Guest guest36187

13 minutes ago, Tidang said:

Hi sh aron my sister 30 years old and Im depend child like zaki 24 years old. Hi Whataday when the AL hit the email i dont understand ???

i think AL means assurance of letter and my sister turned 25 this year

1 hour ago, sh aron said:

zaki do you know if my sister gets 173 visa can she apply for 143 after 2 years as she will not be dependent at that time?????????????????????

Sharon,

I am afraid, and this question is lil puzzling. If you scroll up I guess last week someone raised this concern I Personally think get an expert advise 

Kind regards,

Zaki 

I know it is very stressful and you are all waiting with baited breath. I envy you all at this final stage.

But I think you are the lucky ones!!

spare a thought for us with a long way to go. I am dreading the new budget and what Dutton may have in store for us!!!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Zaki said:

Sharon,

I am afraid, and this question is lil puzzling. If you scroll up I guess last week someone raised this concern I Personally think get an expert advise 

Kind regards,

Zaki 

its so scary as decision will be coming soon so cannot change anything even it doesn't work 

1 hour ago, sh aron said:

zaki do you know if my sister gets 173 visa can she apply for 143 after 2 years as she will not be dependent at that time?????????????????????

These are parent visas only and sponsored by the parents child residing in Oz?

This is from their website about eligible children 

“over 23 years of age and be unable to earn a living to support themselves due to physical or cognitive limitations and be dependent on you or your partner (Note: The child will still need to meet Australia’s health requirement”

I believe eligibility is decided at time of grant and not lodgement. Immi have to do other checks to prove dependency I believe which may be the reason for some delays. 

1 hour ago, LindaH27 said:

This is from their website about eligible children 

“over 23 years of age and be unable to earn a living to support themselves due to physical or cognitive limitations and be dependent on you or your partner (Note: The child will still need to meet Australia’s health requirement”

I believe eligibility is decided at time of grant and not lodgement. Immi have to do other checks to prove dependency I believe which may be the reason for some delays. 

One question 

at at time of grant, I just completed my masters degree. May and June summer vacation I could enrolll for further studies after July (Please please grant me visa before that ?) so if I won’t be student in between would co tag me as ‘not student’. In a nutshell study gap of two months is acceptable???????

14 minutes ago, Zaki said:

One question 

at at time of grant, I just completed my masters degree. May and June summer vacation I could enrolll for further studies after July (Please please grant me visa before that ?) so if I won’t be student in between would co tag me as ‘not student’. In a nutshell study gap of two months is acceptable???????

I haven't posted here for some time but pop occasionally in just to see how people are progressing (and belated congratulations to those who have received their visas).

The question of eligibility and dependency could be a minefield and really you should be asking these questions of a qualified Immigration Agent.  (Emphasis on the qualified).  You really shouldn't be relying on other people's interpretation of the rules.  I don't want to offend the people here giving well-meaning opinions on such important matters, but it would be dreadful if at the last moment you find you come up against a problem that could have been avoided by seeking professional advice.  The cost of obtaining an agent's opinion is money well spent in such a difficult area.

• Like 12

3 hours ago, Tidang said:

Hi sh aron my sister 30 years old and Im depend child like zaki 24 years old. Hi Whataday when the AL hit the email i dont understand ???

Are you saying you are also dependent on your parents? Can I ask how long you have been living in Australia and are you on a student visa?

1 hour ago, Zaki said:

One question 

You have stated on here you have a migrant agent doing your application. Please ask them these questions as they will know the answer far more than all of us. Why pay for the service and then ask a forum of general public?

16 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

You have stated on here you have a migrant agent doing your application. Please ask them these questions as they will know the answer far more than all of us. Why pay for the service and then ask a forum of general public?

And do ensure that your agent is a registered one, i.e. Migration Agents Registration Authority.

Arrived in Perth on visiter visa in November 2008 waiting for our parent contributory visa to be finalised we eventually got our residency in November 2009 my question is when can we get our assurance of support back my son was our assurance of support. When I look on the centre link web sight it says from the time you entered Australia or the time you obtained your visa is this right as that would mean it can be claimed back this November which will be 10 years am I right in thinking this ?

1 hour ago, Tidang said:

Hi Susie Roo Im live in Viet Nam depends on my parents such as : Food, clothes, shelter and Im student full time like Zaki. I never go to australia from now on.

Thank you Tidang, now I understand.

I thought you were already in Australia and sponsoring your parents and sister.

Good luck with your visa.

1 hour ago, Tulip1 said:

Hey tulip, 

I would have asked her but she is on her trip to Hawaii. 

Thanks 

Zaki 

25 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

Thank you Tidang, now I understand.

I thought you were already in Australia and sponsoring your parents and sister.

Good luck with your visa.

One of the reasons it is so difficult to obtain correct advice, Even the questions and the situation of the posters are not always clear - the posters absolutely should be seeking help from their agents, especially in such a complex area even if it means waiting for them to get back from holiday! 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, palaceboy1 said:

After reading some of the stuff on the last few pages I understand what a difficult job Immi have and maybe why the processing times are increasing

There's some truth in that.

Recently I saw a thread about partner visas.  For a couple who have been together long enough and have evidence to prove it, that should be the most straightforward visa of all to get - but an agent posted to say it's the one that has most refusals!     

However that's not because Immigration is refusing genuine applicants.  It's because there are so many people applying who either haven't been together long enough, or don't have enough evidence to prove it.  Most of those people shouldn't have applied in the first place, and obviously they're clogging up the system for everyone else.  Makes you wonder about how much that happens with other visas.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Sadge said:

One of the reasons it is so difficult to obtain correct advice, Even the questions and the situation of the posters are not always clear - the posters absolutely should be seeking help from their agents, especially in such a complex area even if it means waiting for them to get back from holiday! 

I have lived in Oz for 15 years on a retirement visa and been a member of PIO for a long time, but never give immigration advice as I am not qualified or an MA. We applied for an 864 visa last year and are in the queue. I am happy to help with general questions about things I have experienced and know about, but definitely never immigration advice. Have seen too much misinformation given, however well intentioned over the years. 

• Like 9

23 hours ago, whataday said:

I see, I also noticed that yours was on 18/3/2015 and allocated CO in Jan 2018. Funny that why Jen still mentioned that your application will be soon allocated and reviewed by a case officer, your has been allocated a CO already in Jan. no idea about it.  

Your progress has given me a strong indication/message that PVC has reached the limit and will/has to leave a few places for some sort of emergency grant before 30/6/2018.  It seems processing team is working thru all decision ready applications and collect all of them ready at the moment. PVC is more likely send a bunch of 2nd PVC requests in the next week or so and to grant them after 1/7/2018.

Still hope yours will be finalised before FY 

lets see what happens

kind regards 

Peter 

Really! Thanks Peter for your cheerful observation. Ha! I don't see this conclusion and think it's best to remain more hopeful anyway. Oh unless your The Peter. The immigration minister. Lol

3 hours ago, Sadge said:

I haven't posted here for some time but pop occasionally in just to see how people are progressing (and belated congratulations to those who have received their visas).

The question of eligibility and dependency could be a minefield and really you should be asking these questions of a qualified Immigration Agent.  (Emphasis on the qualified).  You really shouldn't be relying on other people's interpretation of the rules.  I don't want to offend the people here giving well-meaning opinions on such important matters, but it would be dreadful if at the last moment you find you come up against a problem that could have been avoided by seeking professional advice.  The cost of obtaining an agent's opinion is money well spent in such a difficult area.

Very true, but we also have to accept this is the very nature of any internet forum, where everyone is welcome to share their thoughts and opinions. Otherwise this would just be a ‘Q & A with Alan’ page.

With a name like Poms in Oz, I guess this website was originally targeted at UK citizens, but I am always appreciative of the many nationalities now sharing this thread. It’s very insightful to read other peoples interpretation of the rules and clearly we can’t always expect our UK presumptions to prevail.

It would be hard for an otherwise fit and healthy person in their late 20’s of 30’s to prove dependency on their parents here. So Australian immigration undoubtedly exercises some prudence to allow for these cultural differences.

We now have an Australian Government that is becoming increasingly hostile to parent immigrants. As UK applications only account for >5% of parent visas, it is also valuable to get a broader understanding of the current situation.

It’s sometimes difficult to understand why anyone would object to a few blue-rinsed grannies coming over with pockets of cash and their pensions, to join well-established families. But clearly this is not the same for every parent and it’s good to see this from another perspective. We sometimes forget how comparatively easy life is in the UK, and “there but for the grace of god go I”.

Even so, the parent visa is not a humanitarian visa, it’s just for families to be reunited with their parents. It would be wrong it the process was being abused for economic reasons and would give politicians good reason to take a hard line on all parent visas.

And for the record, I’m not implying anyone here on this forum is guilty of abusing the system. But it must be hard for immi to make a judgement in many cases with older dependent children.

Anyway enough waffling, and I agree you should always seek professional advice if you have any concerns about qualifying for visa.

And good luck to everyone.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

"Very true, but we also have to accept this is the very nature of any internet forum, where everyone is welcome to share their thoughts and opinions. Otherwise this would just be a ‘Q & A with Alan’ page.

With a name like Poms in Oz, I guess this website was originally targeted at UK citizens, but I am always appreciative of the many nationalities now sharing this thread. It’s very insightful to read other peoples interpretation of the rules and clearly we can’t always expect our UK presumptions to prevail.

It would be hard for an otherwise fit and healthy person in their late 20’s of 30’s to prove dependency on their parents here. So Australian immigration undoubtedly exercises some prudence to allow for these cultural differences."

Exactly  my point - I do recognise that people here are from different cultures and how can we (those of us in the UK) give advice on what is clearly a very complex situation, something that probably very few here have any knowledge or a full understanding of - especially when it comes to the complexities of eligibility,  which I was attempting to address. That is best left to the experts.  

• Like 4