Guest guest36187

2 minutes ago, Uk2oz said:

Hi everyone Finally spoken with a Mara agent and it looks like we are going down the contributory parent visa route. One thing I didn't ask was does the child in Australia have to have been a resident for 2 years when you lodge your visa application or is it ok to lodge before the 2 years as the current waiting time for the parent visa process is roughly 3 years.  We have just spoken to the kids in Australia One daughter has just sent this......I’m on a bridging visa A. I’ve applied for a partner visa. Usually that wouldn’t give permanent residency for 2 years but because we’ve been together almost 6 years and have 2 kids I should skip those 2 years and go straight to permanent resident status. It’s not guaranteed but it’s about 99% likely. I applied 31/12/16...... the other daughter already has permanent residency for 1 year and 5 months. 189 granted in dec 2016 ?, 

The "settled sponsor" question is one your agent should be able to answer.

Best regards.

21 hours ago, Agam said:

I got acknowledgement letter dated 23 April 2015 mine is bit different as it’s my mom and dependent 25 year sister now waiting .. stressed 

25 is fairly old to be a dependent, she could be 28+ by the time you go for the full 143 visa.

2 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

25 is fairly old to be a dependent, she could be 28+ by the time you go for the full 143 visa.

What are the parameters of dependent child? Being 24years and full time University student, Bank statement is that quite enough?

Hi zaki i have a question just for fun in the dependency questionnaire the question 8 : Are you married, living in a de-factor relationship or have any plans to marry in the near future ?  How long i can have girl friend or boyfriend?????  ^^

1 hour ago, Zaki said:

What are the parameters of dependent child? Being 24years and full time University student, Bank statement is that quite enough?

I’ve just looked on homelands website and there are age restrictions.....

”To include a child as migrating with you in your visa application, the child must:

• be your child or a stepchild from a current or a previous relationship (in certain circumstances);
  • not be married, engaged to be married, or have a de facto partner; and must be: 
    1. under 18 years of age
      or
    2. over 18 years of age but not yet turned 23, and be dependent on you or your partner
      or
    3. over 23 years of age and be unable to earn a living to support themselves due to physical or cognitive limitations and be dependent on you or your partner (Note: The child will still need to meet Australia’s health requirement)
      or
    4. a dependent child of a child who is eligible under 1, 2 or 3 above.”

6 minutes ago, Rosiejaq said:

I’ve just looked on homelands website and there are age restrictions.....

”To include a child as migrating with you in your visa application, the child must:

• be your child or a stepchild from a current or a previous relationship (in certain circumstances);
  • not be married, engaged to be married, or have a de facto partner; and must be: 
    1. under 18 years of age
      or
    2. over 18 years of age but not yet turned 23, and be dependent on you or your partner
      or
    3. over 23 years of age and be unable to earn a living to support themselves due to physical or cognitive limitations and be dependent on you or your partner (Note: The child will still need to meet Australia’s health requirement)
      or
    4. a dependent child of a child who is eligible under 1, 2 or 3 above.”

Hi Rosie, 

Condition no 2. Turned 23 Currently 24 dependent on my parents and Single. At the time of lodgement I was 21...

Zaki 

Edited by Zaki

5 hours ago, Uk2oz said:

Hi everyone Finally spoken with a Mara agent and it looks like we are going down the contributory parent visa route. One thing I didn't ask was does the child in Australia have to have been a resident for 2 years when you lodge your visa application or is it ok to lodge before the 2 years as the current waiting time for the parent visa process is roughly 3 years.  We have just spoken to the kids in Australia One daughter has just sent this......I’m on a bridging visa A. I’ve applied for a partner visa. Usually that wouldn’t give permanent residency for 2 years but because we’ve been together almost 6 years and have 2 kids I should skip those 2 years and go straight to permanent resident status. It’s not guaranteed but it’s about 99% likely. I applied 31/12/16...... the other daughter already has permanent residency for 1 year and 5 months. 189 granted in dec 2016 ?, 

The official requirement says “Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen is considered settled if they have been living in Australia for two years”. So you probably will not qualify until December 2018. It would be terrible to wait in the visa queue for many years and then be told your application is not valid.

Always best to invest in professional advise on any issues like this and a good agency like GoMatilda would be your best bet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sh aron said:

does anyone knows if 24 or 25 year got visa 173 do they still need to be dependent while applying visa 143 ?????????????????????????????????????????????

This is a very good question.

Because the wait for parent visas is now so long, many dependent children will have become independent adults by the time their application is processed.

For example, a family making an application today could have an 18-year-old child and truthfully claim the child was a dependant. But 4 or 5 years later the situations will have undoubtedly changed.

Clearly immi judges each application at the time of processing, regardless of how long the application has been delayed.

There is a requirement to inform immi of any change in circumstance, such as moving to a new address or getting a new passport number. So if your child becomes non-dependent or reaches their 23rd birthday, undoubtedly you would also need to inform immi of this change.

Looking at Rosiejaq’s post above, I guess anyone over 23 will now find it difficult to meet the requirements for dependency and still pass the medical.

This is truly heart-breaking and it’s bad enough when they leave home, but having to leave one child behind is unimaginable.

Any parents with children over 17/18 would be wise to take this into consideration when making a new application.

There are other visa options for young people and I would seek professional advice. @Alan Collett would be my agent of choice.

Edited by SusieRoo

11 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

This is a very good question.

Because the wait for parent visas is now so long, many dependent children will have become independent adults by the time their application is processed.

For example, a family making an application today could have an 18-year-old child and truthfully claim the child was a dependant. But 4 or 5 years later the situations will have undoubtedly changed.

Clearly immi judges each application at the time of processing, regardless of how long the application has been delayed.

There is a requirement to inform immi of any change in circumstance, such as moving to a new address or getting a new passport number. So if your child becomes non-dependent or reaches their 23rd birthday, undoubtedly you would also need to inform immi of this change.

Looking at Rosiejaq’s post above, I guess anyone over 23 will now find it difficult to meet the requirements for dependency and still pass the medical.

This is truly heart-breaking and it’s bad enough when they leave home, but having to leave one child behind is unimaginable.

Any parents with children over 17/18 would be wise to take this into consideration when making a new application.

There are other visa options for young people and I would seek professional advice. @Alan Collett would be my agent of choice.

Generally In South Asia, Children rely on their parents even till their marriage or else indirectly support parents business to end meets.  When we applied we did not know that it would take more than 3 years. 

I guess those who were below 23 before new rule won't face any issues ?as long as you are continuse full time student. 

Good luck everyone

20 minutes ago, Zaki said:

Generally In South Asia, Children rely on their parents even till their marriage or else indirectly support parents business to end meets.  When we applied we did not know that it would take more than 3 years. 

I guess those who were below 23 before new rule won't face any issues ?as long as you are continuse full time student. 

Good luck everyone

Same in the UK with many older children still living with their parents, they are unable to buy houses or afford high rents.

I guess it’s different in Australia and they expect 23 year-olds to be independent and self-sufficient.

But there are many other visa options for young people to live and work/study in Australia. Maybe worth considering just in case.

Edited by SusieRoo

7 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

Same in the UK with many older children still living with their parents, they are unable to buy houses or afford high rents.

I guess it’s different in Australia and they expect 23 year-olds to be independent and self-sufficient.

But there are many other visa options for young people to live and work/study in Australia. Maybe worth considering just in case.

Would they reject application if we fail to prove dependcy? Any idea @SusieRoo

4 hours ago, Zaki said:

Hi Rosie, 

Condition no 2. Turned 23 Currently 24 dependent on my parents and Single. At the time of lodgement I was 21...

Zaki 

Time of judgement is irrelevant. It's when it's looked at by a case officer that counts 

42 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

I don't know if living with parents would actually be the same as being dependent?  especially if you are working, but can't afford to buy or rent.

7 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Would they turn down dependant application  even after AOS bond lodged and acceptance letter issued like Zaki??

This is another good question because it depends on how the visa is processed.  If they have steps to follow, then maybe they won't decide this until just before 2nd vac.  It must be really worrying for Zaki.

3 hours ago, Zaki said:

Would they reject application if we fail to prove dependcy? Any idea @SusieRoo

Sorry Zak I don’t mean to cause you additional stress. I’m not an expert so really don’t know how rigidly they apply these rules. You can view the Homelands website to read all the relevant information via this link https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa/incl

On a positive note, I have never read of anyone having his or her application refused due to the 23-year max age requirement.

I’m sure you’ll get an opportunity to talk to your case officer and I hope it works out in your favour.

3 hours ago, Rosiejaq said:

I don't know if living with parents would actually be the same as being dependent?  especially if you are working, but can't afford to buy or rent.

I would doubt it, especially somewhere like the UK which has an excellent benefit system. Even on a minimum wage someone could afford to rent a room, life wouldn't be rosy but it can be done and if people fall below a certain amount then they would get topped up by benefits. 

3 hours ago, Rosiejaq said:

This is another good question because it depends on how the visa is processed.  If they have steps to follow, then maybe they won't decide this until just before 2nd vac.  It must be really worrying for Zaki.

It must be worrying but shouldn't be if the person concerned is truely dependant and meets the criteria 

5 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

Sorry Zak I don’t mean to cause you additional stress. I’m not an expert so really don’t know how rigidly they apply these rules. You can view the Homelands website to read all the relevant information via this link https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa/incl

On a positive note, I have never read of anyone having his or her application refused due to the 23-year max age requirement.

I’m sure you’ll get an opportunity to talk to your case officer and I hope it works out in your favour.

8 hours ago, Rosiejaq said:

My sister just rang our agent regarding AoS and dependency. She said to prove dependcy has no relation with age criteria as we applied before implementation of 'up to 23 years' Rule. On the otherside, Living with my parents and never been married making up the requirement of (Shelter, Food)

I have been waiting since a long time due to this application I have rejected many Fortune opportunities. 3 Years As being Young toughest thing to 'Wait' #goldenperiodoflife. 

Jesus is not heartless ?

3 hours ago, Zaki said:

My sister just rang our agent regarding AoS and dependency. She said to prove dependcy has no relation with age criteria as we applied before implementation of 'up to 23 years' Rule. On the otherside, Living with my parents and never been married making up the requirement of (Shelter, Food)

I have been waiting since a long time due to this application I have rejected many Fortune opportunities. 3 Years As being Young toughest thing to 'Wait' #goldenperiodoflife. 

Jesus is not heartless ?

But are you working? And are you in a country that provides welfare benefits - for instance the UK provides benefits therefore a 24 year od is expected to be independent and its almost impossible to prove dependency unless they are incapable of living alone.

what's Jesus got to do with i? He doesn't work for Immigration.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

But "dependent" doesn't mean living at home.  Older children in the UK are still earning a living, buying their own clothes, car, etc.   They could probably afford a flat share.   They are choosing to stay at home so they can build up some savings, but that is not "dependent".  

Well things have started to move for us. We received our letter inviting us to submit documents on Tuesday. We’ve no case officer yet but after Geoff & Gills experience i’m very relieved to have received it. We’ve booked our Medicals for next week and completed the application for police checks. Just to complicate matters we’re moving out to Aus on a 600 visa the week after next. It’s all go!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

But are you working? And are you in a country that provides welfare benefits - for instance the UK provides benefits therefore a 24 year od is expected to be independent and its almost impossible to prove dependency unless they are incapable of living alone.

what's Jesus got to do with i? He doesn't work for Immigration.

India is largest democracy. If they start providing welfare benefits than govt will be bank corrupted.  

No I never been employed. Still studying