exactly the same date and year as you, we have not heard anythink. 😞

16 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Immi have only asked people in August 2015 to start providing documents. For October 2015 applications it will probably  be another few months before you hear anything. But as the end of their financial year is end June it’s possible all visas have already been allocated and no new ones issued till July. 

I spoke to my agent, who was very pessimistic, and thought it unlikely that I would hear anything before Sept!  As it is near the end of the financial year, resources would probably be deployed to process more urgent Visas. Skilled occupations etc.

• Sad 1

@Kalil Same boat as you just submitted mine earlier and haven't heard anything yet. The 70 day time frame was up yesterday so perhaps we will see some movements in the next few weeks if they require any further information or maybe only after 1st July - unfortunately noone can answer that query and we just need to wait.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, michaleasmum said:

I spoke to my agent, who was very pessimistic, and thought it unlikely that I would hear anything before Sept!  As it is near the end of the financial year, resources would probably be deployed to process more urgent Visas. Skilled occupations etc.

Hi Michael, did you chase up Immi to give you an opportunity to provide further documents such as AOS, police cert etc? it will be extremely unfair for 143 applicants whom submitted on September 2015 have to wait until September 2019 to hear anything from them while August 2015 applicants have received an invitation to provide further documents on February 2019.

1 hour ago, Marilyn said:

@Kalil Same boat as you just submitted mine earlier and haven't heard anything yet. The 70 day time frame was up yesterday so perhaps we will see some movements in the next few weeks if they require any further information or maybe only after 1st July - unfortunately noone can answer that query and we just need to wait.

@Marilyn thank you so much for your response. 

Lets hope we hear something soon. The issue is that they are very strict with correspondence and no contact number to call them to inquire. In any case please keep posting. 

• Like 1

Unable to get estimated months anymore off IMMI website only month of processing via this link.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/family-visa-processing-priorities/parent-visas-queue-release-dates

143 - Contributory Parent (subclass 143)   Processing times are not available for this visa Processing times are not available for this visa  

173 - Contributory Parent (subclass 173)   Processing times are not available for this visa Processing times are not available for this visa

Edited by Marilyn
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Marilyn said:

Unable to get estimated months anymore off IMMI website only month of processing via this link.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/family-visa-processing-priorities/parent-visas-queue-release-dates

143 - Contributory Parent (subclass 143)   Processing times are not available for this visa Processing times are not available for this visa  

173 - Contributory Parent (subclass 173)   Processing times are not available for this visa Processing times are not available for this visa

So after years of giving us some idea of how everything is progressing there is absolutely no way of knowing what is going on...this is so depressing and I’m so glad I’m now at the front of the queue after nearly 4 years.  I can only feel sorry for everyone behind me😩

13 hours ago, Ryanlee said:

Hi Michael, did you chase up Immi to give you an opportunity to provide further documents such as AOS, police cert etc? it will be extremely unfair for 143 applicants whom submitted on September 2015 have to wait until September 2019 to hear anything from them while August 2015 applicants have received an invitation to provide further documents on February 2019. 

As previously stated, no telephone number to contact IMMI.  This is only the opinion of my agent, that it could be September, before I hear anything.  It's very frustrating, not knowing where we stand.

4 hours ago, michaleasmum said:

As previously stated, no telephone number to contact IMMI.  This is only the opinion of my agent, that it could be September, before I hear anything.  It's very frustrating, not knowing where we stand.

Thanks Michael, hopefully Labor Party win this upcoming election as they are traditionally more lenient to migrants than this federal government.

Edited by Ryanlee

10 minutes ago, Ryanlee said:

Thanks Michael, hopefully Labor Party win this upcoming election as they are traditionally more lenient to migrants than this federal government.

I love my mother dearly and she is currently in the queue - Sept 2016 application date however I would rather stick hot needles in my eye than have a labor government. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Kathss56 said:

@SusieRoo your question re temporary parent visa and can you apply for parent visa ie 143/173

I have seen this online. But not sure if it’s ok if you are already awaiting a 143/173???

It says you can’t apply for parent visa whilst holding a valid 870 C79F6E6A-FC00-4EF3-9B76-70AA5671E335.jpeg.8bb0cd0438c16a933ce720b9ab97b5e9.jpeg

Yes - you need to get the order/your visa strategy right!

Best regards.

• Like 1

The applicant genuinely intends to stay in Australia temporarily.

Surely if you have already applied for a Permanent Parent Visa of any sort then the regulation above means that you will be ineligible for an 870 visa. I’m struggling to think who would apply for this visa and the more I read the regulations I’m beginning to wonder if the writing of it was to merely fulfil a govt pledge made because, the truth is the requirements and process of this new visa makes it very difficult to get and little use to the visa class it’s supposed to help.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, bridgie said:

Surely if you have already applied for a Permanent Parent Visa of any sort then the regulation above means that you will be ineligible for an 870 visa. I’m struggling to think who would apply for this visa and the more I read the regulations I’m beginning to wonder if the writing of it was to merely fulfil a govt pledge made because, the truth is the requirements and process of this new visa makes it very difficult to get and little use to the visa class it’s supposed to help.

The applicant only needs to intend to stay in Australia temporarily on that occasion, and then leave again. Nothing to stop them returning at a later date on a PR visa. 

As long as they are using the 870 to visit Australia with the intent of returning home prior to its expiry, there is no problem with them having also applied for PR. The same clause applies to most temporary visas, there should be an intent to leave again.

Edited by Nemesis
  • Like 2

The applicant only needs to intend to stay in Australia temporarily on that occasion, and then leave again. Nothing to stop them returning at a later date on a PR visa. 
As long as they are using the 870 to visit Australia with the intent of returning home prior to its expiry, there is no problem with them having also applied for PR. The same clause applies to most temporary visas, there should be an intent to leave again.

Good point and well made, thanks. I will be most interested to hear from someone when an 870 is granted.

10 hours ago, bridgie said:

On the same basis an applicant for a subclass 143 visa wouldn't be granted a visitor visa - and as we know visitor visas are granted to such applicants without too many problems.

Best regards.

• Like 1

We have just found out that tomorrow there will be a major Labor announcement re Long Stay Visa For Parents - Aus. This will be one of the best news that whole team has been waiting for long especially Arvind Duggal who has been using his entire free team to run campaign and has delayed an urgent surgery just to push the campaign in final phases before Federal election. Arvind's sacrifices will not go waste. Our understanding is that this will be one of the best policy for migrant communities in many years who are planning to spend many years with their parents in Australia without the option of permanent migration. Lets wait for tomorrow morning!

Copied from Facebook today

15 hours ago, Shane2019 said:

If an applicant who as lodged 143 gets onshore on 870, does the DHA pause processing the 143 application immediately or hold the decision until the applicant leaves? 

Would think they would not pause processing?? It has been said whilst awaiting a 143 etc., you would need agent advice.

Obviously, they would expect you to go offshore to accept/activate a 143 visa, like they do now if you are here on a visitor visa 

• Like 1

I’ve been waiting for my 143 since June 2015. Immi sent a letter to my agent giving me 28 days to finalise things but my son hadn’t heard from Centrelink. He came over here for a holiday and whilst here a letter arrived in Australia from Centrelink asking for the Assurance of Support within 14 days. 

Will Centrelink give him an extension? Just a week. Will immigration give an extension?

On 20/04/2019 at 16:38, Kathss56 said:

Thanks @Alan Collett

have heard since you can go for a 870 visa IF you have already applied for 143 etc.,

I hate to be a party pooper but maybe they are thinking that it is very unfair for someone who has or is applying for a permanent parent visa to take up a place when there are those who wish to spend time with family in Australia who maybe don't qualify for a permanent visa due to the BOF test or who simply don't have the means.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2