Guest guest36187

On 04/03/2019 at 11:38, SIMHAR said:

Can anyone help me please . I have deposit my AoS bond money today at commonwealth bank branch and got a bank guarantee letter. Now, How can I send this to Centrelink ? Do I have to go to branch to submit this ? please reply.

Any update  Simhar 

28 minutes ago, jimbob007 said:

I think they have stopped Granting 143 visas this year! 

Don’t forget we are getting close to end June which is their end financial year! Quite likely they have already reached their quota for this year already as there were so many in June 2015 which caused a backlog  

If that’s the case there will be lots (who have already reached the end of their process and who are just waiting)  granted once we reached July! 

It is so difficult to "guestimate" where they are and how many have been issued. They say they only assessing up to July 2015 but we know they already started asking for docs in August 2015 for 143 and October/November 2015 for 173

Edited by Marilyn

On 08/03/2019 at 10:57, Anks said:

@amsaini15 

$2000 per month Is this a correct figure? I pay around $325 (which recently got increased from $288) for my in-laws per month with Bupa Standard Visitors Cover 

@Anks

My parents are on 'Top Visitor Cover with Excess' plan since 2012. They have increased premium drastically every year to come to $2K each month from April. The only benefit is that I am able to suspend policy for 9 months when parents are not here.

'Standard Plus Visitor' cover has Restricted cardiac related services which is not suitable for my father as he has got stents. Apart from missing this, I still think this cover will involve significant out of pocket expenses if used for other services.

Hence I am interested in knowing what policy are others choosing which cover all major issues like cardiac.

I have just applied for CPV 143 little over a month before you. Let's keep checking with each other on progress.

On 08/03/2019 at 10:52, Marilyn said:

It is so difficult to "guestimate" where they are and how many have been issued. They say they only assessing up to July 2015 but we know they already started asking for docs in August 2015 for 143 and October/November 2015 for 173

Its very frustrating, not knowing, All we wont to do is to get back Start work, and enjoy life.

On 08/03/2019 at 10:31, LindaH27 said:

Don’t forget we are getting close to end June which is their end financial year! Quite likely they have already reached their quota for this year already as there were so many in June 2015 which caused a backlog  

If that’s the case there will be lots (who have already reached the end of their process and who are just waiting)  granted once we reached July! 

I know all Applicants are not on this site, I have only heard of one, who has had a 143 visa Granted  from June 2015.

Applied June 2015 Granted Dec 2018.

Aos saga continues.  Our daughter has been in contact with her local Centrelink office as she is unable to attach supporting documents to her submission and subsequently get a reference number so her partner can complete his.  Problem is.....we are regional/rural NSW and they’ve said they have never done an Aos before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   We are now waiting for Tuesday as our agent is in Victoria and it’s Labor Day bank holiday and offices are shut!  Who needs all this stress especially s we’re now on the the side of the world and unable to help directly!  😤😩😎😎😎

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

21 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

Think I would be chasing your Aos  - seems to be 10mths waiting?? ridiculously long!

we have had the AOS acceptance Letter  20 Dec 2018. just waiting to pay the 2nd VAC

can not update our signature ?

Edited by jimbob007

On 08/03/2019 at 10:31, LindaH27 said:

there was one granted who applied 1 week before us, and yet we are now 5 months behind, no props with paper work! ?

20 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

Like most pensioners here, it’s difficult to understand why in some countries pensions are frozen and why it seems commonwealth countries are penalised. Not sure if it’s all the commonwealth countries. Canada pensions are frozen, USA not. It’s illogical.

Mine has been frozen for 14 years, so I make sure I get every penny of the increased amount when I go to UK most years. What a nonsense that it then is returned to the lesser amount on my return. This must involve someone overseeing and confirming my entry and exit dates to UK, and goodness knows how many thousands of others. 

The above example shows how disgraceful the frozen pension ban is. I hope that the lady is eligible for the Australian pension and makes sure she receives everything else she is entitled to in Australia, according to a friend who has recently retired, it’s important to go into Centrelink because there is more help available than you might realise. 

• Like 3

On 07/03/2019 at 10:04, Rosiejaq said:

Hi all, need to pick your brains.  Our daughter is currently trying to complete her Aos online but is unable to download documents due to an error on the website.  She has talked to the helpline who have suggested using another computer, deleting the cache etc which she has done which hasn’t helped.  She has been to the local Centrelink office who say it’s done but when she logs in it is still unfinished in her folder.  She needs a reference number so her partner can complete his part.  Our deadline is Monday!  Our agents have been a great help, but I wonder if anyone has any great ideas how to get through this problem?   Thanks all.

Well after being in a continuing conversation with her local Centrelink office we are now at the point of collecting paper forms to fill in and return for them to download to the system and send to wherever - although they don’t know where! And then my daughter and partner going into to Centrelink in person to confirm who they are!  What a palaver.....she has wasted over 3 weeks of a hectic life for no avail.  Onwards and upwards 🇦🇺😎😎

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 09/03/2019 at 18:02, amsaini15 said:

@Anks

The only benefit is that I am able to suspend policy for 9 months when parents are not here.

Hence I am interested in knowing what policy are others choosing which cover all major issues like cardiac.

I have just applied for CPV 143 little over a month before you. Let's keep checking with each other on progress.

@amsaini15 fair enough mate, that's exorbitant though! But with those specific conditions I reckon one doesn't have much choice. I won;t be able to advise of any other providers as I am using just the basic standard atm. 

Yup we are almost in the same time frame I reckon so lets keep tracking. One thing I noticed though is that your first acknowledgement came through very quick compared to mine. It took more than 2 months before I got my first acknowledgement. And since then have not heard anything which also raises a question for everyone here,

Did anyone got any email or correspondence after the 1st acknowledgement? As I have been sitting with no info asked/requested makes me wonder if my file is getting anywhere at all or is it with that timeline that we get is the time when they actually look into it for the first time?