Guest guest36187

27 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

A long but very interesting post

http://insidestory.org.au/where-now-for-australias-immigration-level/

one paragraph in particular as below  (nb the parent stream mentioned here includes non contributory allocation as well as cvp ).....

“Cuts in the family stream will therefore focus almost entirely on parent visas, 7563 of which were issued in 2016–17. The parent category and the small “other family” category will need to be reduced by up to 5000 places. As demand for partner places is likely to continue to rise, partner and child visas may in future years become close to 100 per cent of the family stream.”

??

If they cut 5000 parent visa places the CPV queue would be 25 to 30 years long, I will be lucky to live that long.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Nicole Eire said:

Still nothing...

They requested clarification of something on the form 80 on March 23rd. I sent them what they required the same day.

I emailed them (from my mum's email) nearly two weeks ago on April 23rd, a whole month after they received what they wanted, with a cheeky email to ask if there was anything outstanding, or if they could confirm that they have received all documents. This was the response:

Email subject: FINAL ASSESSMENT UPDATE (written by them)

We confirm that all documents have been received by this office.

Your application file will be allocated soon and reviewed by a Case Officer to ensure all criteria has been met for a 2nd VAC payment request.  No further information is required from you at this stage.  The final assessment notification (request for 2nd VAC) will provide the applicant with 28 days to make payment and (if required) travel arrangements per instructions provided.

Our case management team is working through cases ready to finalise, and we appreciate your patience at this time.

Regards,

Haven't heard a dickiebird since. So frustrating. I think it's doing my parents head in, and I'm here refreshing her email every 10minutes or so, knowing that I'll be the first to see it with the time difference!!

Hey Nicole Eire

Thanks for sharing this email with us.

May I know the name of person who sent this email to you?

thanks and kind regards

peter

Just now, whataday said:

Hey Nicole Eire

Thanks for sharing this email with us.

May I know the name of person who sent this email to you?

thanks and kind regards

peter

The person's name was Jen. That is the way they sign off now - first name and position number. Presumably to protect their identity (so no Facebook stalking!!). Looks like this:

Regards,

Jen

Position Number xxxxxxxx (of course this is a real number)

Visa Processing Officer, Parents

Skilled and Family Visa Program | Immigration and Visa Services Division

Immigration and Citizenship Services

Department of Home Affairs

E: pvc.team1@homeaffairs.gov.au

P: 131 881

3 minutes ago, Nicole Eire said:

The person's name was Jen. That is the way they sign off now - first name and position number. Presumably to protect their identity (so no Facebook stalking!!). Looks like this:

Regards,

Jen

Position Number xxxxxxxx (of course this is a real number)

Visa Processing Officer, Parents

Skilled and Family Visa Program | Immigration and Visa Services Division

Immigration and Citizenship Services

Department of Home Affairs

E: pvc.team1@homeaffairs.gov.au

P: 131 881

I see, I also noticed that yours was on 18/3/2015 and allocated CO in Jan 2018. Funny that why Jen still mentioned that your application will be soon allocated and reviewed by a case officer, your has been allocated a CO already in Jan. no idea about it.  

Your progress has given me a strong indication/message that PVC has reached the limit and will/has to leave a few places for some sort of emergency grant before 30/6/2018.  It seems processing team is working thru all decision ready applications and collect all of them ready at the moment. PVC is more likely send a bunch of 2nd PVC requests in the next week or so and to grant them after 1/7/2018.

Still hope yours will be finalised before FY 

lets see what happens

kind regards 

Peter 

3 hours ago, whataday said:

I trust that PVC will manage the timeframes well and will get yours parents appliction finalised in time 

To your parents, I believe it is not far away and let’s wait for a cheerful news from you in the coming week or so.

Have a great weekend to you Clare

cheers 

peter

We know how Clare's parents feel as we've been working in limbo for the last 18 months having originally told our employer that the wait was 18 months we are constantly having to update him on the timeline.  Now he's thinking of converting the business (guest house) to flats so we'll need a job and home for a few months if the wait continues to extend.  Life on hold is such a stress especially when you don't know what is happening or when!!

• Sad 3

I had a response from the leader of the Green party.... we sit and wait now..........

Dear Jacqui 

Thank you for your email regarding the Disallowance Motion.

The Senator will table the Motion at the earliest opportunity in the Senate.

Thank you for writing to Senator McKim on this matters.

Regards Deb

Debra Rees

Head of Office

Office of Nick McKim | Australian Greens Senator for Tasmania

149B Macquarie Street, Hobart 7000 |P: 03 6224 8899 
SG-55 Parliament House, Canberra ACT 2600|
P: 02 6277 3601

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Geoffandgill said:

Just sent test e-mail to Immi and they’re now assessing 143 applications up to and including 30th April 2015!

Geoff & Gill

Hi there,

Do you know what to assessing date was for the 864 as I'm not getting an update on the email at the moment?

Thanks ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rosiejaq said:

We know how Clare's parents feel as we've been working in limbo for the last 18 months having originally told our employer that the wait was 18 months we are constantly having to update him on the timeline.  Now he's thinking of converting the business (guest house) to flats so we'll need a job and home for a few months if the wait continues to extend.  Life on hold is such a stress especially when you don't know what is happening or when!!

Couldn’t agree more and talk about stress, we took @Ray and Geri's advice from their post last week and bought a home blood pressure monitor. We both are reasonably fit and active and never had high blood pressure readings when visiting the doctors in the past. But now we are both showing 140+ and we have checked the machine on several friends and they are all normal. Very worrying and I put it down to the stress of the visa process. It’s all the uncertainty and not knowing how to plan for work or house sale or life in general.

5 hours ago, Ferrets said:

Hi there,

Do you know what to assessing date was for the 864 as I'm not getting an update on the email at the moment?

Thanks ?

I had no problem yesterday getting an update yesterday, don't know why I bothered though,  still 27th October 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

parents@homeaffairs.gov.au

6 hours ago, Rosiejaq said:

I had a response from the leader of the Green party.... we sit and wait now..........

Dear Jacqui 

Thank you for your email regarding the Disallowance Motion.

The Senator will table the Motion at the earliest opportunity in the Senate.

Thank you for writing to Senator McKim on this matters.

Regards Deb

Debra Rees

Head of Office

Office of Nick McKim | Australian Greens Senator for Tasmania

149B Macquarie Street, Hobart 7000 |P: 03 6224 8899 
SG-55 Parliament House, Canberra ACT 2600|
P: 02 6277 3601

You were lucky, I didn't get a single reply to any of my emails to senators and our local MP just a standard email received. I didn't send one to the above, wonder if it's worth several of us sending one?

2 hours ago, ramot said:

I had no problem yesterday getting an update yesterday, don't know why I bothered though,  still 27th October 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

parents@homeaffairs.gov.au

It seems they limit me to one update a week and last was on the 28th April.

Shame there is no move ?

13 hours ago, whataday said:

I trust that PVC will manage the timeframes well and will get yours parents appliction finalised in time 

To your parents, I believe it is not far away and let’s wait for a cheerful news from you in the coming week or so.

Have a great weekend to you Clare

cheers 

peter

Let’s hope they send a bulk 2nd VAC request for us all, rather than waiting until the next financial year.

Enjoy your weekend too Peter 

I suppose  most of people here have similar feeling/situation. The processing time is always different and it trends to be more mths compared to the last official update :( 

PVC is receiving heaps of complaint emails from their clients every working day so I bet they are used to facing those emails and know how to deal with their clients.

lets fingers crossed and look forward to some CHEERFUL news in the coming days 

Have a relaxing weekend and enjoy the day

cheers

Peter

5 minutes ago, Mrs Depp said:

Let’s hope they send a bulk 2nd VAC request for us all, rather than waiting until the next financial year.

Enjoy your weekend too Peter 

Good morning Clare

I bet we will receive the 2nd payment request within next a few days. Regarding whether to grant is up to PVC case management team and this year quota level at that time.

I still think your parents is more likely to be granted before FY due to your early lodgement date 

Have a great weekend Clare and look forward to great news on your parents visa

Peter

• Like 1

On 5/2/2018 at 20:20, Zaki said:

What are the parameters of dependent child? Being 24years and full time University student, Bank statement is that quite enough?

zaki do you know if my sister gets 173 visa can she apply for 143 after 2 years as she will not be dependent at that time?????????????????????

16 minutes ago, Tidang said:

My sister lodged in 26/03/2015 and we just waiting for AOS acceptance letter so can i get second VAC request before zaki and whataday 

Hi Tidang

In your case, it depends on when the AL will hit your email inbox. 

Kind regards

Peter